• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

ah... wonderful! To me, the FTL under the elevated part is the most interesting, since it may enable other tight interchanges/intersections near ERHWs.  :)

shanghai kid

Quote from: Kitsune on February 04, 2018, 05:18:07 AM
... to nitpick why are the cars not allowed to turn right from the road ? :)

Alex problably forgot to change the arrow to straight/right hand arrow on the right lane in the pic :P, or as this is a preview just used a ftl/intersection with two straight arrows :thumbsup:... pretty sure there will be right turn allowed when it's finished and released though :)
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Tarkus

Quote from: Kitsune on February 04, 2018, 05:18:07 AM
... to nitpick why are the cars not allowed to turn right from the road ? :)

Because modding at 4:15am in the morning. :facepalm:  :D  Thanks for catching me there.  It's now been addressed.  Required adding a new texture to the repertoire of Type 110 setups, too.

This whole thing was actually built as a QuickChange Xpress, but there's a falsie for the MIS FTL transition embedded in the middle of the height transition, and the intersection itself is a product of tricky RUL1 work--it actually generates the Dual Type 110 that goes underneath the RHW.

-Alex

Gugu3

Seaman

Quote from: Tarkus on February 04, 2018, 03:36:48 PM
It's now been addressed.  Required adding a new texture to the repertoire of Type 110 setups, too.

This whole thing was actually built as a QuickChange Xpress, but there's a falsie for the MIS FTL transition embedded in the middle of the height transition, and the intersection itself is a product of tricky RUL1 work--it actually generates the Dual Type 110 that goes underneath the RHW.

Does this FTL improvement mean, that this enables similar non-RHW setups, like at grade crossings with an alley of OWR-2 and a single tile median?

I'm not on my machine, so I'm borrowing Marasts pic to illustrate what I mean.

Tarkus

Thanks for all the likes and kind words!

Doing this a half-hour earlier makes all the difference in the world. :D

You can probably guess what's coming next . . .

Quote from: Seaman on February 05, 2018, 02:57:37 AM
Does this FTL improvement mean, that this enables similar non-RHW setups, like at grade crossings with an alley of OWR-2 and a single tile median?

I haven't coded that sort of situation as of yet, but the plan is eventually to go there on the FTL side--there's still implementation details to consider there, however.  The under-RHW (and under-MHO) setups are the first step.

-Alex

Kitsune

This would/could fall under localization.... but in Canada there would be an island opposing the left hand turn lanes to keep the lanes straight instead of having that slight jog.
~ NAM Team Member

Seaman

Quote from: Kitsune on February 05, 2018, 11:53:54 AM
This would/could fall under localization.... but in Canada there would be an island opposing the left hand turn lanes to keep the lanes straight instead of having that slight jog.

I guess it's easier to do the jug since you do not need to create new textures other than the intersection itself...? Though, I have to admit that an island would look a little bit more familiar to my eyes, too.

noahclem

Great work on those ramps with turning lanes Alex  &apls  Definitely looking forward to the hint at what's next  :popcorn:

Tarkus

Thanks for all the kind words, likes, and feedback!   :thumbsup:

Regarding the design, it is actually based on an actual RL setup that is quite familiar to me--the interchange between Coburg Road and Oregon Route 569 (the Randy Pape Beltline) in Eugene.  (Side note: I used to fill up at the Costco there all the time when I lived there--still my go-to when I pass through town.) 

The OR-569/River Road interchange a few miles west also has a similar design (albeit Type 220 on one side, Type 120 on the other), with the jogs in the lanes, though there are some actual raised medians on the approaches there. 

The Type 110 version was an extrapolation of what this would look like at a smaller scale.  The next step is to go wider.  I'll have more on that soon.

-Alex

Tarkus

Double posting, but . . . I have development.

How about this here design?  (Sorry--the color correction on the MIS turn lanes got away from me a little. :D)

-Alex

Gugu3

Great stuff! Alex your work is simply amazing &apls

Tyberius06

This is getting more and more beautiful, Alex! :D &apls &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

riiga

dyoungyn

Simply put, Ditto and not only wow, but WOW as loud and excited as one can be.  Stupendous work. &hlp

Tarkus

Thanks, Gugu, Tyberius, riiga, dyoungyn, and all those who hit the like button! :thumbsup:

Thus far, I've completed texture color correction, T21 work, and all pathing except for the transition in/out of the Dual Type 230.  I've also been experimenting with a redesign on the Type A2 ramps, such that the entrance tapers to a single lane before entering the highway, alleviating a common complaint about that ramp's design.

Here's a wider overview of the whole thing:

And up close and personal with the signalized intersection:

-Alex

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

druidlove

Awesome work here. One question, would it be possible to have a right turn lane between the ramp and the intersecting road as well?

Gugu3

Tarkus

Thanks, AsimPika3172, druidlove, Gugu3, and everyone for the support!

Quote from: druidlove on February 08, 2018, 10:07:46 PM
One question, would it be possible to have a right turn lane between the ramp and the intersecting road as well?

Are you referring to a right turn lane off of the surface street that goes onto the entrance ramp?  If so, it is something that may become possible down the road (no pun intended).  The two potential ways of doing that would either entail a lane drop, or a lane add (which would also involve lengthening the interchange, and might provide room for a slip lane as well).

And as this video shows, this thing is surprisingly easy to build--here's the prototype in action:

https://www.youtube.com/v/DgmQxle8xvA

And that is indeed real, in-game time.

-Alex