• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Region expansion with SC4 Terraformer

Started by JamesSanner, September 26, 2011, 12:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesSanner

Hello,

I've been playing on a region for a while, and was wondering if it would be possible to expand my region to the north and west using SC4TF. This doesn't seem to be doable just editing the config in MS Paint.

Thanks,
JS

Lowkee33

Hi JS

It's possible with just paint.  In-Game, click on a city like you were going to play it.  There are a few options there, and one of them is to "import".  This option will allow you to replace that city with a different one from another region.  So you have to make a new region with the config the way you want it, and then start importing cities from your current region.

You will certainly want to back up your original region and keep it separate.  The import doesn't copy/paste, it cut/pastes.     

I've never done this en-mass, so I don't know how well it works.  I can say that neighbor connections work, though I don't know if neighborhood deals work.  I would say to not enter any city until you've moved the entire region over.  Then start entering cities and see how messed up it is.

Good luck :)

A more complicated way involves using Terraformer to export the region image as a 16bit PNG.  You will need a program that can edit such an image (photoshop) where you rotate the image 180 degrees (rotate your config as well).  Then re-import with Terraformer, save, enter your config in paint, add cities to the south and east, enter the region in SC4 (important), re-enter Terraformer,  export it, rotate again (config again too), re-import, save, play. :)

This way will of course loose all city/flora/network data.