• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BigBerta - Pictures

Started by bigberta, May 27, 2007, 09:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigberta

Hello all!
Because of the great response I got after entering a picture in the picture competiton I thought Id show you some more of my creations.
I have had a cj running over at ST for a while now, but since I feel that this community is more closely knit Im thinking of focusing my attention on this md instead.
Dont be afraid to let me know what you think.

The following update is focused on a scandinavian city known as Gusto. The pictures are mainly of the older parts of the city and some suburbs. Many of these pictures can be seen on ST or in the the picture competition, but some are brand new.
Some of the pictures may have a limited amount of traffic, this is due to plopping. But in future updates this will be less of a problem. I actually have a healthy population now :)
Enjoy!

Older parts:

Eastern part of the Old town on a sunny day

Old town waterfront

A not so busy town square :)

More waterfront property

The oldest part of the city, where development started

Residential diamante, the contrast between old and new

The area around the old train station

Suburbs:

Typical apartment complex (Picture competition Hall of fame ;) )

The suburban area just around the sports centre (will be covered in a future update)

Modern apartments and older boxes full of people

Older suburbs. Its busy i know, but I like color :)

Apartment complex and typical suburban houses

Ok, thats it for this time, hope you enjoyed it.
The next update will be centered on the sports center or some commercial districts, maybe both :)

TheTeaCat

Some really nice pics there  :thumbsup: Lively, colourful and nice detailing too &apls &apls
Looking forwad to more :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kwakelaar

These are some splendid looking images, both the w2w areas and the suburbs are looking very nice.
Great combination of bats and Maxis buildings

dedgren

Wow!  That is one fine set of pics, bigberta.  Thanks so much for coming on over here and sharing them with us.  Judging from what I see here, the buzz from the pic competition won't be stopping anytime soon.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

bigberta, I'm really glad to see you've decided to start an MD here. :thumbsup:  These are some absolutely fantastic pics.  Gusto has a really nice feel to it, and I particularly like your use of the retaining and sea walls.  I also have to concur with TTC--the colors really "pop".

Looking forward to seeing more!

-Alex

thundercrack83

From the looks of it, all your pictures are worthy of the Hall of Fame, bigberta! I love all the colors! Great start here so far, I can't wait to see more!

Snaper

It is very beautiful, very beautiful mixture of style  :thumbsup:

But it a little too much is plop, there is only that ...

Other than, there are many details, it's beautiful  :thumbsup:

emilin

It's just like looking out the window! ;D Good stuff. :thumbsup:

The w2w action in the very first picture is extremly realistic. It looks exactly like the real thing.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metasmurf

As i´m from Sweden myself, I can tell the rest of you that this is very realistic ;) Nice use of cycleways. The mixture between apartments and small houses is great. Keep it up. Just make sure to mix some really dirty 60´s office buildings with thouse old w2w buildings ;)

bat

Wonderful start, bigberta! Also fantastic pictures and great work! :thumbsup:

bigberta

Hello everyone!

I thought Id just drop by and reply to all the nice people who have commented my pictures.
Dont worry, a proper update is in the making ;)

Replies:

TheTeaCat - Hey, thanks for the applause :)

kwakelaar - Thanks alot

dedgren - Thank you for your nice comments. Im happy to give something to this community.

Tarkus - Those are som really nice words :) its much appreciated.

thundercrack83 -Thanks :) I wouldnt say all of them, but i hope maybe some are ;)

Snaper - Thanks. I felt it was necessary to plop to recreate that true w2w-feeling.

emilin - Tack! Really kind words from what seems too be a really kind person :)

metasmurf - Tack igen :) Thats great input. Im looking for some realistic office buildings in true scandinavian style.

bat - Thanks, stay tuned for more ;)

Oh and one more thing, Heja Sverige!  ;D

FromTheAshes

Very "clean" work. (In Germany we'd say "saubere Arbeit!")
I like it alot!
Visit Vorsfelde.

Vario80

Nice work, the W2W buildings definately fit into the city and the water sourrounding it reminds a bit on a mixture of Stockholm and Amsterdam.  :thumbsup:
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

tcx

Hi, very nice pictures of this city!!
&apls

It's nice to see one of my BAT's there :D I don't see them very often in CJ's or MD's

Yoder7652

such a great collection of photos....I love it!

sebes

A great showcase Bigberta!

I love that your building style is truely pan-european... The photos show a Dutch atmosphere, but at the same time German, French, Nordic even a bit mediteranean, and that mixed in modern and old... Real pieces of art here.

(the one with the yellow flats is absolutely my favo :thumbsup:)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MsD

Stunning work!!! &apls

I would recommend this MD to all.  :satisfied:

I love the waterfront area.  Makes me fell like going for a stroll.  LOL  I hope my MD looks this good.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

glepet

Good stuff Bigberta!  &apls Your cities feel is "homey", comfortable. Looking forward to more.

szarkoz

Wonderful work BigBerta!

W2W areas are built in one style and that makes them not only realistic but eye-pleasing. However, what I like the most are the suburbs. I love how you matched typical european apartment blocks with bike paths. Everything is so clean and logical.

You just made me open SC4 and start building :thumbsup:

Take care,
szarkoz
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

Ennedi

You like colors - so do I. Beautiful pictures!  :sunny:

Great use of cycleways, also the street side mod with colourful cars looks very well with these buildings.

There is much space for peple here - good to live in such place.

Heja Sverige! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine