• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FJORDS REGION - Update 19.06

Started by Danthe, May 15, 2007, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthe

Hello,

I have present my region. He is called Fjords, maps created @briolab. I love scandinavian shores, mountains, klifs, bays, slopes and... fiords  ;D
I'm bad in english, unfortunately. Still I read tolerable, but I write very poor. Forgive me, if my posts and answers will be including errors in future.

Danthe

REGION MAP

(Update 1) I. REGION HISTORY

(Update 2) II. ORT

(Update 3) III. AAST & TRAGER

guurgkud

Amazing region :)
Looking forward to this cj!  :thumbsup: Good luck!!
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

Yoder7652

nice looking map...hills can be fun!

Mulefisk

That's a great map you have there.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

If you need any pictures of Norway, feel free to ask.

thundercrack83

The map looks great, Danthe! I look forward to seeing how you develop it!

Danthe

Replies:
@guurgkud: thanks for yours first comment  :)
@yoder7652: thanks
@Mulefisk: thanks. If I will need picture from Norway, I will appreciate for your help.
Now, I look for a picture of small, stone island in the mouth of fiord :) I find a few, but not satisfied me  $%Grinno$%
@thundercrack83: thanks. Today and tomorrow will be a first update, I think ;)

Mulefisk

Quote from: Danthe on May 16, 2007, 02:29:35 AM

@Mulefisk: thanks. If I will need picture from Norway, I will appreciate for your help.
Now, I look for a picture of small, stone island in the mouth of fiord :) I find a few, but not satisfied me  $%Grinno$%

Here you go

bat

That's a wonderful region! Looking forward for the first update! :thumbsup:

Danthe

I. REGION HISTORY

FJORDS - this is wild and virgin land. Here are granite klifs of The Grand Fjord (1), pine forest (2) and pure rivers. Silence and calm.
On XI c., on one of the smallest island in the mouth of The Grand Fjord, prince Hagar the Strong built mighty and inaccessible stronghold (3/4). That stronghold secured reign on the shores and protected access into the heart of the country. Around the stronghold, colonization developed very quickly. To nowaday, some buildings kept of past years: St. Nicholas Church from ORT (5), St. Bartholomew's Church from AAST (6) and The Holy Trinity Church from HEIM (7). Soon afterwards, construction of the new castle started on the right shore of Sund Fjord. Fragments of walls and St. Bernard's Church remained to this day (8 ). On XVI c. SUND became the Capital of Fjord State. The then master, prince Hagar III, founded the huge St. Joseph's Cathedral (9).
Period of rise and splendor begin.

PICTURES

To be continued...

thundercrack83

Beautiful pictures, Danthe. I love the fortress on the island, and the churches look great magnificent, too. Also, I enjoyed reading the history! Keep up the good work, my friend! I'll be looking forward to the next update.

bat

That are beautiful pictures! :thumbsup: I like the island and the churches!! Also Looking forward to the next update!

emilin

The work on that small island with the old castle is stunning! Great job! &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Flipside

That is beautiful - amazing stuff. I love the style of this MD. You must collect a whole lot of different churches - and I loved Hagar's Stronghold.

I will be back for more - keep it up.  ;D

Danthe

Replies:
@thundercrack83: thanks, my friend.
@bat: thanks for yours comments.
@emilin: thanks.
@Flipside: I have much churches lots. In future, I will show rest  ;)

And now... new update.

II. ORT

ORT is small village placed in the right shore of The Grand Fjord. ORT was estabilished in end of XI c., today living on 683 inhabitants.

urban

This is very nice, everything is very realistic and looks so quiet and peaceful :thumbsup:

can you tell me, where you found those houses, that you use? That would be great :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

vester

Great work, Danthe.

Quote from: urban on May 20, 2007, 08:59:59 AM
can you tell me, where you found those houses, that you use? That would be great :)

Anyone in particular ?

A lot of them can be found at the sc4d LEX.

socomseal45

great pics Danthe, nice use of the dirt roads as well  :thumbsup:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

thundercrack83

More beautiful work, I love that picture of the bridge, it's gorgeous! All of Ort looks fantastic! Keep up the good work, my friend!

Glenni

So which of the Scandinavian countries is this based off, then? :P

kwakelaar

This is nicely presented, some good looking maps and pictures. I like the way you have edited your images.
The cities so far are well made with good eye for what fit together.