• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Peroacia Region

Started by rhythmandjays, June 02, 2008, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhythmandjays

Wassup all

I recently joined the SC4D community and I took a look around to get a little feel for the atmosphere. I really like what's going on here. There's people that provide excellent new content for all us to use and play with. I'm probably still playing this game because of things like the NAM, RHW, CAM etc. I know the research and the programming involved in that sorta thing, I am an upcoming engineer myself. I really appreciate what they are doing here.

I go to North Carolina State University; I just finished my first year and I have 3-4 more years until I get my major in Computer & Electrical Engineering. 

Why am I doing an MD? I want to meet new people and get connected with this community, so what better way than to do an MD here. This will be my first MD, hopefully not my last. I've looked at a couple of MDs here and hopefully I can use them as a guide to get mine going.

There will be three main parts of my MD. I'm going to attempt to focus on history, realism, and interactivity. I want to give my region some historic depth and dimension to it and it'll hopefully make this MD more pleasureable. Once my region is established and the history part of my MD fades away, it will become more interactive. So now I want to introduce the region I'm working with: Peroacia.

Here is the entire region of Peroacia

Be back later with the first update.

CasperVg

Looks great, very nice! Nice map and great foraging.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Simpson

Hello,
Your region look great
I really want to see more... ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

jjune4991

very nice region. i see you have started? maybe? well, i hope to see the developed areas soon. good start!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

NASCAR_Guy

That is a beautiful Map Rythym
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

rhythmandjays

caspervg: Thanks!

Simpson: Thanks! Trust me, you will get more.  :thumbsup:

jjune4991: I am a bit ahead of the updates...make sure I'm prepared. I
wanted to take a clean region shot, but by the time I found the program,
I've already started early development in the region.

NASCAR_Guy: Much appreciate the comment Nascar.

In 1558, King Menoza of the Jariah Empire sent a fleet of four ships to search for the treasure. It was only 3 years ago that a serf, who was only a couple of seconds from death whispered five words into the king's ear. "Novus universitas habitum topaz thesaurus". It was these words that saved Pero Adney from his death. After a brief meeting, King Menoza decided to spare Adney's life temporarily if and only if he went on a successful search for the topaz treasure. King Menoza drafted Adney into the navy and immediately promoted him to Admiral.

Pero Adney

Quickly, Admiral Adney prepared and trained a crew. In the course of two years, Adney fell in love with Acia Caprina. She was the fifth in line for the throne after King Menoza. Slowly, Pero Adney attempted to increase his influence in the Royal Court. In a matter of months, Pero Adney found himself in the elite aristocratic circle and made his residence in the Palace; Admiral Adney gained the favor of King Menoza. In the last days before the voyage, King Menoza ordered to set up a permanent post in the new world. With this, Adney became a litueanant govenor of the future new settlement.

The Metro Quietus

On August 1558, the four ships: Joren, Sai, Nauti, and Metro Quietus embarked on a journey to seek the topaz treasure. Through harsh weather and life on the ocean, Admiral Adney made landfall on an island in November 1558. With 300 settlers, the first settlement, Adney, was founded on November 3, 1558.

Painting of Island and Settlement Spot

Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Looks nice, seems like a good mix of hills and and flatlands to me. Good work.
(You can get rid of the yellow pause-thingy here: Offsite Link - STEX

Simpson

Looks very good :thumbsup:

Happy to see more  :D
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

rhythmandjays

caspervg: Thanks for the tip on the pause-thingy program. That will be very useful.  :thumbsup: Thanks for the compliment.

Simpson: Thank you sir. I just noticed you have an MD yourself. Very nice area you have there.  ;D

Litueantant Govenor Adney quickly ordered the settlers to get timber to build a small settlement. Farming was very important to the success of Adney, but because it was November, the days were already short and the ocean wind brought a cold chill over the landscape. Adney sent back the four ships with a message for King Menoza. Adney needed food; it needed the food quickly. For now, a fishing dock was built so the people could harness the bounty of the sea.

