• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A use I didn't know about

Started by oldrogue, April 24, 2008, 01:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrogue

Hi all,
A while back someone whose name I  can't remember (sorry) said it was possible to use the reader to "prioritize" the in game menus by renumbering the ___?___ of the lot....adding a 000n to the front of something.. ()what()...clear as mud the way I describe it!!! 

I guess what I want to do would be....there are quite a few plops in the landmarks menu (and others) that I use almost all the time..... like the Smalltown series for example...they are at the very end of a VERY long landmark list... "$Deal"$..could I use this tool to move them to the "front" of the menu?   

In landmarks I have probably about a hundred items that I use alot.... and others just occaisionally.....  Also about the same ratio in the parks menu and quite a few at the back of the rewards menu...

Sure would appreciate being pointed in the correct direction on this one. ;D

thanks
Duane
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Diggis

There is an item order property you can edit. A negative number will move it above the Maxis items.

wouanagaine

You're looking for the item order priority ( 0x8A2602B9 )
the lower the number you put in, the sooner it will appear in your menu
If you put same number for different building, the game will sort by lot size and plop cost IIRC

Edit : Diggis was faster than me

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Travis

Quoteto "prioritize" the in game menus by renumbering the ___?___ of the lot....
I believe the property you're referring to is the Item Order- the higher the number you assign to this property, the farther down in the menu it appears. ;)

QuoteAlso about the same ratio in the parks menu...
This is a little different, because if you assign an Item Order property to a lot in the parks menu, it'll go right to the bottom of the menu. Reason is, Maxis didn't order their parks this way, they're ordered by plop cost. You'll have to mess around with the Plop Cost property to re-arrange park lots. ;)

Hope that helps- if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Both of you were faster than me. ::)

oldrogue

WOW

You were all very very fast...and thanks so much...will do the voodoo you suggested and be in hog heaven   

Thanks so much to all of you.

Duane
&apls &apls &apls

jeronij

After reading this thread I couldnt resist to upload this mod which hopefully will be helpful for some members  ;)

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1596
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

thank you jeronij for this!!!  &apls &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

oldrogue

Yes...thank you so very much...just downloaded it....... :thumbsup: