• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM 2.1.0 Uploaded and ready

Started by InvisiChem, January 28, 2016, 02:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombardiere

Quote from: InvisiChem on April 09, 2016, 09:55:45 PM

Work on this version has given me some cool ideas on an Industrial Overhaul plugin for the CAM. Don't have a lot of details yet, but the most significant impact should be on the Farming communities. Instead of working with the broken IR System that is in place, shifting to a new zone and developer should be pretty smooth. More to come once I really start modding it. This requires a shout out to Twrecks and his Industrial Revolution Mod for the starter points on this idea. I just hope I can take the idea and revolutionize it.

This sounds interesting. :) Twreck had a great idea with his mod. I don't use his mod as such as I generally block all Maxis buildings, including industries, but I like the principle he created. Medium zoning for dirty industry and High zoning for the clean industry. And Manufacture industry between those two.

I have always hated when my nice high tech industry enclave was killed by one suddenly appearing dirty smokestack.

I wish the industry zoning could be divided into dirty and clean, which both would have light and heavy option. So that there would be 5 zone for industry. Agriculture, Dirty Light,  Dirty Heavy, CLean Light and Clean Heavy.

InvisiChem

I attempted to create a new developer exemplar type deriving from the current developer types. Got some great CTD's from it.  :angrymore:

Perhaps in the future I can figure that out, but for now I have to work with what we have got.  :popcorn:
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

WaffeSS

Any tip for Fix my error.

Game Version: SimCity 4 Deluxe Ed. GOG
MOD Ver: Colossus Addon Mod 2.1.0 (7A9F628FA81F720137A62CB6CFF4CF83)

LOG File
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2814, in ?
pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'O sistema n\xe3o pode encontrar o arquivo especificado.')

Edit: Problem FIXED (Installed old version of .NET Framework 1.1)

arne123

Just tried to install CAM 2.1.0 and it said "datpacker was unable to update simcity_1.dat" or something like that, so I canceled the installation.

Windows 10
SC4 Deluxe via Steam

InvisiChem

I truly apologize for the failure. I am working diligently to solve this issue once and for all. :)

This error states it was unable to patch the SimCity_1.dat file through a failure with SC4 Dat Packer. I have to look through the installer code again to remember if the Patch file is still installed when this happens or if I need to get you the Patch file separately. For the moment, I have to go to work, so tonight when I get home I'll check that real quick and shoot you a reply on how to get this installed properly.

InvisiChem

Wow, looking back at the script, I actually did a pretty good job with possible failures. I think I missed the delete of the SimCity_1 folder in plugins, but that will be okay.

Here goes, rerun the installer. If you get the failed message again, click yes to continue. A message box will popup and tell you to manually merge the SimCity_1.dat file. Click OK and continue the install to the end.

Once complete, download and install SC4 Dat Packer http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=26. Next,copy your SimCity_1.dat file from the Program Files location to "\Documents\SimCity 4\Original Maxis Files" and another copy to "\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity_1" Run SC4 Dat Packer and select the SimCity_1 entry. Click start, let it do its thing, click close then exit. Next, go to the "\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Plugins Compressed" folder and copy the SimCity_1.dat file to the original location in Program Files. If asked to overwrite, select yes. A backup has already been made. After this, delete the "\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity_1" folder and Plugins Compressed folder.

Thats it, all done.

arne123

This may be a dumb question but... I don't have a SimCity_1.dat in my Program Files, I'm guessing because it's installed through steam? Will the same instructions work using the SimCity_1.dat from steam\steamapps\common\simcity 4 deluxe ?

InvisiChem

That is the one. The Steam folder should be in your Program Files folder, "Program Files (x86)" if running a 64 bit architecture. The only reason I don't give an exact location for the SimCity_1.dat file is steam installs to that location, the discs install to "Program Files (x86)\SimCity 4 Deluxe", Origin installs to it's own games directory and users can change the install directory as well.

arne123

I followed your instructions and as far as I can tell it's working now. Thank you for your help. :)

Teddy

Quote from: InvisiChem on April 16, 2016, 12:15:23 AM
Wow, looking back at the script, I actually did a pretty good job with possible failures. I think I missed the delete of the SimCity_1 folder in plugins, but that will be okay.

Here goes, rerun the installer. If you get the failed message again, click yes to continue. A message box will popup and tell you to manually merge the SimCity_1.dat file. Click OK and continue the install to the end.

Once complete, download and install SC4 Dat Packer http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=26. Next,copy your SimCity_1.dat file from the Program Files location to "\Documents\SimCity 4\Original Maxis Files" and another copy to "\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity_1" Run SC4 Dat Packer and select the SimCity_1 entry. Click start, let it do its thing, click close then exit. Next, go to the "\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Plugins Compressed" folder and copy the SimCity_1.dat file to the original location in Program Files. If asked to overwrite, select yes. A backup has already been made. After this, delete the "\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\SimCity_1" folder and Plugins Compressed folder.

