• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Splendid work on New York again.

I have to admit i was a bit disappointed you didn't make a picture with the twin towers but eh, it's been done already in the paste so yeah.

Happy New Year! And to start the year greatly, welcome to the Classics!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

Central park is beautifully done, and stunning night scenes as well  &apls &apls

(Now wondering if I should have made a Statue of Liberty that aligns to the grid though...  &Thk/( )
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

manga rivotra

QuoteFinally, a few overviews of Midtown Manhattan in all its glory.
Oh yes this is glorious !  :o , like all that you do in fact!  ;)
I do not think there's enough superlative to describe what you've achieved this year, but one thing is for sure, as soon as I'm lacking in inspiration or just when I want to take full eyes, I come here see your work and I realize that this game definitely has no limits in your artist's hands!  &apls &apls &apls
Thank you.  :thumbsup:

korver

Replies

art128 - Thanks for the nice words! Yeah, I was thinking about including a pic with the twin towers, but I ended up just doing the two updates for the 30s and present day. I might revisit NYC sometime later on, doing more historical recreations from throughout the city's history - so I'll be sure to keep them in mind for any possible update.

Also, thanks for moving me into classics :thumbsup:

reddonquixote - Thank you very much! Yeah, that was a bit of a shame that it didn't line up perfectly - but even with the statue being off a bit the scene still turned out pretty nice :thumbsup:

manga rivotra - Thanks so much for the nice words, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I really appreciated all the nice comments you posted throughout the course of 2017, they mean a lot to me :)

kbieniu7

The panorama over the Manhattan, both during the day and night, is breathtaking :o one can really feel the amount of... everything. Both the city itself, as well as your work that you had to put there  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

korver

- UPDATE 65: Japan (Preview) -

For our next destination, we're traveling to another one of the world's most beautiful countries - Japan. We'll be taking a look at some of the country's most stunning landmarks, skylines, landscapes and more. I'm getting close to finishing it up, but in the meantime - here's a little preview of what's to come :)

Shibuya Crossing, Tokyo

Itsukushima Shrine, Hatsukaichi

-korver

---

Replies

kbieniu7: Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the pictures! :)

Gugu3

dyoungyn

My all time favorite and longest time living and oldest population, lovely Nippon (Japan).  I have spent 14 years in this wonderful country and their culture and history goes back thousands of years and Japan is recognized as the oldest country in world history as China was in dis-array and India could not even create a wheel at the time. 

Themistokles

So well done, as always! The realism level of the cross-roads and the temple with its torii is outstanding, and also a quite interesting visualisation of the dualism of Japanese society.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

reddonquixote

The crossing is amazing can't wait to see more  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Ahh - I love the crossing  :thumbsup:. I've walked across there in real life (and hit my head on the exit signs that hang from the ceilings on the nearby railway station... I guess they don't quite make them for tall westerners)  :D) But it looks almost identical to how I remember it  &apls

metarvo

Stunning crosswalk scene!  It almost has a way of drawing you into the atmosphere of the area.  The peaceful temple is the perfect foil for the bustling cityscape.  I'm looking forward to seeing more of the beautiful land that is Japan.  Good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

korver

Replies

Gugu3 - Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

dyoungyn - Thank you very much! I think you'll enjoy what I what in store for the full update! :)

Themistokles - The contrast between the scenes is one of the reasons why I picked Japan, it's really such a fascinating and incredible country. Thanks for the kind words!

reddonquixote - Glad you liked it, thanks for the nice words! :thumbsup:

mattb325 - Thank you very much! Always good to hear it resembled the real thing :thumbsup:

metarvo - Thanks, glad you enjoyed the crosswalk scene!

carlfatal

I am not the most active member but I always have to llok into Your MD if I visit SC4D. But I am totally sorry, cause I am running out of superlatives. I love the Venice picture, and wow, Your picture of Frankfurt is really close to the original (I mean, I am living there, not at this place in the center but...).
But hey, I have no words anymore, I am still overwhelmed by the NY pics and this Tolyo crossing... Forgive me!  &apls &apls &apls

geminiasp

Oh my... your pictures and places are absolutely breathtaking.  :o

I looked at this because I noticed you were doing Japan (YAY!). I had to check out all your other works as well, these are amazing! I have no other words.

korver

- UPDATE 66: Japan -

Today we'll be taking a look at one of the world's most beautiful countries - Japan. With an impressive mix of new and old structures, landscapes, natural wonders and more - there's plenty here to keep you in awe. Our tour begins with a trip to the famous Itsukushima Shrine in Hatsukaichi, located near Hiroshima on the western side of the country. It's one of the country's most sacred sites and popular tourist destinations - its 45 foot high Torii Gate is truly breathtaking.

We travel east to Kyoto, the former capital of Japan - where we'll visit one of the country's most iconic landmarks: the famous Golden Pavilion. Originally completed in 1397, this site has been a symbol of Kyoto for centuries. Despite being completely rebuilt in 1955, this famous Zen temple still retains its charm and beauty - and its famed gold leaf exterior attracts plenty of tourists.

Japan is a country that's also known for its stunning countryside - and its rice paddies are one of the country's most famous sites. With nearly 80% of the country covered in mountains, terraces like these can be seen for miles around.

Japan is also one of the world's largest tea producers - and beautiful tea plantations are a common sight in the countryside.

Not too far away is another one of the country's most iconic sights: Mount Fuji. Standing 12,388 feet tall, it's also an active stratovolcano with the last eruption coming in 1708. This legendary mountain has also been a pilgrimage site for centuries and is considered one of the country's most sacred destinations.

With nearly 40 million people in its urban area, Tokyo is the largest urban area not just in Japan but also the entire world. Formerly known as Edo, it became the country's capital in 1868 and has transformed into a global economic and financial hub. The city is filled with stunning landmarks, such as it's famed Shibuya Intersection. This "scramble" intersection is said to be the busiest in the world and every light sends hundreds of people in every direction.

The next stop is one of Tokyo's famous landmarks - the Tokyo Tower. Completed in 1958, it stands 1,092 feet tall and is the country's second tallest structure. The observation deck offers extraordinary views of the city - and is a must visit for anyone traveling to Tokyo.

Our final stop is Tokyo's famous Shinjuku skyline - located in the heart of downtown, it's filled with stunning modern high rises and is especially impressive at nighttime.

-korver

---

Replies

carlfatal: Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying the updates :thumbsup:

geminiasp: Thank you very much for the nice comment :)

dyoungyn

Completely AMAZING!!!  Again, brings back memories of time long past. 

By the way, see the attached cropped "Look OUT", cars are about to hit us, the light is green!

korver

Thank you very much for the nice words dyoungyn!  :)

Thank you for bringing that to my attention as well - I've updated the picture accordingly.

feyss

Awesome pictures   ;)

The tea and rice plantations look so real  :thumbsup:

korver

Thank you very much for the kind comment feyss :thumbsup: