• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jen's random cities....

Started by jen_p, January 25, 2007, 03:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jen_p

Aside from the Shosaloza region, I always have several regions on the go. I get distracted and change my mind a lot. One day I might be playing a European-styled region, the next day a tropical region. So here's where I will post pictures from my cities. To start off, here's part of Ventura's downtown and some suburban areas:

Grrr! There were two other pics here but image shack lost them and I can't find them either.

My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

Glenni

That looks quite cool , jen! i like the downtown and the residential areas :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bat

wonderful pictures! Great "sunken" railway!

nedalezz

I NEED those suburban houses. Fantastic pics, I especially like the first one, very true to life. This is going to be a great collection of pics.

dedgren

Jen- It's always great to wake up to something tasty, and your pics this morning were a real treat.

Looking forward to a great "random" Mayor's Diary.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

NikNik

Great stuff Jen_P. A lot of custom stuff also.
Very nice diagonal rail road layout. No nasty triangulars here.

I noticed in the upper left corner of the second picture a very nice lot:

Nice dirt road that I guess is part of the lot or bat or whatever the thing is called.
I am afraid it is your own doing and not available for mere mortals like myself?
I guess those great homes on the third picture are Cycledoggs...So also not yet available?

Nik-Nik

jen_p

nedalezz and nik-nik, the houses that you are referring to are CP's fantastic houses, which are still in the testing stages. I'm glad you like my city so far.

emilin

Hi there!

I am a huge fan of your work. I haven't seen you build before, but I love your BAT:s. The Art Deco houses are going to appear frequently over in my MD. Actually, much of the architectural feeling I'm looking for is defined somewhere in the middle of yours and Debussymans BAT:s. 

It's a real treat to see your work in action. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Serkanner

Jen apparently not only makes exquisite custom content but also knows how to incorporate it into a great looking city ...  :thumbsup:  ... a diary well worth following.

NikNik

Quote from: jen_p on January 25, 2007, 02:20:50 PM
nedalezz and nik-nik, the houses that you are referring to are CP's fantastic houses, which are still in the testing stages. I'm glad you like my city so far.

I knew it! I just knew it!
Wait....., wait........., wait.......................,wait.....................................,wait a bit more................................, waiting.................................................................yep, still waiting.............................................................. waihaiting (yawn was creeping up on me)................................Looking forward to waiting for these great houses.

Nik-Nik

sebes

Fabulous cities again Jen. And indeed, as the man above said: the CP houses are fantastic and you them right in your pictures.  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jen_p

Thanks for everyone's comments. This is just a quick post, 'cause it's getting late here.

I've started working on a new region. Most of my other regions are at least 6 months old and my attention span is not that long.

This region is called Summerhayes. It is generally flat with a river running through, and some gentle hills. I'll post a region shot when it looks a bit tidier. At the moment it is messy, little bits of city all over the place. The first city I started is Eastridge, a residential city to the east of what will be Downtown.

mattb325

I love this American inspired city. I always admire how you can chop and change play styles so easily; it's always a pleasure to view!

emilin

Ooooooooooooooohhh... those lots are so cool. I want them so bad. &apls &apls &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Frankie

Very Creative  ;D especially the teepeed tree :P

Alfred.Jones

:o Your very talented Jen :thumbsup: Keep it up :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

jen_p

Thanks for all the comments.

Here's a couple of pictures, from North Hayes, north of the CBD.

Firstly, here's a low wealth area:

The centre of the industrial sector:

NikNik

ooh Mistress stop teasing me with those cycledogg homes. They are so great!

Very nice industrial area. I like the use of Marrast's station there. Difficult to breathe there. The Global warming discussion has not reached your CJ jet   ;) LOL
I also like that low wealth area. Glory gone past that neighbourhood I guess.
Can you give me a sneak peak on the area between the appartment buildings. I just wonder what you plop there.

Nik-Nik

bat

Wonderful pictures! I like your centre of the industrial sector! :thumbsup:

Rayden

Nice work Jen, the ind area it's great and well planned. :)