Thats it, all done.

Will this work if you had a DLL failure? There was another procedure a few pages back telling you to do this via the mac version or something?

EDITED TO ADD
I followed the above instructions (as opposed to the earlier post) and everything seemed to work.

InvisiChem

A quick way to check is to install the Central Repository Facility http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1831. Plop the Vault or facility and query it. If IR is calculated in the regional values, then it is installed correctly.

Coming up soon I will have the patch in a single file, no programs. Same with the next CAM release. Building the installers for these right now in fact. The difficulties are soon gone.

Ocram

My final exams are next week but I really look forward to playing SimCity 4 again. Where can I find good city journals with good use of the CAM? I'm interested in all occupant types from agriculture & shops & houses to giant factories & skyscrapers.

Also, how do I install it on the Steam version? I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 if that matters.
If you always do YOUR best you will always be better than the best.

Can't think of anything better for a sig.

InvisiChem

After using several different versions now, I would suggest installing the GOG Version. No DRM, plus it has most of the settings needed in the shortcut already for you, the updated Gragphics.sgr file, etc.

If you wish to stick with steam, download the steam client to your computer, install it. Then, purchase the game through the client. When I had installed the steam version for me, it allowed me to enter my CD ROM Key and accepted it. Anyways, click download through the client and it will install it for you. You'll just have to set up the CPU Priority, Custom Resolution commands and any other command line options manually through the Steam Client.

As for City Journals/Mayor Diaries, check out the ones here at SC4Devotion. A lot are using CAM, but the CAM is not noticeable really by sight. It changes the rate of growth to more realistic. You'll really know it while you are playing the game. Growth rate will be a lot slower, but much more satisfying once you get to the higher stages. It does not stagnate like the vanilla game. All mayor diaries should work for you, as well as YouTube, etc.

Custom content will work just by properly installing it, so be sure to read the readme's and build slowly and methodically. Everything will be awesome. You could even start your own Mayor Diary or City Journal to showcase the new CAM. :)

Ocram

Sorry, I must have been unclear. CAM refuses to install. I have SimCity 4 from Steam. It's fully patched but because it is from Steam, I presume DATPacker doesn't know where to look. Either that or I'm missing some piece of software like a DLL.
If you always do YOUR best you will always be better than the best.

Can't think of anything better for a sig.

InvisiChem

On newer systems, sometimes the system has problems finding the VC++ dll files when installed with the program in a temporary directory created during install.

At the beginning of this thread is several methods for the manual install of CAM. Although you would have to install SC4 Dat Packer yourself, this should solve the problem of it running. Then utilizing the MAC download, you can manually install the CAM.

Once I get back from training, I'm going to learn how to upload the already patched file to the LEX, so this problem will be solved shortly. All the patch does at this point is add IR to the regional industrial counts and give IR CAP relief through industrial connections. No harm will come to your game for the short amount of time we are looking at. I'll try to upload it to ModDB tonight. Maybe that will ease some issues until I can learn to upload large files here.

Bojci43

Hello

Have a problem with installing this new CAM.
During the installation DATPACKER doesnt work, so i have to merge the files manually.But I cant do that.
DATPACKER doesnt work on my system (WIN10, 64 bit), and the JADTPACKER  tells me every time the same problem.
This is it:  File C:\WINDOWS\Systems32\JDatPacker.properties cannot be accesed. You may want to check your directory permissions.

Can somebody help me?

brgds

InvisiChem

Bojci43, I am at training right now, but I'll help out as I can. I am awaiting approval over at ModDB for the patch file. Also, once I get back from training, I'm going to get it up here on the LEX. It's a big file, at almost 80MB, so there is a few workarounds we have to do to get it up here.

As soon as I get the approval, I'll give you a link to the complete Patch file. All you have to do is replace the SimCity_1.dat with this one. The installer can do it for you, or there is an extract only if you want to do it yourself.

As for the CAM, it will run fine without merging. The merger just allows IR to be calculated in the Regional Industrial Counts and causes industrial connections to include IR CAP Relief. The old CAM doubling problem has been fixed, mainly from the great work by Z and a few modifications of that fix by me for the updated system.

InvisiChem

Alright, it is up and awaiting approval from ModDB. http://www.moddb.com/mods/ir-fix-from-cam-vanilla-series. The next CAM installer will have this automatically in it. No more dat packing. For those having problems with the installer, this file will fix the problem completely.

Mandarin(a)

Bojci43

another question - after installing CAM 2.1 in all my cities IND demand is strange (i am playing extended version).
in all cities (if i have 5.000 residents or 80.000) is the same - enormous demand for Agricultural and Higt technology and non for Dirty and manufacturing.

i tried this also in a complete new citi, and i cant get no demands for dirty and manufacturing industry.

has anybody any tips?

brgds