• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Urban Highway Set

Started by sepen77, July 07, 2010, 03:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sepen77

I have a question with the Urban Highway Set.

These four lots known as "SFBT_Stadtautobahn_Ecke_<something>.sc4lot" (or city highway corner in english I guess).

I have no idea how to use them.  ()what() In the Readme file, it states, "You might get confused by the diversity at the beginning, and some features might be not that obvious on the first glance, but with some trial and error, you should be able to overcome the obstacles soon." I found out how to use all the other lots except for these so called corner lots. I tried plopping under corner highways but they don't seem to fit anywhere. Any advice?
~ Sepen77

MandelSoft

You plop them when you have a diagonal highway with a diagonal road running parrallel to the highway. This road crosses another diagonal road. I think that's the setup these LOTs will fit.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Andreas

Yes, those are basically filler lots that you can use like Maarten described. Many of the lots have a specific purpose, but others can be used to your own liking, as necessary. Unfortunately, I can't be more specific, since I didn't create those lots, but I was responsible for the modding and the readme file, hence the somewhat general comment in there. ;)
Andreas

johnboy75

Hi Guys,

I'm also having a bit of a quandry with this set. It's by far and away one of the best sets I've used in my cities, but I've spent a good two hours experimenting with bits and pieces to try and find the best combination to cover a T-intersection between two diagonal highways (I know, I didn't exactly make it easy on myself but sometimes its just the natural way things turn out).

I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good and haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution other than ending the set some distance from the intersection and turning the surrounding area into a sort of suburban park (which to my annoyance will still leave the base terrain and supports under the highway &mmm).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions that I might have missed?

Cheers!