• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kingdom of Movia and the Crown Dependency of Savoy // Nov 7, 2008 - Teaser

Started by CarmineHilton, April 25, 2008, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarmineHilton

After 12 pages and 3000 views on Simtropolis, the Movian Empire now get's it own spot at SC4 Devotion as an MD.
I decided to do this since I want my country's popularity to grow and make it one of the most prestigious monarchies of Simcity! héhé ;D

Best wishes and I hope you will enjoy your time spend here!! :)

With the first settlement founded around the year 200 B.C, this country has a rich past. Several wars and alliances made the country to what it is today, A glorious Monarchy on Atlantica Alba!
Wait a minute? A monarchy called: The Movian Empire, isn't that an error? No it isn't! After the fall of the Great Movian Empire in 1358, the area was claimed and founded as a kingdom under the same name.

This Empire consists out of three different communities: the English, French and Northern community. That last one is located in between Royal Cytheria and Perseus. Formerly the area was much bigger but Perseus claimed most of the land in the Meninslavian War. The other two communities are located on the south-western part of Atlantica Alba and share borders with Calderwood, Demetae and Bernicia.

Currently, this monarchy counts more than 3.000.000 inhabitants and with a GDP $478.32 billion it is a very rich and prestigious nation. It is also a full member state of the SimCity Journal Union!

Full Name: The Movian Empire; L'Empire Movian
Capital: New Hélia
Government Type: Parliamentary Monarchy
His Royal Highness: King Nicholas II
Prime Minister: Barron Lièbart
Official Language: English and French
Currency: Unio -Û-

It's south-western location on the island of Atlantica Alba allow this country to receive warm Mediterranean temperatures.
Here's a small map to show you it's exact location on the island:

And these are the official Coat of Arms and Flag of The Movian Empire:

All update that have a star behind their name will link to Simtropolis.

I: Introduction
II: Laenani Island *
III: A Simlympic Bid *
IV: Amicitia *
V: USC Report MO'07 *
VI: Gallo Boulevard *
VIII: Stadium Complex *
IIX: Christmas Special *
IX: Sinalgo Lane *
X: Aurum *
XI: Dinkins Harbor Living *
XII: SoC Observation Deck *
XIII: USC Report MM'08 *
XIV: Cité d'Épinay *
XV: Random Eyecandy
XVI: Near the Canal
XVII: Going Once, Going Twice, SOLD! *
XIIX: Épinay Fashion Week
XIX: Asmara City - Part I
XX: Asmara City - Part II
XXI: Asmara City - Part III

Special I: Unity Day (Feb '08)
Special II: Union Day (July '08)

That's about it for the opening of my MD here at SC4D. I hope you've enjoyed it so far and I would really appreciate any comments and hopefully your return for the next update... ;)
See you then! Carmine.

smarty218

Hi there! Great to see this wonderful MD on SC4D as well! Now I can follow it from the start again!  ;)

CarmineHilton

With just only one reply (thx Smarty!!) on the introduction update, I feel that you guys need a little push to see what I've done before :p
That's why I'm now giving you a compilation update with some of the best pictures that have been posted in my CJ on Simtropolis! :)

Update 4: Amicitia

Update 6: Gallo Boulevard

Update 7: Stadium Complex

Update 9: Sinalgo Lane

Update 10: Aurum

Update 11: Dinkins Harbor Living

Update 12: Statue of Christ - Observation Deck

Update 14: Cité d'Épinay

Voilà... I really hope you like it ;) A new update will come soon!!
See you then! Carmine. x

paroch

Nice mix of pictures there Carmine, well done.  It'll be interesting to see this grow here at SC4D.

One question..... in the first mosaic, what sport is played on the middle pitch?  Is this some Movian speciality sport?

All the best,

Paul

bat

That's a wonderful start here of your MD! And also fantastic first update here at this site! Great pictures!!

Looking forward to the next...

Pytkowski

Great pic. I thing the best is the last withe church and train station , it is soooo realistic
Well done ;)

CabraBuitre

Looks great Carmine!  Can't wait to see more!!

Check out Abelfarei!

kbieniu7

Great. The church and this hill with the cross are the best.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

TopCliff

This is great! Now I'm able to comment on your extreme awesomeness in SC4 here! Looks great, everything is great. Just curious, but how did such a large cruiseliner get under that bridge? :P
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Pat

Looking good Carmine and I cant wait to see how this furthers out here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CarmineHilton

Hii Peepz! Ready for a new update?
I'm giving you some random eyecandy from the cities Malum and Épinay ;) Enjoy!! =)

» CFS really is my favorite fashion store! They really have everything =O
Of course Movia's Broadcasting Corp. has the most beautiful building. I really love that skyscraper!

» Avenue de Genleau with Tour Elzas, the most hated building in Épinay.

paroch: Thank you! I'm glad you like it. And yes, that is a mix of football and soccer ;) (Movian speciality xD)
bat: Well thx bat! I hope you like this update just as much =D
Pytkowski: Yeah I know... It's party because of the great textures the BAT has :) Loves it!
CabraBruitre: Héhé, well >> Here is more! Hope you like it!!
kbieniu7: The hill with the Statue of Christ? An SCJU Wonder gotta look fabulous xD
TopCliff: Thx for the comment and uhm, that cruisliner didn't go under the bridge since the top part is an island. >> It went around it ;)
Pat: I hope you like how this is turning out :) thx xx

Next up will be something, eh... I dunno =P You'll have to wait & see ;)
See you soon! Carmine.

CabraBuitre

Absolutely I like it... I especially like the wide avenue!

Check out Abelfarei!

bat

Yes, I also like it as much as the other update! Great night and day shots! :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

I prefer cities with less skyscrapers. But that avenue with park between roads is great.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simpson

Your city is magnifical you are really good
Continue  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

rooker1

Very nice MD you have here.  You definately have some very nice pics.  I hope to see you enter a few of them in the SC4 Picture Contest.  I esspecially like your last update.  The park in between the two one way roads is perfectly done.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

CarmineHilton

Back again with a new update!!
It's a bit petit today, but I'll make that up by adding an announcement... Is that OK? héhé

So, onto the update: A suburb located near the canal... ;)

» This canal actually is a part of the canal you've seen in Épinay. It runs all the way to the western port area near New Hélia,
   passing the suburbs in between. Not many ships sail on it these days though... It has become a peace of beauty now ;)

As said above, I also have a small announcement to make.
Épinay is know worldwide for it's great boutiques and fashion designers, so what do they need?

It's a FASHION WEEK, baby! =P

» More on this will come really soon! ;)

CabraBuitre: The one in Épinay? Yeah, everybody seems to like that one :P haha! Thx ;)
bat: Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
kbieniu7: Well, this update certainly didn't have any of them =P
Simpson: I sure will continue! And trust me, it will even get BETTER!
rooker1: Mhh, I already entered in the SC4 Picture Contest a few times but I've never won... Maybe I'll try again soon!
              Anyway » thanks for those kind words. :)

I don't really know yet what the next update will be and when I'll do it xD You'll just have to look out for it ;)
See you then! Carmine.

Fatsuhono

That is beautiful layout! I love the banner!

superhands

great graphical presentation 10/10 :thumbsup:
dave

M4346

You know I've always loved your work Carmine, and this is no exception. I love what you've done with Movia and am always amazed by the detail and crispness of your images! It's absolutely beautiful and yes, I do lurk here and take it all in too often!

Thank you for sharing, and please do not put this on the back-burner anytime soon! It continues to be a major inspiration!

Regards,

Marius
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine