• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT 3.51 Patch question?

Started by Mr_Maison, July 14, 2009, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Maison

Hello RTMT team. First off I would like to thank you for making this. I been using it for 90% of my mass transit for years now.
I just recently installed the simulator Z in the latest NAM update and while searching through the file exchange, I stumbled on to the RTMT 3.51 patch. Is there a thread that fully explains the patch? It looks very interesting to me as it seems to address simulator Z. But I'm not sure if I have version 3.50 installed in my game. It looks like it. When I look in my plugins folder, I see a folder for v1 and I have an old version that just says RTMT (think that's the original one I downloaded years ago). In the game I have like 3 different kinds of RTMT in the menus but I'm not sure if one of them is 3.50 and don't want to take a chance and screw anything up.
See the way I keep track of my download/installation is that I make a folder to isolate the zip folders I installed, and 3.50 is in this folder. However, I notice the 3.50 zip folder have 3 installers in them. Where does the installers put the files? I'm thinking maybe I made a mistake and did not install 3.50 but I still see 3 different RTMT kinds in my game menu and only 2 RTMT kinds in my plugins folder.

So first I want to confirm that I have 3.50 installed, then I would like to know if yes, where is the 3.50 folder located? I cannot follow the readme instructions without finding this folder. Also I would like to know if I have to bulldoze my existing stations before I reap the benefits of the patch? Thanks for a great SC creation and thanks for your help in advance.

CaptCity

Mr_Maison,

You mention that you have a zip called 3.50, and it has three installers in it. Well, that does sound like the files for RTMT v3.50. One of the installers is named Install RTMT 3.50 and the other two are for the SingleProps_PropSet and PropFamilies_PropSet. You would have had to run the first for sure and one of the other two. If you had run the first, it would have created a folder in your plugins named RTMTV3. As long as you did not rename it, that would be the folder to looked for to confirm that you do have it installed.

And here is some info the patch itself...  Note the last section on applying the 3.51 patch on existing stations...

QuoteThis patch affects only newly plopped stations. Existing stations are unaffected, and may coexist with the newly plopped ones. If you are having no trouble with your existing stations, you can leave them alone. But if you find that they aren't of sufficient capacity, or if you're having trouble with the congestion effect, bulldoze the affected existing stations and replace them with the equivalent new ones.

Hope this is helpful...

Mr_Maison

Thank you CaptCity!
QuoteIf you had run the first, it would have created a folder in your plugins named RTMTV3.

I do not see this folder in my plugins. Just making sure....is it MyDocuments/Simcity4/Plugins/RTMTV3?

CaptCity

Yes, just tried it. That's the folder that was created.