• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW-8 90-degree curve problems

Started by SeanSC4, January 14, 2010, 10:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanSC4

Could someone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong? I'm able to do the following without issue:
     /
---/  45 degree curve and diagonals

/---
--/     45 degree curve follwed by a 45 degree curve back to the original direction

I'm having issues with the following:
        |
       /
----/  A full 90 degree curve (ie 2 45 degree curves)

I'm stumped at this point. It almost seems like the RHW set is missing 2 types of curves for the RHW-8 set to allow one to complete a 90 degree curve.

Any ideas?

Tarkus

Quote from: SeanSC4 on January 14, 2010, 10:13:34 AM
I'm stumped at this point. It almost seems like the RHW set is missing 2 types of curves for the RHW-8 set to allow one to complete a 90 degree curve.

It is.  There's no way to make a 90-degree RHW-8 curve, as explained in the RHW FAQ in the main RHW thread.  This will be rectified in a future release.

-Alex

SeanSC4

Ack! My apologies for the question since it's covered quite clearly in the FAQ.

emgmod

I do believe that someone found a workaround that involves diagonal one-way road stubs. I forgot where that tutorial was located.

Rady

I think you're looking for this:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5548.0

Actually I never managed to follow that tutorial   ??? - it never turned out the way shown in the tutorial  ()what()

So I followed this one:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5612.0 - just scroll down to the 6th video ... the result has a minor graphical bug, but it works.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

emgmod

Video 6 is the one I'm talking about. If you don't mind the graphical glitch and the one section with reduced capacity, it works.