Months passed and thoughts of mutiny and suicide clouded the people's judgement. The air of dissent and tension worried and stressed Lt. Govenor Adney and his wife Acia.

On a day of light snow, a young man convinced a number of people to kill Adney. A group of 35 people surrounded Adney's door blaspheming his name and announcing his death. Lt. Governor Adney gave in with no resistance. As Adney's neck lay on the chop block, Acia turned away in fear and disgust. Luckily, she noticed the ships just over the horizon and frantically signaled the people. Thoughts of murder quickly cleared the minds of the people as they celebrated the first shipment of food and supplies. Mr. Adney silently thanked King Menoza and his quick reply to his request. Food had put down the Millbrook Rebellion.

Lt. Gov Adney met with the envoy from Jariah. Adney had three years before King Menoza required the first shipment of topaz. But King Menoza promised to send any resources that Adney needed for the next three years. Lt. Govenor Adney sent back the ships with an order of more food, people, and supplies. In Spring 1559, Adney began building the First Cathedral of Adney. The Cathedral faced the west as a symbol to ask God to watch over current and future expeditions further inland. Farming was set up and an irrigation system project was initated. Adney would make sure that the people would be prepared for the next winter.

The Adney Settlement

warszawa

Welcome to the MD's rhythmandjays. Great terraforming and development start. I hope all the residents are prepared for the winter... Although it would be lovely to see a shot of Adney in the deep thick snow. Looking forwards to seeing Adney grow.

Alex
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

rhythmandjays

warszawa: Thanks for the compliments. We'll see if Adney is ready for the second winter. Luckily, I have tried to fulfill your request. Here is a snow day in Adney. Hope you enjoy!  :thumbsup:

After a strong foundation was established in the Adney settlement, Lt. Govenor Adney began an expedition toward the Topaz Mountain. In the fall of 1561 a new settlement, Topaz Town, was set up at the foot of the mountain. Thanks to several shipments and migrations from the mother empire, the initial 300 population boomed to about 1,000. Mines were established and regular shipments of stone, marble, and topaz were sent back to Jariah. Lt. Govenor Adney ordered city walls to be built to protect Jariah's investments.

Topaz Town

Mines of Topaz Town

The irrigation project and the First Cathedral of Adney were both completed in 1564. These buildings acted as a morale boost to the people. Lt. Govenor Adney was beginning to be revered as a king in this burgeoning colony. The first son of Adney, David, was born in 1564; there was great celebration. Later that year, Adney experienced the greatest harvest ever seen in its young history. These events further convinced that Pero Adney was a person ordained by God himself to be a king.

First Cathedral of Adney

A lighthouse was also built as a beacon for incoming and outcoming ships. Naval traffic expnonetially increased. There was at least three ships incoming every couple of months. Several people came to the new world trying to find wealth or satisfy an adventure thrill. By the end of the 1570s, Adney and Topaz Town were self-sustaining settlements.

Adney with the irrigation project, lighthouse, and fishing docks completed

Enjoy and please comment!
:P

CasperVg

Looks great, the ditches seem to be very big for irrigation ditches tho. Perhaps you should try Simgoober's Irrigation Canals. I like how you are utilizing the SAM very much, good work!

jjune4991

rhythmandjays

caspervg: Thanks for the link. I tried to not use any lots to show the engineering limits of the people of this colony (they just dug a ditch),  :D but I will definitely be using this in the future.

jjune4991: Thanks, it's the Salzburg Cathedral by debussyman.

Pero Adney, king of the new Adnese Empire (not known by King Menoza), fell ill in 1587. David (23) and his little brother Ivan (19) were shocked at the sudden turn of his illness. During his last days, King Adney appointed his wife as the replacement and new monarch of the Adnese Empire and David the position of regent. He did not think David was ready to lead the infant empire. Jealous and filled with rage, on the night of March 17, 1588, David assassinated his mother Acia. David assumed the throne five days later with the death of King Adney. Ivan became suspicious of recent actions and went to the church clergy to tell of this harrowing event. The church and some of the population began to dissent the sudden death of Pero and Acia Adney. Under increasing pressure, David and his supporters attempted to kill Ivan and the dissenters. Luckily, Ivan and some of his followers escaped north. Ivan sent a letter to King Menoza II (who became king in 1585) annoucing his support to the Jariah Empire and his brother's proclamation of the independent Adnese Empire.

King David Adney II began to train his first militias. But, in a couple months, King Menoza II sent a fleet of Frigates and troops to the new settlement of Advin. Ivan and Jariah declared war on Adney and the First Adney War begun in 1589.

Several soldiers reached the shores of the new world in October 1589. As Ivan prepped the attack, a big storm came and sunk nearly all of Jariah's ships.

Ivan used the remaining ships and launched a surprise night attack in January 1590. But thanks to the vigilant Adnese militia, the attack failed. In the spring, David used his small navy to set up a blockade of the Advin settlement. With barely any resources left, an angry Ivan met with King David Adney II and discussed terms for his surrender in 1591. David gained full control over the Adney Strait and limited Ivan's settlement to  his island.

But, Ivan sent an envoy to another empire he knew back in the old world: the Mizo Empire. Ivan's goal was to attract the King to begin colonizing this new region and eventually ally with him to destroy the Adnese Empire. He promised the king new treasure and resources, and a chance of trade and global domination. He warned that there could be potentail enemies and to send a militia to protect his empire's overseas intersts. His idea worked. In the coming years, the young astute general, Arturo Gavino, would establish the first Mizo colony in 1592.

Here is the region so far (Adney 1594)

Simpson

Hello my friend
Beautiful map région
Continue the bigining look interesting  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

rhythmandjays

Simpson: Thanks a lot  :thumbsup:

Gavino the Imperialist was revered and respected as the most skilled general of his time. Born in the Mizo Empire in 1572, Arturo Gavino was very interested in strategy and military tactics. His father enrolled him in the Ayes Academy, the most prestigious military academy in the empire. During one of his tests, he outsmarted the senior general and defeated him in a mock battle at the age of 12. He joined the military the next year and quickly promoted through the ranks. During the Mizo-Lei War (1586-1590), he and his batallion increased the size of the Mizo Empire by 30%. At the end of the war, Mizo emerged as a regional superpower.

In 1591, an envoy from one of Jariah's colonies was accepted. Interested in expanding Mizo's influence and power, the king once again summoned Arturo Gavino and ordered him to take a fleet of ships and settlers to the new world to establish a colony. The first Mizo settlement was established in 1592.

Gavino quickly set up a settlement and sent out some scouts to scan the area. Gavino decreed that all men join the military to ensure protection of Mizo's interests. Using the river as a guide, Gavino and the scouts met the Visig natives. Gavino personally befriended the natives. Gavino invited the Visig leader, Chief Susiga, to his settlement and attempted to explain to him why they came. Eventually, Chief Susiga shared the tribe's secrets with Arturo Gavino. Gavino even allied with the Visigs to take out rival tribes.

When the opportunity came up, Arturo attacked and ransacked Visig homelands. In only a matter of days, Gavino defeated and enslaved Visig in 1595. The settlement quickly grew in size between 1600 and 1603 thanks to agricultural secrets learned by the Visig natives. In 1611, King David Adney II met with Arturo the Imperialist for the first time. A peace treaty was signed, but both leaders knew that this peace would be short lived.

rhythmandjays

None...

Gavino sent a letter to the king of the current situation. He needed resources and people to expand and protect Mizo's interests. A naval fort was built to protect from a possible Adnese naval attack or blockade. Thanks to the extra resources and the assimilation of the Visig Natives, Arturo quickly gained control of more land and established two more settlements. He had constant scouts and sentry units patrolling the borders. He continued to map out the west.

Naval Fort

To gain dominance of the seas, Arturo also began to build a navy in 1614. Thanks to Ivan Adney, Arturo was able to get a map of Adney's settlements. The meetings between him and King Adney II became more sparce and with each meeting, King Adney II seemed to be colder and colder toward him. It was now time to prepare the attack.

Arturo had three parts to his future military campaign. First he was going to send a naval blockade of the Mizo Strait to prevent trade between the Adnese capital and their outpust: Jariah.

The second part of the attack was to transport batallions to the southern part of the island and set up a temporary outpust.

The third part of the attack was to lead the attack on Jariah and soon after that order the attack on Topaz to gain the valuable mines. Gavino the Imperialist was again ready to fight and expand the mighty Mizo Empire. He declared war on the Adnese Empire in 1621.

The Arturo Navy quickly set sail to attack the Adnese capital, but the navy was in for a surprise. The Adnese Navy was already in formation and blockaded their own port. During this long four hour battle, cannon fire dominated the Adney Strait for four hours. Though cunning, the Adnese Navy narrowly pulled out a victory when the Arturo Navy began to retreat with their remaining navy. On this day, Adney lost 7 ships while Arturo lost 23 ships.

A couple days later, Arturo went out with a small naval formation to the southern isle of the Adnese Empire. Shockingly, there were several land batallions waiting for this attack. The navy engaged in battle with the batallions and they attempted to  unload their units. Arturo made an impulsive decision and also sent 2 ships full of troops to the east coast of the island. Arturo was successful, but his southern attack was stalled and rebuffed.

After Arturo returned to Gavino, he and some batallions went on the attack toward Jariah City, but a long and protracted battle would ensue (started April 1622). Both sides proceeded with tenacity because of the thick brush and trees that lay between the opposing militias. To make things worse, both sides would suffer from an overactive rainy season.

In February 1623, Arturo ordered the attack on Topaz Town, but when the militia got there were no people; there was nobody there. The acting commander sent an envoy back to Arturo, but he was ambushed by the Adnese military. As he died he noticed a large navy moving west. Gavino and Mizo's interests was in trouble. By surprise, the Adnese navy attacked Arturo's main town. Luckily, the heavily fortified naval fortress slowed the advancing Adnese Navy.

Arturo the Imperialist ran back to rebuff the attack, but he died while traveling back. When crossing a clearing in the forest, three bullets went through his head, chest, and his horse. Luckily, the naval attack was rebuffed. Mizo's colonies were on the verge of losing their only connection to the sea. Internal pressure also threatened stability. Since Arturo's position can only be appointed by the king overseas, a new emergency council was created. They quickly sent the grave news back to the king.

Meanwhile, King David Adney II died on April 1623 from a coup attempt from his younger brother Ivan. Distracted by the war with Arturo, Ivan carried out a stealth campaign to assassinate his older brother. With most of Adney's military and navy gone, Ivan and his supporters ransacked the cathedral where Ivan stabbed King David Adney II.  As David Adney breathed his last breaths, Ivan said these words to him. "Brother, you have divided this family many years ago and I never have forgiven you for that. How could you be so heartless toward your family. I just pray you survive God's judgment."

Ivan Adney brokered peace between the warring empires on June 1623. The church proclaimed Ivan the new king of the Adnese Empire, but Ivan declined. He could not sit on the tarnished throne of the corrupt Adnese Empire. Instead, he put his brother's son Belmont on the throne. Ivan died of natural causes on January 1626.

Growth and prosperity continued to be a part of the new world.

Here is the region in 1624.

jjune4991

yay! fighting for whats ours. or what should be ours. and ouch...no comments before...sorry about that.

klaascornelis

Is it just me or does everyone has an Anno 1602 flashback?

Simpson

Hello my friend,
This is beautiful update here continu
And the map region is wow  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura