• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to post something. I'll reply to everyone individually in the next update which should be this week :)

I've been working on a massive shopping area and retail park that brings together a large shopping centre/mall as well as lots of other retailers and some cafés and restaurants. It's also located alongside a residential area which is comprised of affordable and higher density housing as well as some social housing, which is a UK term for housing normally allocated to those on lower incomes. Passau doesn't really do dingy and such housing is well maintained to afford those living there a good standard of accommodation. More of that though when the proper update is posted.

For now.....just a little taster :)

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

Nice update, RP's retail units are about the only proper UK-Styled retail parks I know of :(. One day I will fix that. You've done a masterful job simply lotting a realistic car park to cover them, just shows how a little effort in the LE can do wonders for appearance.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: mgb204 on January 10, 2016, 02:57:46 PM
Nice update, RP's retail units are about the only proper UK-Styled retail parks I know of :(. One day I will fix that. You've done a masterful job simply lotting a realistic car park to cover them, just shows how a little effort in the LE can do wonders for appearance.

I know, they're great but even then not big enough. I'll look forward to your effort ;)

I had to take each RP model and convert it to a prop, thanks for that tip btw, and then lotted one big 16x6 lot for the units and car parking. I'm pleased with the final product

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Vizoria

The lotted carpark in the 1st picture is done really well. I also look forward to seeing the council housing estate to.

compdude787

Nice strip mall* and big mall there!

*That's the American term for any building containing a few shops and restaurants that is nowhere close in size to an actual mall.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Themistokles

I was going to say wonderful relot, but then I changed my mind because I don't really like big car parks or malls... so let's say horribly realistic instead ::) &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

kbieniu7

Quote from: Themistokles on January 10, 2016, 11:37:00 PM
I was going to say wonderful relot, but then I changed my mind because I don't really like big car parks or malls... so let's say horribly realistic instead ::) &apls

Heh, similiar :D Great job with that, looking for more "horribly realistic" things ;)

P.S. Thanks to you I've learnt today new English word :p
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Nanami

The lotted car park actually looks good. It fits the area nicely.... :)

juguesal

Beautiful pictures. Greetings from Spain.

vinlabsc3k

The last update was great as always!! &apls &apls &apls
I can't wait for the next one focused in the teaser! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Swordmaster

Note to self: only checked from page 7.

Great work so far! I'll comment in more detail when I've read it all--i.e. soon.

Cheers
Willy

belfastsocrates

Just a quick post to say I haven't forgotten about my promised update. I was away skiing so time somewhat restricted me and I couldn't find the time to finish a few things and post the update before heading off.

The update will however be uploaded this weekend! I'll also reply to everyone individually as well :D

This post has a dual purpose though. I'd like to hear your suggestions for what you'd like to see more of from Passau and wider Perseus. I have tended to post 'complete' and pretty things from Passau, which I am aware of. Primarily that's because in my head the place exists as a functioning country and so I rarely post 'in-progress' images of the city. I also know Passau has a tendency to look a bit too 'clean', there are reasons for that but I would like to experiment with creating some rougher areas.   

I would like to create new and different updates for 2016 and I welcome suggestions or requests. I also hope to start work on the less dense areas that surround Passau and these will comprise lower density housing, parkland and some aspects of rural.

I'll do my best to progress any ideas, so please make as many suggestions as you like.

kbieniu7

Don't rush, take your time! We will wait, don't worry ;)

"Complete things"... I had the same, I used to post only finished and polished areas only. In this case, there are many of them, that haven't been shown.

So, my suggestion...? Post some work-in-progress photos. Some of your "technical" and "in-progress" thoughts and reflections, tell us abput your target ;) But, if you want to know, what type of environment I would like to see... I don't know in fact... your residential districts are very good, so why changing it? However, maybe a national park...? :)

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

belfastsocrates

Hi everyone. I've been so busy with work and life recently that I haven't had the time to post many updates. I have however now finished the area and will post images over the next day or two.

In the meantime, personal replies below and a teaser of the area I've been working on and will showcase. I've taken about 45 in-game shots of the area so I'll maybe spread them across two posts

Also....I know some people hate the Maxis highways but I haven't quite found the patience to build compact RHW just yet in my urban areas. I will however be using RHW in some new city tiles this year that will be more suburban and rural and I'm looking forward to using it for the first time.

REPLIES

@Themistokles - Thank you!  I do like to make Perseus are lush as possible :D

@Vizoria - Thank you for your comments, I've taken that on-board and I've changed that area slightly to address a few issues, including the suggestions you made.

@Nanami - Yeah I tried to combine a few different BAT's to build up a bigger school complex and apartment developments. I'm pleased you liked it :)

@kbieniu7 - That's very kind of you. As mgb mentioned the apartments are by MattB325

@mgb204 - Always nice to see you comment, I really appreciate your feedback

@Dantes - Thank you very much :)

Mandarin(a) - Oh I intend to keep developing! I just wish I had more free time as crafting Perseus takes so much time

@manga rivotra - Thank you very much, I'm thrilled you enjoyed both updates. The Christmas image took some time but was totally worth it!

@Vizoria - Only another day or so to wait!

@compdude787 - Thank you, hopefully you enjoy the full update :D

@Themistokles - I absolutely hate surface car parking!! lol But....I also appreciate they exist and I like to bring in some elements of realism to Perseus now and then :D

@kbieniu7 - Thanks!

@Nanami - Yeah I'm pleased with it, though now I have KOSC's great new parking textures to play with so more car park lots are in the making!

juguesal - Thank you very much and I appreciate you taking the time to comment

vinlabsc3k - Not too much longer to wait now!

@Swordmaster - Thank you so much, I really appreciate someone of your standing commenting and welcome to Perseus :D

@kbieniu7 - I'll take those suggestions on board

Now for a teaser....

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

belfastsocrates

A selection of views from across the West Illford area of Passau.

West Illford is dominated by large scale retail and social housing. Social housing in Persus is well-funded and well-maintained, the country has a strong ethos of quality and affordable home provision for social housing tenants. Unlike the United Kingdom the purchase of social housing by tenants, known as 'right to buy' is not permitted and that has allowed the supply and quality of housing to be controlled.

West Illford also encompasses some private residential areas, mainly comprising semi-detached and detached housing that was built between the 1940's - 1970's. The area is also home to the new University of Passau Centre for Sporting Excellence, which will be shown at a later date ;)

The M50 Motorway, an orbital route around Passau, also transects the area.

Images have been split into two updates :)

art128

That's some really well made block estate, nice work!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Very, very good! The housing estates look great and it is clear that you have relotted a huge amount of stuff, and it was done well.

feyss

Great work. The commercial areas with their huge parkings look quite realistic. Your building choice is also great and I'm still in love with this little lake  :thumbsup:

edit: I also like the community garden on the 14th picture  ;)

Themistokles

Great LE work! Everything fits very nicely together. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill