• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4DatPacker Survey - Please read and post

Started by wouanagaine, February 18, 2007, 12:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabezscratch

Sorry -- I think that I posted the question above in the wrong thread.  I'll repost it in the main thread.

Masochist

Questions...okay...

Did you changed the default 'plugins_compressed' folder name ?
Yes...it's called "Compressed Plugins"

Do you understand the meaning of the checkboxes associated with each folder name  and when did you check them?
Yes, I think so.  All I know is that it worked when I checked them all, and one time when I forgot, it didn't make any compressions at all, so...

Do you understand the meaning of the 'force recompression' checkbox and did you ever use it?

I don't think I do, really.  Ahh...I tried it the first time (because I thought it would compress them even further), but when it got to my "CSX" folder, the entire application just disappeared, so I never did again

Do you play with compressed files only ? ( aside from the files in the root plugins or in the Maxis folder )
Not at all.
(Under Construction)

oldrogue

Lessee..

Didn't change the folders name.

Pretty much kind of maybe a little bit almost understand the checkboxes.

Like Masochist tried the forced compression box once....KABLOOIE... ;D

Do I play with compressed files only?    Isn't that a little personal?    :o
But yes.....

Thank you so very much for a wonderful tool.....does all it's supposed to and I can't really thank you enough.... :thumbsup:
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

wouanagaine

thanks for your time replying

I have made the V5 based on your replies

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

emilin

Did you changed the default 'plugins_compressed' folder name ?
No.

Do you understand the meaning of the checkboxes associated with each folder name  and when did you check them?
No.

Do you understand the meaning of the 'force recompression' checkbox and did you ever use it?
No.

Do you play with compressed files only ? ( aside from the files in the root plugins or in the Maxis folder )
No. I move things in and out all the time.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

SC4BOY

no.. not unless i archive it
yes, never
yes, never so far
normally, though not ABSOLUTELY always.. 99%