• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW Curves

Started by Larsaf, July 24, 2014, 05:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larsaf

Hello,

I have two questions.

How can I create perfect circles using the "Wide Radius Curves" for RHW-4? I always get an egg-like curve because the diagonal doesn't fit exactly. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it possible to create curves on L1 or L2 for RHW-Intersections?

regards
Klaus

compdude787

The diagonal RHW-4 is spaced wider apart than the orthogonal RHW-4. It's just how it is; you can't do anything about it. And sorry, there aren't any elevated 45-degree curves for any network in the RHW yet, so you'll have to live w/ jagged curves for elevated RHW. The NAM team might make some eventually, but I don't know when.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Larsaf

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: compdude787 on July 24, 2014, 08:34:17 AM
The diagonal RHW-4 is spaced wider apart than the orthogonal RHW-4. It's just how it is; you can't do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure it's not an issue of why the RHW-4 has a monstrous diagonal gap, but why thing A doesn't look like thing B.

And that's because there's no exact feature for that. It's been long determined that RHW-4 won't be needing a 90-degree curve. In theory, a suitably sized piece would be monstrously large to make as a puzzle piece. In essence, if you made a circle out of these curves, you'd be making an octagon with rounded corners, not a pure circle.

You can try this with other 45-degree curves and you'll get the same results: you'll get octagons pretending to be circles. (Wow, that'd be a rather horrific Flatland fanfic.)

In order to somehow make a 90-degree curve out of 45-degree curves, you'd have to overlay the very last tiles of the two curves where they meet at the 45-degree mark. That simply can't be done at all... unless you Flex the curves and add in extra override code for transforming the curve into a 90-degree curve.

However, flexing all of the RHW curves is something that might have to be done after NAM 33.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums