• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Here's neat little trick I tried today:

If you use the RealHighway Disconnector piece on the middle tile of a RHW 6-C, you can fill it in with NWM triple tile TuLEPs. The result makes for a great RHW-to-arterial transition, as it allows you to build ramps nearby.

Example:

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Tarkus

Thanks, Haljackey--it looks like I may want to code in a conversion on the Type 130 FTL starters to support a 6C/8C median out the bottom, so the new system will also support that.

-Alex

eggman121

Just dusting off some old content that has sitting on my HDD ;D

Who like the "sound" of that  :D

Of course the new curves have some Override ability  ;)

Of course the icing on the cake would not be complete without this awesomeness  ::)

The following pieces (Guess what the Radius types are) will be offered as flex pieces only.

The feeling I am getting is that users would like better ease of use and that is something I am working on.

In RRW land I am fiddling around with the flextrack pieces to make them flex pieces for the pieces that are currently available in the tab ring. If successful the same concept will be ported over to other content.

I have rudimentary plans to use the flex pieces for the road to tie in nicely with the NWM. I already have the curves thanks to rivit's outstanding texture bender tool.

Just needs to be allocated a range and paths.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. More content is in the pipeline.

-eggman121

Gugu3

eggman this new content is great! Think we can expect some other cool stuff from you as always

Ernestmaxis

Friend of my Catalyst named Bloemkolie on Simtropolis has also made a mod for ramps. Maybe use full for the Nam mods
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30851-catalysts-t-21-for-real-highway/

Pictures look good so great work. But maybe this looks the same :)

dyoungyn

Looks promising indeed. I have personally always loved the flex pieces and the draggable road curves.  Would only be nice to see the barrier in the middle for RHW 6/8.

dyoungyn

Wiimeiser

One thing I noticed with Haljackey's setup is that the lines disappear... Not sure how you'd address that...

The C networks just seem to have those oddities, like the RHW-6C transition to RHW-2, and then there's this possible setup...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

eggman121

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 15, 2017, 01:32:03 PM
The C networks just seem to have those oddities, like the RHW-6C transition to RHW-2, and then there's this possible setup...

Such a setup Is quite exotic since the entrance to the monash freeway is via this route since the South Eastern Freeway use to use this route before the tunnels for citylink where put in place in the early 2000's.

To make such a setup I would recommend a MIS network with the RHW 8S network.

Such asymmetry is not needed in most circumstances but in this case it was justified due to the cost of making an extra tunnel entrance for the burnly tunnel and subsequent widening.

-eggman121

kbieniu7

That looks fantastic! May I ask if you also plan to make wider curves for double-carriageway setup for RHW-4 as they are currently for R2 45deg curves and FA pieces?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Schwenda

Thanks a million to ALL that y'all've done so far, NAM Team! Certainly can't wait what else awaits for us, somewhat patient players!

I'm pretty sure somebody asked this multiple times somewhere on this 600 page discussion, but since ALL straight starter/transition pieces have well been made, is there any diagonal starters or bridge transitions in the works? I would like to finally make a realistic-looking three level Y interchange in the game someday (Primest examples are all over Central Illinois, mostly along I-57)! Don't even get me started about how much more realistic & beautiful the slopes to even bigger interchanges could look with this!

That has to be about the only missing piece in the puzzle left for a "complete" Real Highway mod IMO...

eggman121

Hello Schwenda

Thanks for the enthusiasm you have in the project  :thumbsup:

Although we won't be making diagonal starters (Although you can get some from the depreciated puzzle piece ring), you can make some interchanges with little or no starters using FLEX Pieces.

Here is an interchange that matches your description I whipped up just now!

Referring to this interchange here: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.2706663,-88.92279,14z/data=!3m1!1e3

So eventually you will be able to make any interchange type with modular, overridable and flexible pieces.

The new pieces will come in the NAM 36 package once released.

-eggman121

911Diva

This is very realistic!!!  Thanks for all your work!!!

matias93

Can I cry?  :crytissue:  Tue is simply too magical to contain the feelings  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Kitsune

Quote from: eggman121 on April 07, 2017, 05:22:43 PM

The new pieces will come in the NAM 36 package once released.

-eggman121

Pieces... plural. I only noticed one new piece... makes me wonder what else is hidden ...  $%#Ninj2
~ NAM Team Member

AsimPika3172

Yahoo!  :bnn: I like it!  &apls I will waiting!!!  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

Kitsune

I can not get the 8s e2 wide to work:

I can get that texture to appear if I draw it a different way - except that way deconverts everything once you drag out the 8s.
~ NAM Team Member

Wiimeiser

I've never been able to get the regular one of that to work (the inner highway is always a 6S without fail, there doesn't appear to be a way to distinguish them), so I can't really help. But do the paths appear? And what's the different way?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Kitsune

Yes the draw paths does show it is pathed. And I forgot the other way... oy.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

Actually I think what you are trying to make here is a 8S D2 Wide ramp, the E2 would have a diagonal branch. I've uploaded a short video on YouTube to show how to make that.

There was a patch needed for NAM 34 for this interchange, but it was fixed in NAM 35, so make sure you are using the latest version. Otherwise let me know if you are using US or EU textures, perhaps something is wrong, but then again, it's working fine for me.