• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Team's Super Special Thread for the month of November!!

Started by rooker1, November 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

The NAM Team have agreed to be our Special guest for SC4Devotion's 6th anniversary.  Help me me congratulate them and show our appreciation for all their hard work over all the years that they have provided us with the absolute best modd for our favourite game SC4!

NAM Team use this thread as you will and have fun!

A huge thank you and an even bigger congrats from The SC4D Staff!!
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

jmyers2043

Quote from: rooker1 on November 01, 2012, 04:17:44 AM
Help me me congratulate them and show our appreciation for all their hard work over all the years

Yes, good idea. Thank you NAM (team), one and all!!!

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

noahclem

I can only imagine the resulting epicness when NAM and OSITM combine forces  ()flamdev()

Have an awesome month and I can't wait to see what's in store here!

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

nas-t

gn_leugim

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

riiga

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to have the opportunity to showcase our latest developments for the upcoming NAM Version 31 release in the "Of Special Interest This Month" (OSITM) section at SimCity 4 Devotion for the month of November 2012.

This month is a particularly special one for both SimCity 4 Devotion and the NAM Team.  It marks 6 years since the opening of SimCity 4 Devotion, a site which, at its core mission, sought to foster custom content creators, by providing them with ample space and freedom to collaborate and showcase development.  SC4 Devotion, since the very outset, has been especially supportive of the NAM Team, and we are honored to be able to help ring in Year 6 here in OSITM.  This month also marks the 7th anniversary of the first release of one of the NAM Team's flagship projects.  On November 16, 2005, NAM Team Emeritus qurlix released the initial public alpha of what was then called the Rural Highway Mod, or RHW.  Today, it is known as the RealHighway system, and it is still very much in active development today.

We would like to thank the OSITM Committee, for selecting us to play this role during a major milestone in the site's history, and to all who have supported the NAM Team over all these years.  We have a lot of new developments to share with you over this next month and beyond, which we hope you will find exciting.  And remember--we like to surprise people . . .

-Tarkus and the entire NAM Team

rambuckel

Very well deserved honor for the most important team since the release of SC4! I'm looking forward to what you'll present us in the next version of NAM!!!! I take my hat off to you in respect for the skills of you all  &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Gugu3

Tarkus it's always a pleasure to listen from you we are gonna see some development :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Hmm....

NAM
+
OSITM
=
?

It may be a '?', but I'm assuming it's good. ;)

By the way, the initial release of the RHW mod was one of the main reasons I joined the SC4 community. Lurked since 2004, got the first RHW build the moment it became public, registered not long after that :).

Tarkus

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words and the warm welcome to OSITM! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Haljackey on November 01, 2012, 07:00:40 PM
By the way, the initial release of the RHW mod was one of the main reasons I joined the SC4 community. Lurked since 2004, got the first RHW build the moment it became public, registered not long after that :).

It's about the same here, actually. 

Quote from: Haljackey on November 01, 2012, 07:00:40 PM
Hmm....

NAM
+
OSITM
=
?

It may be a '?', but I'm assuming it's good. ;)

Well, I'll answer a little bit of the "?" part of it.  Here's one of the many things lurking in the RealHighway P57 effort that hasn't yet met the public eye.  You can thank jondor for putting these models together.

There's more from whence that came . . .

-Alex

Pat

Alex I swear over time you have become like David a tease lol!!! dang it man I want more!!!!!!!! lol  &hlp great job for sure and speaking of which you can expect your ears to be ringing on Saturday sometime from 12 - 1 cst pm lol... If you have any thing you would love for me to kinda tease the community about drop me a PM that would be awesome ;-)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

vinlabsc3k

&apls &apls &apls

Happy birthday SC4 Devotion and RHW!!

I hope to see a lot of unseen material! ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Glazert

Since the NAM is of "special interest" to me every month, it needs the "super special" to single it out this month.

Gugu3

Woe Alex that's amazing!so.....thanks jondor!!!!!!!!! &apls
looking forward for the next tease-time ;D
cheers

mike3775

It amazes me when I read that many still do not use RHW and opt to still use MHW these days.

Yes the NAM team did great updating the MHW yrs ago with the prefab interchanges which vastly improved the functionality and looks of MHW, but nothing made SC4 better then the RHW imo.

I was one of those people who despised the RHW initially, because of the issues that still plague it, like the pieces snapping together if you drag out the wrong side first, or the slope intolerance it has, but it has made it so much easier to make cities fit the way you want(like having a 5 lane loop corridor around the central downtown area), which you can't do with MHW or having multiple on/off ramps from a single exit/entrance MIS ramp. 

I wish I could remember who it was from the NAM team who I had sent a PM to years ago in a foul mood after having yet another issue with RHW who sent me a response of "whoa buddy calm down and do it this way" response and ever since I have loved the RHW  lol.

The NAM team definitely deserves this honor, and I will always be appreciative for what they have done for this game over the years.  I have always thought its a shame that EA/Maxis never even considered hiring some of these people to work on an expansion/new version of the game for transit capabilities, considering how much time and effort they have put into this game making it way better than I think EA/Maxis ever intended.