• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jondor

Speaking of additions:

Hopefully these should make it into the next NAM release.  ;D

Got a few more like them planned, if I have enough time to finish them.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Ramona Brie

What do the differences in dash length mean? And is the top piece some sort of ARD-3 connector?

jdenm8

Usually, the short dashes mean merging into that lane is still permissible, whereas when it's solid, you are not allowed to merge into that lane. Well, that's Queensland law anyway.

The 'top' piece you point out is not related to ARD-3 (though it probably could be used for that), but is for tight lane swaps. It cuts down a turn lane swap from 4 tiles to 1.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jondor

Quote from: Tracker on January 28, 2011, 05:48:22 AM
What do the differences in dash length mean? And is the top piece some sort of ARD-3 connector?

Yes, those heavy dashes still legally allow movement across them, but they warn that what was a travel lane is going to become a turn lane.
They would be used if say an ARD-3 ran into a TuLEP intersection, like so:

They might also be used if an ARD-3 was terminating as the dead-end leg of a T intersection.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Nego

The advanced TuLEPs are looking fantastic, jondor! &apls I really like the ones with the railroad crossing. Those will definitely be useful! :) And so will the other two pieces shown. I can't wait for you to figure out how you'll do the menu so you can get these released soon. :D Anyway, keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: Nego on January 28, 2011, 12:34:58 PM
The advanced TuLEPs are looking fantastic, jondor!

Actually, those are planned to be included in the "basic" set that is integrated into the NAM Core and have been placed into the existing TuLEPs TAB button.  You'll be seeing those in NAM Version 30.

And to answer the question about some of the "unfinished" pieces, here's a look at some of them.

Intersections for Road Type C with Avenues (Road Type C features three turn lanes--it's basically like Type A but with another lane to the right)

Intersections for Avenue Type C with Avenue Type A (Avenue Type C is like Avenue Type A but with a right turn lane).

An additional lane configuration for Road Type A.  While this piece is actually "done", the intersections required for it will end up using the existing textures, the IIDing, pathing and menu logistics still need to be worked out.

-Alex

noahclem

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: noahclem on January 28, 2011, 02:19:24 PM
That looks awesome Alex, great work!  &apls 

I'll say. These look great.

Hmm...

If "A" adds a dedicated left turn lane, "B" adds two left turn lanes, and "C" adds a left turn lane AND a right turn lane, then wouldn't there be a TuLEP with just the additional right turn lane and another that has two left turn lanes and a right turn lane?

Real life example of a turn lane setup that has two additional left turn lanes and a right turn lane. The "AVE-8" in here (Mira Mesa Boulevard) would go from 8 lanes to 11. What a monster. And coincidentally, a little south of this intersection is the real-life equivalent of Jondor's "Tight lane swap" piece, only it's set for B-TuLEPs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=32.917182,-117.120585&spn=0.001866,0.003664&t=k&z=19

I know I've seen a TuLEP that just has the right turn lane in your Mayor Diary once.

Quote from: Tarkus on June 10, 2010, 01:02:18 PM

I was right, but I didn't account for the left and straight arrow on the other turn lane. Is that an Anti-SIP? (If a SIP adds traffic signals, especially in the right locations, then wouldn't an anti-SIP lack any traffic signals?)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Excuse me, but do not you create TuLEP for one-way streets. I guess there will be a task much more difficult  but I still think  he needs  TuLEP  for them.

- Ivaylo

Tarkus

The pic out of my MD is actually what has been tentatively called Type B Road TuLEPs.  The Type B Avenue ones with the dual-left turn lane were actually originally going to be called "Type D" (The prototype for Road Type D is actually a Road setup with dual left-turn lanes), but it seemed a little confusing at the time to have the two types of Avenue TuLEPs in the basic set be Types A and D rather than A and B.

The lack of signals/stop points there on that intersection is more a sign of being incomplete than a true "anti-SIP", though anti-SIPs are something I've actually considered for awhile now.

Quote from: ivo_su on January 28, 2011, 03:10:36 PM
Excuse me, but do not you create TuLEP for one-way streets. I guess there will be a task much more difficult  but I still think  he needs  TuLEP  for them.

OWRs will be getting TuLEPs as well, though there hasn't been all that much focus on that end--it's not so much a difficulty factor as a lack of time factor.  There was a prototype shown back on page 2, however.  That's about as far as that's gotten, though.  The eventual implementation plan for them will involve using SIPs intersections as well.

-Alex

Fresh Prince of SC4D

the new intersections look like a nod to the CitiesXL intersections
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

ivo_su

I guess you thought about it but to ask:
when cross AVE - 8 with other AVE - 8 I guess that will have 2 lanes for left turn (if 1 extra at the median place of course) then the remaining 3 straight. For this ... My thought is TuLEP already has a special right turn lane but can it be by two-lane (more widely I mean).

- Ivaylo

ZenMonster

Hello.

Just a little suggestion.

You might want to include some brief instructions on where to put the SlipLanePathFix patch file in the main sticky post to help out newbs like me. I just spent a few hours looking through this whole thread just to figure out where to put it.
(...My docs\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Plugins\)

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. Just a suggestion.

I bought this game a few years ago and was very disappointed. It was only a slight improvement over SC3K in my opinion. I have only recently discovered this website and all the awesome content that improves the game beyond what I could have ever imagined. Please keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

ivo_su

I have an idea for improving the  arrows  in TuLEP's.
I think that it will be especially difficult for you - this picture I took samples of AVE-4 and if you can put them on single pieces would have quite beautiful.

- Ivaylo

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on January 29, 2011, 02:52:02 PM
I guess you thought about it but to ask:
when cross AVE - 8 with other AVE - 8 I guess that will have 2 lanes for left turn (if 1 extra at the median place of course) then the remaining 3 straight. For this ... My thought is TuLEP already has a special right turn lane but can it be by two-lane (more widely I mean).

We're still figuring out how the AVE-8/TLA-9 end will work in terms of TuLEPs.  The geometry would need to be different for a dual-left turn lane . . . the default geometry for the triple-tile networks is really only configured for one.

And ZenMonster, glad we've been able to improve your SC4 experience!  I normally have installation instructions for fixes and such like that, but had forgotten to do so with this one--that's now been corrected. :thumbsup:

-Alex

MandelSoft

Quote from: ivo_su on February 09, 2011, 01:19:42 PM

I have an idea for improving the  arrows  in TuLEP's.
I think that it will be especially difficult for you - this picture I took samples of AVE-4 and if you can put them on single pieces would have quite beautiful.

- Ivaylo
I'm happy to report you that's these pieces are included in the Advanced TuLEPs set, which still requires some re-organisation...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 09, 2011, 01:38:03 PM
I'm happy to report you that's these pieces are included in the Advanced TuLEPs set, which still requires some re-organisation...

It's great Maarten. You did make me happy. Many hope the next TuLEP's have arrows and one-way streets

- Ivaylo

zakuten

OK, so truthfully, I have no idea how the overlays work, but, would it be possible to "overhang" a stop line for the intersections? Since the intersection itself would know which part would go where, a small graphic tweak could add stop lines without taking the crosswalks? I've got no skill in these, but I wish I'd have learned...
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteOK, so truthfully, I have no idea how the overlays work, but, would it be possible to "overhang" a stop line for the intersections?

Yup, it's possible. In fact the TuLEPs already have something sort of similar happening with the ghost arrows in the preview model.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Wiimeiser

I was thinking, how about longer slip lanes? Or a transition to MIS?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...