• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RONDNOIR ~ the small Principality ~ Biganos - Replies and Teaser Old Watermill ~

Started by Framly, May 06, 2010, 02:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

I love this 2 last updates !  :o It's full of life and details everywhere.
As always the use of MMP is brilliant and the castle and the cablecar are integrated perfectly into the landscape.
Great work !  &apls &apls &apls

Gugu3

romualdillo

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Simcoug

seraf

Lovely scene! It reminds me a lot of the Christmas fair in my home city. Merry Christmas to you too :)

kbieniu7

A beautiful market! Looks like from a fairytale!
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Vizoria

A great market, also those cobble streets are some of the best I've seen in SC4.

Fasan

Merry Christmas to you too :)

feyss

Great pictures on the last update and also nic Christmas scenery  :)

Merry Christmas  ;)

Framly

The Bridge on the River Soye

- A journey through the centuries -

The river Soye forms for centuries the border between the Principality and France ...

The narrow river ford at the Soye was first mentioned in 1400 ..

..merchants and travelers used the Soye river ford to cross the border..the family Chavall lived on the riverbank ... street thieves raided the family, killed them and set the house on fire...

...the river ford was often inaccessible in winter, so build up in 1500 after a decree of the Prince the bridge on the river Soye ...

..the trade prosperity at this time. More and more goods were taken across the bridge to the neighboring country ..

..the road to Bordeaux..

Fratricidal:..

1685 troops of the Prince and French soldiers faced each other for the first time..

..the Battle of Soye should go in history.
1690: Finally, the principality of Rondnoir was proclaimed..

..1770: the border tower Chavall ..

..a garrison of the Prince guarding the border and collected duties..

1940 - A dark period begins in Rondnoir

Hitler's Germany, attacks France and reached Rondnoir, all border guards were killed.

The Houlliers Inn..

..the landlord was also victim of the Nazis.

2015 - The border tower Chavall

the Houlliers Inn today - a popular destination for cyclists and hikers.

there is good food and the best wines from the region..

the road to Bordeaux today...

See you soon :thumbsup:

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Vizoria

Fantastic river scenary, farmland and old roads! Do you build upon an entire city tile or just work on certain small areas?

manga rivotra

This update is really wonderful !!! Your MMP work is perfect and very inspiring.  &apls &apls &apls
Changes in PROP through time transcribed subtly the different eras.
It's very succeeded !  :thumbsup:

Girafe

I liked this little story  &apls &apls &apls

Amazing job as usual. You have an amazing talent for real life reproduction, it reminds me Badsim work  ::)

How is done the path with stones, it s a LOT?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kbieniu7

Awesome update! Looking how this small place  that seems to be unimportant in the scale of the whole history - through the ages...  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Bipin

Gorgeous; you never cease to amaze me with what you manage to do in this game.

Themistokles

Wonderful history, all with the bridge in the centre... so much interesting and horrible things have happened because of bridges real and imagined $%Grinno$% and all exquisitely executed as always &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

romualdillo

Fantastic story!! The scenes are very detailed, this update must have taken ages. Thank you very much for showing us this great work!!  &apls

kelis

This is a good way to start the year. Fantastic pictures, I enjoy watching each picture.

I have one question, how did you made that stone path ?It looks fantastic  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

compdude787

Wow, that looks pretty impressive, and I like the history of that area.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel