• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tigre de los Esteros (Update#7, football in Tigre)

Started by malbec, October 11, 2008, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malbec

Welcome. Tigre de los Esteros is an MD about a fictional city located in Santa Fe, Argentina.
There is a city named Tiger on the namesake river in the province of Buenos Aires, but it's another city.
All the historical data that relate to the city, as well as the names are imaginary. But if there are data about Argentina and its history it will be real, and I will try to put links to these.
My English is not very good, I hope to practice a bit with writing this MD.

Page 1
Introduction & A bit about the history of Tigre

Tigre South East & Airport
Tigre de los Esteros Race Track

Tigre South
Molinos Port

Page 2
Region overview

Tigre West
San Miguel

Tigre North
New Canal

Page 3
Football in Tigre

malbec

Update #1

A bit about the history of Tigre ...
In the year 1801 or 1802 a group of rural workers (gauchos) pursued by the justice settled down on the right side of the Paraná river, 40 miles from the city of Santa Fe. The place was a little unhabited forest, inaccessible by land, but a pond connected to the river provide access through boats. Fishing and cuatrerismo (cattle rustling) were then the main activities and the once refugee of renegade gauchos slowly turned into a little town who was different from others because the its lack of judge, plaza and church, but it had a general store and a pulperia. It is not known why the name of Tigre de los Esteros, some versions indicate that this was the nickname of a dangerous offender who lived in the area, others speak about a jaguareté, something unlikely as the animal is not endemic to the area.

In 1884 the governor of the province of Santa Fe decided to build a planned city on the coast of Paraná, about halfway between the cities of Rosario and Santa Fe. The name of that city would be Misericordia and would be the legislative capital of the province.
The location chosen for Misericordia was high ground to the side of the river, about 3 km from the settlement of the Tigre de los Esteros, which by then was populated by some 300 inhabitants.
With the start of the work on the layout of the city came hundreds of workers, many newly emigrated from Europe, and the residences of these workers were located in the old Tigre de los Esteros. These were the first inhabitants of the new city, and they conserve the name of Tigre, as though for a long time appear on maps as Misericordia, the inhabitants of this place call themselves tigreanos and the city simply as Tigre.

The birth of the town of Misericordia is part of a unique moment of economic flowering of Argentina. The government of Santa Fe wanted a big city and entrusted its route to the Department of Engineers of the Province who were inspired by the urban designs published in Paris in 1880, in the Atlas Universal of Athéme Fayard and by the layout of the city of La Plata, capital of the province of Buenos Aires.
The original trce (now overtaken by urban growth) is a large square that delimits with wide boulevards. The interior layout is divided into square blocks. At the center, the vast plaza San Martín is the meeting point of the main avenues and the diagonals that indicate the cardinal points.
Inside the city is divided into a sort of large blocks, each with 9 blocks, surrounded by wide tree-lined avenues. Superimposed on this plot there are major diagonals connecting the main plazas to each other.
The expansion of the city occurred east, to the port, with the creation and establishment of industries (Meat packing) on the coast. The works of the old canal and the Belgrano Canal enabled lot a large tract of land between the coastal and the city.
The original layout of Misericordia is keept in the historical library of Tigre de los Esteros, here a facsimil:

In the city was built a train station that connected with the Railway General Manuel Belgrano and a cathedral, a novelty for the locals. The first batches were autioned in 1889, and bought the family Aragón, who had a great estancia near in the area.

Here the Cathedral and the goverment building:

The relocation of the capital never became law, but the city grew rapidly with the construction of the port in 1910.
In 1995 the town changed its official name to Tigre de los Esteros.
Here some Pictures of the cener, with some early XX Century buildings mixed with actual developments:

The Libertador José de San Martin plaza:

The Victoria park:

And an overview of de center:

Simpson

This is looking good, great wtart of MD  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

dsrwhat316

A very good start for your first MD. I look forward to seeing more from you!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

alan_vzla

Good job on this first update, it surely looks Argentinian :satisfied:. Looking forward for more

Alan

Geronimo

Great start, looking really good!  :thumbsup:

papab2000

Amazing work  :thumbsup: I can only hope to build a city this well. Great job.  &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Earth quake

Great start and welcome to SC4 MD.  :thumbsup:

Vario80

Absolutely fantastic work. Looks great for a start.  :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Sciurus

Beautiful but an there is an asian Bat, and it's not beautiul with the style of your city :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

malbec

Update #2

First Tigre South East, a low density residential area with the Airport "Comodoro Luis Rucchi". There are 8 flights to Buenos Aires every day, a 2 to Cordoba, Mendoza, Paraná and Sao Paulo. Semanal flights to several cities within the contry and neigbours. Taxi flighst to Santa Fe and Rosario:

And Second the race track of Tigre. The main prix here are the turismo carretera and Top race.

This is the circuit:

And some shots of the race:

That's me driving the safety car:

kbieniu7

Very nice airport. And good idea with race track.  ;)
Only one thing I think you culd change - not place skyscrapers near small houses.
I'm waiting for more  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

jeronij

Muy buen comienzo  &apls &apls

Really good start ¡¡, , urban planning is very realistic, a bit plain for my taste, but realistic after all, and that racing area is looking really fresh and realistic too.

It's been a pleasant visit  :thumbsup:

Ooops, I forgot to mention, I miss the traffic in your city pictures.... there is an option which allosws you to pause the transit and keep it visible while you pause the game..... just in case you want to add some life to those pictures ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Fatsuhono

Hello Malbec, and of course welcome to SC4 Devotion!
This new CJ - WOW! :thumbsup: I love the diagonals, and the detail, and looks very sunny! :)
Some people have said that Maxis buildings aren't nice, but you make them looked very nice here!
Only thing I recommend: Get the new runways from the RMIP, and your airport will be even nicer!!! ;)

Zaphod

A race track, that's something you don't see everyday..How did you do the cars racing? Traffic generator, lots, photoshop? cool idea.

I like your airport terminal too, very realistic design with a central traffic loop around the main landside terminal, and three concourses.
War Kittens !?

Simpson

Wow this update is really splenid, great work  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

great start on your MD malbec  &apls great picture  :thumbsup: good airport  ;)
very nice idea for the race track ! I think I borrow it......... $%Grinno$%
buen trabajo mi amigo!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

papab2000

Nice racetrack  :thumbsup: Very nice update  &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

malbec

Thanks to all for you comments :) ! Zaphod: I do the race track with car generators and a closed loop of road.

Update #3

Tigre South: This area of the city is very populated, and an important part of the comerce is done here. In the southern part there is a low density residential zone, and the stadium of one of the most important football clubs of Tigre de los Esteros.

Molinos Port: Though the economy of the region is well-diversified agriculture play an indispensable role through its profitability and foreign exchange earnings via exports. Twenty-one percent of the cultivated lands of Argentina are in Santa Fe, whose main crops are soybean (main national producer), sunflower, maize, wheat, and rice.
The Molinos port in Tigre de los Esteros is the departure point for the export of the production of a big part of the total production of Santa Fe and many other provinces, witch includes derivates of soybean, flours and vegetable oils. In 2008 the exportation of Puerto Molino comprised over than 400.000.000 USD and over 2.5 million tonnes.

kbieniu7

Very nice suburbs, and those docks. Good work  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!