• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Argentum (Closed--5/15/2007)

Started by Tarkus, April 06, 2007, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Welcome to Argentum, my first ever MD.  I've been working on this region for over a year, and gradually improving it (many of those improvements have involved De-Maxisification).  I'm not the greatest city developer by any means, but I've gotten great enjoyment out of this region.

There are a few basic premises I'm taking with my approach.  I'm a big "roadgeek", so this MD will focus a lot on transit networks, and most of the time, I'll be presenting it from the perspective of a Transportation/Land Use department.  Each update will follow a number of different construction projects being undertaken across the region. 

As you may know, I'm also actively involved in the Transit Modding community, with the NAM and RHW, and this will serve somewhat as a preview for some of my works-in-progress, namely, the RHW Modular Interchange System (RHWMIS), which is essentially a "toolkit" for the creation of completely custom interchanges.  There may be some other surprises on that front as well.

Here's a few pics as a bit of a teaser before the first "real" update:

Some suburban areas

Some scenic areas

Some of the construction projects underway

And some nearly completed interchange projects

Finally, here's a map of part of one of the suburbs.  (Warning: The image is very large. ;))

I'll have more up soon, including some background about the region, as well as an even larger map.

-Alex

Serkanner

That is a very nice start Alex, and I am looking forward to see more of the Ergentum region. Did I see a RHW puzzle piece that is in developement at the moment? Its looks great!

wouanagaine

When I see your name under the 'originator' poster, I knew there will be some nice RHW pics as well as anything roads related !

Like the 'De Maxisification', the game take another dimension with custom content only :)

&apls &apls &apls

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

sebes

Hey Alex, there a some great intersections shown here. The small one near the bridge ending is very creative (or did the constructioner had some pints to much  ;D ).

Great map too !!!  &apls How many hours did that take you  ??
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

THis looks good. Very interesting work with the transit network, and good overall use of custom content. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

BigSlark

This region looks great, Alex. I like the suburban development you've done as well as showcasing the RHW and MIS.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more.

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

I have so been waiting for this- the 6th has been circled on my calendar since the promo popped up in your sig, Alex.

...back to look at the pics again...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

Great start and wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Great start, Alex! Everything looks like it's coming along splendidly. I love your use of the RHW and the puzzle pieces from the NAM. I'm a big fan of roads and transportation networks, too, so I'm eager to see what you're going to do next. The map you made is fantastic, too. Keep up the good work, my friend!

Shadow Assassin

Hey, nice to see Argentum. :P

Nice job. I quite like the map. :P

Grab a slope mod, though. It'd be interesting to see how you deal with it.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Heinz

thats a running start if i ever saw one! i like the feel of the suburban area and your network... OVERWHELMING!!! intensssse! would love to see how this unfolds. keep em coming! see you around

Emperor Stormont

I may have this already in my plugins, but what is that plugin/mod used to build the grey 4 lane road/dual carriageway??

It looks fanastic so far, great use of custom content, the terrain mod looks great, works very well.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

spartanB292

Very Nice, been waiting for this one for a while.

A question tho, two actually, one, same as belfastinguys question, where can I get the extra wide avenue things, and two, where does one actually get the rhw? i've looked all over and seen it in a few md's & cj's, but can't seem to find it.
just please don't say it's at simcitycentral, I, for some reason, Can't get the registration guys to send me the reg code email ???
Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!

Ralph

Wow where dou tou got these runway !?

szarkoz

Nice job so far Tarkus.

I see you're using the new RHW pieces - they're great. I don't even want to build any highways before they will be released ;)
Anyway, I liked the pictures you've shown us. First one present nice, suburban development. But what I liked at most were the construction projects - they look very realistic.

Keep it up!
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

pickled_pig

Those are easily some of the best custom interchanges ever made in Simcity.

Great map, as well.  I like that you are going to take this from a rodgeek perspective - we can anways use more roadgeek MDS!

-aaron

HabLeUrG

wow, excellent roads, highways and streets  ;D &apls I like your project alot hope to see an original version for download soon  ;)

Pat

Alex wow great job well done here.  I hope you update soon - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

There are some real space saver intersections there  :thumbsup:  ( and some crazy ones as well  ::) )

Great showcase  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Strechnitz

That is a nice start to an MD. :thumbsup: I didn't know one could do so much with the NAM :o

Time I download them too. These are some good looking intersections here, I look forward to see more of argentum.

Strech.