• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Emerald Island (an Island Region)

Started by eggman121, November 18, 2015, 09:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Michael

Those rail textures: :bnn:

Anyway - great job!!

Akallan

Very beautiful scenery, the texture of the rails is great too! I like the rail viaduct which passes above the street SAM. Great update! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

eggman121

Hello everyone.

I have some overviews of emerald pass but first I will reply to some comments.

Quote from: Tarkus on June 20, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
Stephen, welcome back to the realm of MDing! :thumbsup:  Emerald Landing looks like a nice rural town of yore, and I really enjoy seeing the way you've seamlessly incorporated a sampling of your many substantial and amazing NAM projects into the equation.  I'm certainly getting inspired on the rail front for a possible next region based on this here.  Top notch stuff all around, for sure.

You are too kind Alex  :) I think the "your" should be "we" It has been an amazing ride and We are both now ready to bear the fruits of our work! I am so humbled to be part of a great and helpful community.

Too mention a few (Too many great contributors to mention  ;D ) Rivit, MGB204, Simmer2 and myself have Been the pass and key to unlocking the full potential of the RRW with the Automated Re-texturing Mod by ourselves, Various Lots from MGB204 and Simmer2 and of course Rivit who has been behind the scenes to make a vast quantity of this work and be fully automated!

The NAM Team who we are part of have made alot of this possible. We see long time members coming back too rediscover SC4 with new content. Really the whole community needs a pat on the back.

I am starting a rural region and will modernize as time goes on too keep a timely touch  ;)

Thanks for your post. Much appreciated.

Quote from: _Michael on June 20, 2017, 02:07:46 AM
Those rail textures: :bnn:

Anyway - great job!!

Yeah. The automation of the re-texturing  of the RRW is a real game changer. My co contributors are to be equally applauded in getting this project off the ground  &apls

Rivit, MGB204 and Simmer2 have played instrumental roles in making this a reality  ()stsfd()

Quote from: Akallan on June 20, 2017, 11:58:05 AM
Very beautiful scenery, the texture of the rails is great too! I like the rail viaduct which passes above the street SAM. Great update! &apls

Yeah. Many thanks too Swordmaster for setting the framework when he was last active. The ERRW should be another game changer when it makes its long last debut in NAM 36!

So overviews.

Here are two images of Emerald Pass

For those who are wondering I am using an open source Program called Greenshot that can take region images to suit and than put them into paint as well as other options. I recommend checking it out  ;)

Hillside village of Emerald Pass

Overview of township

Enjoy ()flower()

-eggman121

eggman121

Thanks everyone for the likes :thumbsup:

Here is an overview where the township meets the Farmland....

-eggman121

Tarkus

Stephen, this is amazing stuff here.  You really have a unique style with your rural building, and the way you've handled the undulating terrain is quite remarkable.  It's also great to see all these new NAM 36 features on display here as well--I have a feeling I'm going to be using a lot more SAM here soon.

-Alex

siemanthepieman

I meant to comment on your last update because it caused me to go searching for smooth curves for my SAM dirt roads - but then I found them (under rural roads in my roads menu funnily enough!) and have since been too busy smoothing out all my previously too boxy curves.

Great work on your city. I too like the gentle undulations. Initially I thought you were teasing us with FAR for SAM but I think it is just the hills in some spots playing tricks on my eyes.

mgb204

Quote from: siemanthepieman on August 11, 2017, 04:38:22 AM
I meant to comment on your last update because it caused me to go searching for smooth curves for my SAM dirt roads - but then I found them (under rural roads in my roads menu funnily enough!) and have since been too busy smoothing out all my previously too boxy curves.

Bear in mind that what is shown is not the old outdated puzzle pieces, but the newer draggable functionality which won't be available until NAM36 is released. This will allow proper wealth textures and expand support to more pieces, including all the previously unsupported SAM networks. So maybe hold off on converting everything, since the draggable ones will be much better when you get them.