• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Is it going to be possible to have the old texture for STR and the new texture for DTR ?
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

As has been stated often since the inception of RRW, the Real Railway is more than a texture change. RRW relates to a change in gauge and complete overhaul of Rail within the NAM. Just as the original game came with default rail textures, so does RRW, albeit quite a different set.

But textures are just that, you are free to swap textures about and change the appearance of your rails. You can do this for STR only if you prefer too. The problem, currently no such alternative texture set exists.

So technically possible yes, but if your question is about official support in the NAM installer for old non-RRW textures. That is not going to happen. But you are free to mod things that way if you like.

Many of the IDs used by RRW are either completely new content or have been altered from the originals. So if you want to use an existing set of textures, that would necessitate altering IDs and making many new textures for complete coverage. Additionally (not applicable to STR), the pathing has been altered for the new gauge of RRW. So if your new textures don't match the updated gauge, automata running upon them may look wrong. It's totally possible to re-create the Maxis rail textures and use them with RRW. However, it would be a lot of work, I'd wait for the RRW Automation project to get released. When that's ready, the number of options for rail textures is going to increase very quickly.

eggman121

Spot the variety  ;)

With the Road Viaduct OST being rail based it is indeed possible to make an alternate set of modern viaducts.

Orthogonal for now but they will be expanded upon in future NAM editions.

-eggman121

kbieniu7

Oh dear... Do you have a life? :D wonderful!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Gugu3

Alan_Waters

_Michael

These look amazing, and I must have missed the 7.5m viaducts - excited for those also! Are these like SAM, whereby you can change between them, or do you have one installed? And are they all dragable?

eggman121

Hello everyone. Just here to answer some questons  ;) Thanks for all the comments and likes!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 15, 2017, 02:28:24 PM
Oh dear... Do you have a life?

I hope I do :D , Would not be making this content otherwise  ;D . I am kind of on a blitz mission to make as much content as I can before study starts in March.

Quote from: matias93 on January 15, 2017, 05:54:30 PM
Is this for real!? You are my hero  :laugh:

Thanks, yep, would not consider myself to be a hero :D , Just a humble modder.

Quote from: Gugu3 on January 16, 2017, 01:09:59 AM
This is insane!!!! &apls &apls &apls &apls

Sure is. Thanks  :)

Quote from: Alan_Waters on January 16, 2017, 09:38:07 AM
eggman121, I believe in you!  &apls &apls &apls

I believe I can get the work done as well. Thanks!

Quote from: michae95l on January 16, 2017, 10:17:30 AM
These look amazing, and I must have missed the 7.5m viaducts - excited for those also! Are these like SAM, whereby you can change between them, or do you have one installed? And are they all dragable?

Thanks for the questions. Both will be able to be used concurrently due to this fact...

As you see, the road OST is actually Rail Based. This is what the modern viaducts are based off.

So as you may see in this picture trains can use it as a result.

All my work is flex or draggable. puzzle pieces are exception to the rule as far as my work goes ::)

So I should be able to make the orthogonal crossings for Maxis, RHW and NWM networks. They will only be orthogonal for now. Diagonals later  ;)

The other viaducts will have diagonal however.

-eggman121

compdude787

Whoa, that looks nice!! Looking forward to using those two different styles of rail viaducts!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tyberius06

Those are looking very good. I can't wait to build a new rail line using these gems.

One question: is that possible to make a transition piece between the 7,5m and 15m "on slope"? How I mean is each side of the ramp 7,5 the other side 15m and there is no level diffences, it's just a straight line. Like the 7,5 runs on ground level and the 15 runs on -7,5m. Is that possible to connect them like this or making such transitions?
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eggman121

Thanks for all the comments and likes everyone!

First crossing of the modern ERRW....

Quote from: Tyberius06 on January 16, 2017, 04:05:14 PM
One question: is that possible to make a transition piece between the 7,5m and 15m "on slope"? How I mean is each side of the ramp 7,5 the other side 15m and there is no level diffences, it's just a straight line. Like the 7,5 runs on ground level and the 15 runs on -7,5m. Is that possible to connect them like this or making such transitions?

It is indeed possible but not high priority yet. I still need to make the L2 variants. But that being said the transition you are talking about is on the list.

-eggman121

Gugu3

dedgren

Incredible gorgeous stuff.  SC4 rail rules!

A. Lurker
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Krasner

That is the kind of stuff that didn't seemed to be needed when it didn't exist but that immediately becomes a need when we see it. Our way in the sin  :D That is excellent  :thumbsup:
ANARCHIST !!

eggman121

Thanks for all the nice comments and likes everyone  :thumbsup:

Here is the latest development...

Can't wait to see this in some of your cities once the work is complete.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Looks exciting, all drggable I assume!  What about going over AVE6/7 and RHW all LO networks? 

Tyberius06

It's really awesome!  &apls &apls
Just a few question:
- is this a total different work from what was made by Swordmaster (Willy), or you continued his work? Or was that a team work anyway? Maybe I recall wrongly but I remember he has been working on L1 viaducts as well and a lot of L2 transitions.
- how about SAM transitions (different SAM textures including mgb's Industrial SAM version)?
- different GLR options? TiR, ToR, TiA etc?

Anyway this is good, really good.
Thank you!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eggman121

Hello everyone. Just here to reply to some comments.

Quote from: dyoungyn on January 18, 2017, 09:24:04 PM
Looks exciting, all drggable I assume!  What about going over AVE6/7 and RHW all LO networks? 

Those are on the cards. I do plan to extend the functionality to that area as well.

Quote from: Tyberius06 on January 18, 2017, 11:52:24 PM
Just a few question:
- is this a total different work from what was made by Swordmaster (Willy), or you continued his work? Or was that a team work anyway? Maybe I recall wrongly but I remember he has been working on L1 viaducts as well and a lot of L2 transitions.
- how about SAM transitions (different SAM textures including mgb's Industrial SAM version)?
- different GLR options? TiR, ToR, TiA etc?

Thanks Tyberius for the questions.

There should be the same OxO functionality for those networks listed as well.

Swordmaster Did a bit of work in this arena a year ago but he has since been MIA for a while now. The work I did on the FlexTrack component got his attention and drew him back but than he went into hiding again. If I was not around there is a fair bet that the RRW would not have been as advanced as it is today. That is my assumption anyhow.

Swordmaster however left a large set of code and files in his time and I have been adjusting those and extending them for release. Finding the time to do the pathing along with all the other projects I have going on is proving difficult however. I am still working out the best way too extend the functionality for the user base since we really are down to a few NAM Team members now. That aside we are doing the best in the circumstance and that may result in some functionality limitation.

Hopefully that offers some clarity.

That is all for now.

-eggman121