• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Why are my sims walking everywhere?

Started by Temphage, January 22, 2012, 02:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Temphage

Here's the dilemma I have...

http://i.imgur.com/71o87.jpg

I have a bit of an employment problem down in my residential area, and I built this snazzy neat new freeway to connect them to their jobs up north in an industrial area. There's no connection problems with the freeway itself. The problem is nobody drives anywhere, at all. Everyone is walking. If I connect a road directly to the industrial area, people walk the four miles to get to work. No vehicle traffic whatsoever. I checked inside the town itself, and it's the same story - zero cars, 100% pedestrian traffic to get around, on every road I checked.

Here's my NAM controller settings.

http://i.imgur.com/2a6oA.png

What the hell, did I found a city of amish?

catty

Quote from: Temphage on January 22, 2012, 02:13:45 AM
...What the hell, did I found a city of amish?

Not quite, but you did select "Park and Ride" in your "NAM Controller Settings", which means exactly what it says your sims will park their vehicles and ride public transport ... no public transport they will walk everywhere

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Temphage

Quote from: catty on January 22, 2012, 03:17:02 AM
...What the hell, did I found a city of amish?

Not quite, but you did select "Park and Ride" in your "NAM Controller Settings", which means exactly what it says your sims will park their vehicles and ride public transport ... no public transport they will walk everywhere

:)

Blimey, that did it. Maybe it should be more clear, like change that setting to "Hitler manages your traffic system and oh by the way he's' been stuck in traffic for the last two hours". Seems a little odd that banning all car traffic for always and forever is what that would do. I figured it would let people drive to the bus stop, but assumed that it was smart enough to still prioritize whether driving to work or walking twelve miles along a busy six-lane freeway was the best choice. Thanks :)

Completely unrelated, but I've seen some people with NAM texture sets that have signs over the freeways, white caution lines on the slipway dividers, lamp posts, etc... the search terms to find these things are pretty ambiguous, could you help me out? I'd feel like a ponce making a new thread for this.

Cheers.

Rady

Completely unrelated, but I've seen some people with NAM texture sets that have signs over the freeways, white caution lines on the slipway dividers, lamp posts, etc... the search terms to find these things are pretty ambiguous, could you help me out? I'd feel like a ponce making a new thread for this.

Most lilely you are talking about the TULEPs (Turning Lane Extension Puzzle Pieces) extensions and the NAM cosmetic puzzle pieces. I think both of them /TULEPs for sure, don't knoe for the cosmetic puzzle pieces) are an option when installing the NAM.

Road / highway signs can be found in several variations on the LEX.

In addition, you might just have seen a personal mod.

Best thing is to post a screenshot of what you are looking for, so we can offer more detailed help!  :thumbsup:

If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps