• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brick_mortimer

After just liking due to lack of time, it's now time for a 'proper' response  ;)
First of, it's a beautiful building, I like the modernist style and the clocktower is the finishing touch.
The combo of L2 and L0 in one station gives a lot of nice opportunities, awesome  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

fantozzi

The National Audit has better connectivity than my mobile phone has. Thank you for the different modding/lotting of this timeless beautiful bat. To me this is a 'must have'.

reddonquixote

Are you yet the most prolific SC4 BAT'er of all time? Surely you must be up there. If not, definitely one of the best, undisputed  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Unconstantean

Those transport building you've released are just outstanding. And man they'll be perfect for my unusual main transport line of the downtown.

But what i wanted to ask, you've made that amazing and realistic modular golf field. And man i'm planing to build an enitre large city made out of those golf courses  :D And here comes my request...is it possible in the future for you to create a modular amusement park. Not disneyland but something more like walley world or the one in scooby doo mistery inc . i know that there is a modular park out there but well it's not up to current standards :D

PaPa-J

Just downloaded your transport buildings today.  They look awesome! Going to get them in my city tonight.

Thanks for what you do.   :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mattb325

Thankyou all for the kind words.   ;D ()stsfd() I can name plenty of better batters than me...and just as well, too, we need them all to keep this old game going strong  :popcorn:

I've uploaded the Ultra-modern L1 7.5m E-RRW rail transport hub.

The name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue....luckily it's easier to download: here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3594

The modern BoB is almost ready for upload, too: I added some additional mullions...even though I really liked the wide windows, it had the effect of making the building appear overscaled in game.

I also added nite lites:

And, another one grew for me while doing all of the station testing...I made this to be a mid-wealth complement to the High-wealth Kensington Row apartments. It is a little different in the window treatment at the front balconies....they are glass louvres. I don't think I've seen any bats with this before, and they are actually visible in game, which is always another plus  $%Grinno$%  ::)

So expect this to be uploaded soon, too (when I get around to writing the readme!:D

Simmer2

Bravo, Matt &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Andreas

You accidentally linked to one of Nick's garbage lots, I fixed that for you. ;)

I really like the BoB, esp. the nightlighting! The residential mid-rise looks very promising, too (and is a much welcome addition in between all those small homes and skyscrapers that we have).
Andreas

Girafe

Awesome BATs  &apls &apls

I particularly love the modern train station  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eggman121

Lovely work Matt :thumbsup:

I love the detail of the train station  &apls

All of your work is awesome however this station really takes my eye in detail ;)

-eggman121

brick_mortimer

Great work on the trainstation, I love the glass panels on the roof!
This can either work as the mass transit centerpiece of a modern business / industrial park, or as an eyesore in a historical neighbourhood :P

The BoB is came together nicely and trowing in a beautiful looking midrise is the icing on the cake  :thumbsup:
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

korver

Stunning work as always &apls

Unconstantean

Stunning work as usual. I did a review of 4 of the stations. All works fine except for a visual glitch when the trains reach or leave the stations.

https://youtu.be/RyoMl9YbJRs

bravesirkevin

Loving the new stations! They're fantastic!

Just wanted to give you a heads up that there seems to be some sort of bug with the Strickland Station that causes disembarking passengers to spawn as cars rather than as pedestrians.

mattb325

Thanks guys.

@Bravesirkevin. Strickland station acts as a car park & ride, bus stop and taxi maker, so it should generate automata.... but as the passengers disembark from under the glass canopy of the station, it would be difficult to see them either as sims....or cars. However it would be kinda cool to see cars spewing out of a train carriage  :P

@Unconstantean. The 7.5/15m viaduct rail is similar to the glr stations in that it uses a 're-skin' (if you will) of an existing network for its functionality. Just like glr uses el-rail and you will often see trams jumping 15m into the air at the glr stops, the viaduct rail uses the heavy rail as its existing network, so the trains go to the ground at the station.
Custom pathing can of course be used to avoid this, but that was beyond the scope of what my intention was when I made this set as all of the station platforms are entirely covered so it is really most noticeable only in u-drive-it mode. The other L2 networks won't suffer this issue.

@Andreas, thanks for fixing the link  ;)

The Bureau of Bureaucracy is uploaded. Get it here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3595

Unconstantean

Oh , i see, i had no ideea how it works, yet it's kinda' funny like a roller coaster  :D amazing assets anyways, can't wait for the rest in the set :D

eggman121

QuoteThe 7.5/15m viaduct rail is similar to the glr stations in that it uses a 're-skin' (if you will) of an existing network for its functionality. Just like glr uses el-rail and you will often see trams jumping 15m into the air at the glr stops, the viaduct rail uses the heavy rail as its existing network, so the trains go to the ground at the station.
Custom pathing can of course be used to avoid this, but that was beyond the scope of what my intention was when I made this set as all of the station platforms are entirely covered so it is really most noticeable only in u-drive-it mode. The other L2 networks won't suffer this issue.

May I be of assistance?

I can do some custom paths that you can add in SC4-Tool by using Rep 16 to add the custom path.

All you need to do is reference a S3D path file

Man you could also take the existing path file from the ERRW and use that. For L1 it is 0x5d640000 and for L2 it is 0x5d740000

This is assuming that the Lots are North South. If not it will take me less than a minute to align the Paths east west.

Also the Elevated OxO Crossing has the paths in Both East/ West and North/ South. The IID for these paths are L1 = 0x5d648000 and L2 = 0x5d78000

I'm sure you know that all that you need to re release are the Lots with the referenced paths.

Hope that helps.

-eggman121

bravesirkevin

Quote from: mattb325 on March 24, 2018, 06:09:45 PM

@Bravesirkevin. Strickland station acts as a car park & ride, bus stop and taxi maker, so it should generate automata.... but as the passengers disembark from under the glass canopy of the station, it would be difficult to see them either as sims....or cars. However it would be kinda cool to see cars spewing out of a train carriage  :P

Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the automata.... I meant 9000 trains pulled into the station in my CBD and 9000 cars exited and drove the congestion through the roof. I demolished it and put it in a suburb instead and 4000 trains arrived, 4000 cars disembarked and drove to all the nearby workplaces that were in walking distance and the rest got on the highway clogging up the small diamond interchange. It's almost like a reverse park & ride.

Not sure if that's intended behaviour, or a bug. If the former, then I probably just need to figure out how to use it more effectively, but just in case it is the latter, I thought I'd let you know! :)

Andreas

I think this is one reason why Maxis only added a car > passenger transit switch to the railway stations, and omitted a passenger > car one, as it would "magically" create car rides if a car trip was quicker for the sims to continue their journey than walking or using a bus, subway etc.

A park & ride station works best in a residential-only, suburban environment, where the railway is the shortest connection to your downtown, so the sims aren't tempted to disembark the train and continue their ride by car, clogging nearby workplaces or a highway into your CBD that runs parallel to the railway.
Andreas

mattb325

@Bravesirkevin, these are a couple of different cities from my tests...I usually test in about 5 different cities.

I can't replicate the issue that either you or Andreas speak of.

City 1 - in an area of a large city tile approx 80K; in it's own corner of the tile....development is medium density res/comm around the station:

You can see that there are res and comm building cheek by jowl. The train numbers don't equal the car numbers.

Congestion view of the same area. You can also see in the table that this area is a little away from the other main built up areas of the map.

City 2: much bigger city population of 220K but on a medium tile. Lots of different networks

More residential buildings this time immediately around Strickland station, but again car and train numbers simply don't match; there's quite a distinct difference between the two.

Congestion view. There's a bit of red, but I did put it on a street  ::)

Then just to show what's going on, if I zoom out, you can see there is a real mix of res/comm and many different networks in operation.

I'm not sure what is causing it for you. Could it be NAM settings in the traffic controller (high/med/low?) I use the default.

And @eggman121. Thanks that could be good. I'll try and get my head around it on my own before I wave the white flag of 'help I don't have a clue about pathing' but honestly, I never really play with U-Drive it, or My Sims, so it wasn't on my radar - apart from making sure that U-Drive it could go through the stations  :D