• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Network Addon Mod June 2009 Release

Started by Andreas, June 21, 2009, 03:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmelvin

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for my question.

Is there a zip file available with all the traffic simulator plugins for the latest release of the NAM?

And yes, I realize that the simulators would need to be kept somewhere other than my plugins folder as only one should be used at a time.

I downloaded and installed the June 2009 release and used the custom install option that let me select a specific simulator. I would like to be able to change the simulator without doing another installation if that is possible. I didn't see this covered when I checked the NAM readme but I may have missed something.

I did find a zip in one of the development threads for one the simulators but see that the specific simulator that was loaded by the installer was a bigger DAT file with a later date than the equivalent file in that zip.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.
jmelvin

Splime

jmelvin: You should be able to download the Mac version and take what you need from that zip. (Regardless of whether you have a PC or Mac or whatever.) I've done the same thing myself before.

z

If you replace the traffic simulator, be sure to replace the Volume Data View with the matching one as well.

jmelvin

Thank you, Splime, for that fast response to my question. I was in the process of posting my question in a more appropriate thread (The NAM Issues thread at http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.0). By the time I had done that you had already answered my question. I'll go download the MAC version.

And thank you, Z, for your comment about the Volume Data View. I hadn't thought about that.
jmelvin

Added comment: Here is another item to check when chnging the traffic simulator: the Census Repository Facility file for Ripplejet's Census Repository. His readme states which one to use for the various traffic simulators.

djvandrake

I don't have a question, issue or any such thing.

I just want to say a HUGE (and I mean HUGE) thank you to the NAM team for all the work that they do.

When I saw the update for additional bridges and you included a SUSPENSION bridge for MONORAIL I nearly came unglued.  Fantastic!  I'm already planning a new, extensive monorail network including these snazzy bridges.  :P &apls &apls &apls

If I could buy each of you a drink, I would.  :D  :thumbsup:

Thanks,
DJ

GoaSkin

@all who are using the nam tool: Please update to the latest version! It is now availlable:

Windows: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1914
Mac OS X (Universal): http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1912
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

simmaster07

Cool tool there, GoaSkin, but I don't know Chinese. :D

Anyways, here's another tool for the Mac collection, the NAM Installer for Macintosh. Posted about it over at the NAM: Development thread, but I'm starting to realize that's for development of the plugin itself. :P

Bugtracker
Download

And thanks to GoaSkin for suggesting a few extra features I put in there. ;D

Info
I don't own a Macintosh, but it does support shell scripting, which is used in this script. To run it, open up a terminal and assuming it's been downloaded to the desktop:

cd ~/Desktop

Or the download folder (if I understood the manual correctly, it's:)

cd ~/Download

Extract the files and make sure you have the NAM Loose Zip, it's named NetworkAddonMod_Mac.zip and it's in the same folder as the script. Then run:

chmod 777 NAM-Install
./NAM-Install

joji360

feechia

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! AND CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD IT? THANK YOU AGAIN.

z

There's a download link in the post.  It's the word "Download" in blue.

BlueLeRequin

Hey,

Thank you for the up ;) But I'm new and I don't know where I can download the NAM... I fallowed the Blue link for the NAM PC version, a new page is openned but I don't see the link for Download it....Can you help me please ?

z

You have to register on the LEX before the download links show up.

BTW, welcome to SC4 Devotion!

BlueLeRequin

Thank you verry much ! I didn't know that I had to register on the LEX too !

Ps : Sorry if my english is not very well, I'm french.

frostholy

i dunno where the hell the DOWNLOAD button is!!! where is it?? i need NAM!!!

_maciex_

Quote from: frostholy on November 21, 2009, 07:39:30 AM
i dunno where the hell the DOWNLOAD button is!!! where is it?? i need NAM!!!

First you must register on LEX http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/Default.htm

gabrielbyrnei

Are there any higher capicity station for elevated rails ? The ones on NAM are 2000 and 6000 capacities, which is too low

kidin1986

kidin1986

where's mod's download button i didnt found them  ()sad()