• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Updated Dependencies List ¡¡¡ ( Thanks to Diggis)

Started by jeronij, August 11, 2007, 06:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimepcgamer

Hi Silur,

Thanks for the help but each time I try to download both of these packs it asks for a password when I'm un-zipping them.  ?

Kevin

Pat

HI there Kevin when you go to open the files after downloading successfully it wants a password to extract them? I am understanding that correctly or is it where you cant even download the file at all?

EDIT:  OK so I went to Aptx props on the LEX and I was able to download them all and unzip them no problems without it asking me for any passwords... Are you registered on the LEX at all to download? Do you have a separate program that had a trial version that had expired that requires you to buy it now before you can extract any files further?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Silur

No any problems with any ZIP folders from LEX for me too ...

Ilikeanrhw

Is there any dependency at Maarten's LRM at the LEX? Because if it turns on at night it becomes brown boxes.  :'(
(\__/) Watch out! I think everyday is a toaster day.
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. Bunny loves weasels. So you too. :)

catty

The readme lists these dependencies

StreetlightColourPackV2_LightCones.dat from cogeo's Streetlight Colour pack V2
StreetlightColourPackV2_Lamppost$$$Fix.dat from cogeo's Streetlight Colour pack V2
StreetlightColourPackV2_LampAuraColorTinted.dat from cogeo's Streetlight Colour pack V2

which you can find here  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/12336-street-light-colour-pack-v2/

hope that helps

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Ilikeanrhw

(\__/) Watch out! I think everyday is a toaster day.
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. Bunny loves weasels. So you too. :)

Galacticruler

all of the STEX dependence urls have migrated to different links, or were removed from there, and just link to the main page at the STEX.
Anyone noticed this yet?

catty

Quote from: Galacticruler on May 24, 2012, 02:26:31 PM
...Anyone noticed this yet?

Every time Simtropolis has an update the links change, if you are after something in particular let me know and I'll track it down for you

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Silur

Thank You ... Catty - sometimes it's true ...
I have all from 2004 and never speak about this ..
I haven't any problems with Props, Bats and Lots ...
And with main ...
You can find some Dependencies with "Google Search" , but there are many dead now  :D
Now I can't find any FANTA's objects on china.cn site ...
My mind - You must download all with Your all SC4 connection shortly today ...

catty

Silur

Hi, Catty - I'll try this on Simpeg. but I know - this is a very curved thread ...
I saw FANTA's works about one month ago on China site, can't see it now ...
And one - Your link lead me to nothing - it's a thread ABOUT FANTA's simple MMP created by Craig-Abcvs !!! Can't see FANTA ...

ZERO answers on SIMPEG about FANTA now ...
Thank You, in any case ...

Galacticruler

Quote from: catty on May 25, 2012, 02:54:45 AM

Every time Simtropolis has an update the links change, if you are after something in particular let me know and I'll track it down for you

-catty
99% of the STEX links changed and just link back to the main page, and the search function does not yeild results for some with 1-2 letter/number combos in the names.(and again, some were removed.)

catty

Quote from: Galacticruler on May 25, 2012, 12:44:40 PM
-catty
99% of the STEX links changed and just link back to the main page, and the search function does not yeild results for some with 1-2 letter/number combos in the names.(and again, some were removed.)

Its still possible to find it, but in some cases the plugin no longer exists on the STEX, I have been working on a Custom Content Catalog over at City Builders

http://citybuilders.co.nz/joomla/index.php/en/

you currently need to be a registered user to see it and it is very much a work in progress, as I said previously I'm happy to help

-catty

NCGAIO

Quote from: Silur on May 25, 2012, 04:18:00 AM

ZERO answers on SIMPEG about FANTA now ...
Thank You, in any case ...

:thumbsup: The link below is the index of the SC's work FANTA

http://simcity.cn/blog.php?tid=99303

"$Deal"$ Need permission from the group.

Diggis

Quote from: Galacticruler on May 25, 2012, 12:44:40 PM

-catty

It's possible, with the STEX links that they ID number in the link is still valid and it's just the first part that needs changing.  That's how it originally worked.

catty

Quote from: Diggis on June 08, 2012, 02:47:51 AM
...It's possible, with the STEX links that they ID number in the link is still valid and it's just the first part that needs changing.  That's how it originally worked.

Hi Diggis

Nice to see a post from you, I miss your MD

and yes if you paste this into a web browser  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27694-  it should take you to the right plugin, but there also seems to have been a lot of deletions on the STEX so that's not always a guaranteed result.

-catty

whatevermind

This issue has been found and resolved and found again, it simply will not die  :P

So, let's resolve it again.  There are three Dependency Lists on SC4D (well, three I've found, there may be even more).  None of them have the latest STEX address formatting, because they haven't been updated in a while.  However, after ST changed its addresses, they realized they broke older links, and added a fix that grandfathered old addresses into the new system.  Unfortunately, it only works with the most recent previous addresses, and there are even older ones out there that are still in use.

The only Dependency List whose STEX links work correctly is this one.  This is the page you get if you click on the "boxes?" picture in the menu to your left.

DO NOT USE either the one on the LEX (here), or the one that is linked in the first page of this thread (here), as these are both outdated and very broken in regard to STEX links.  It would literally take a minute each to fix these pages, but someone with access to the webpage server would have to do it so they could reupload the corrected pages.

As mentioned above, there is no getting around files that have been deleted, or sites that no longer exist - except to ask around and see if someone knows if/where the files can still be found.

Diggis

Quote from: whatevermind on June 08, 2012, 06:25:27 PM
This issue has been found and resolved and found again, it simply will not die  :P

So, let's resolve it again.  There are three Dependency Lists on SC4D (well, three I've found, there may be even more).  None of them have the latest STEX address formatting, because they haven't been updated in a while.  However, after ST changed its addresses, they realized they broke older links, and added a fix that grandfathered old addresses into the new system.  Unfortunately, it only works with the most recent previous addresses, and there are even older ones out there that are still in use.

The only Dependency List whose STEX links work correctly is this one.  This is the page you get if you click on the "boxes?" picture in the menu to your left.

DO NOT USE either the one on the LEX (here), or the one that is linked in the first page of this thread (here), as these are both outdated and very broken in regard to STEX links.  It would literally take a minute each to fix these pages, but someone with access to the webpage server would have to do it so they could reupload the corrected pages.

As mentioned above, there is no getting around files that have been deleted, or sites that no longer exist - except to ask around and see if someone knows if/where the files can still be found.

I don't know where the first 2 lists are from....  :o  The one linked by the boxes is the only one I knew existed and have ever updated.

Quote from: catty on June 08, 2012, 03:42:12 AM
Quote from: Diggis on June 08, 2012, 02:47:51 AM
...It's possible, with the STEX links that they ID number in the link is still valid and it's just the first part that needs changing.  That's how it originally worked.

Hi Diggis

Nice to see a post from you, I miss your MD

and yes if you paste this into a web browser  http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27694-  it should take you to the right plugin, but there also seems to have been a lot of deletions on the STEX so that's not always a guaranteed result.

-catty

Cheers Catty. Unfortunately, Watersford got Poxed and is now dead.    :'(

Dino007

Hi!
Does anybody knows, where could I get Maxis_Traincar_Props_E-V3.dat & Maxis_Traincar_Props_G-V3.dat?
Gizmo's site is down...
TIGR

catty