• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM RTMT?

Started by cmdp123789, July 15, 2013, 10:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdp123789

Hi, Im Criss... now my question is... how do I build a subway station on the nwm system? cause for example the RTMT supported roads and one ways... etc... but I dont seem to find something similar but intended for the nwm... any help?

Swordmaster

This is planned for a future expansion, not currently available.

Cheers
Willy

catty

We are past the planning stage ... a teaser shot from the development board

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

cmdp123789

&apls WOW! thanks a lot guys... I like the picture... and it is more than a proof that there is some work going on!

Kuewr665

I like the big sign behind the shelter.

May I suggest that since each part of the network can be dragged independently, the lot should be divided to take up only one tile in width?

DJSun1981

&apls  Is it possible to make the right lane as a bus - lane? So i can choose if i want build a normal street or this street with a bus lane  :thumbsup:

catty

Hi Kuewr665 and DJSun1981

Leaving aside the technical issues and whether we could do something like that, what you have asked for would pretty much mean this project would never be released, as it would require us to build and test hundreds of stations, just taking the picture above, to implement Kuewr665 suggestion instead of the two stations that picture represents (lefthand and righthand drive) we would have to build and test four stations, add DJSun1981 suggestion and we would have to have 2 normal stations (LH & RH) and two stations that are bus only (LH & RH) and what about when they are bus/subway stations we would have to duplicate those as well

If you add in the rest of the NWM network as well ... tribbles anyone?

-catty
RTMT Team
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

cmdp123789

Hi... now, I know releases are always expected, but do you have any idea when will this be released?

APSMS

Unfortunately, as is the policy of all development with any Custom Content projects on Sim City 4, it will be released when it is ready, and unlikely to be released before it is ready. Since all of the work is for free and done in spare time, the amount of work that can be done to accelerate the finishing of a given project is directly proportional to the amount of free time a given developer has, and inversely proportional to the amount of Real Life (RL) that they actually have going on in the place where we live the rest of the time.

All of which goes to say that they probably have no concrete idea of when it will be ready. Patience is a virtue when you can't make your own stuff.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

catty

Quote from: APSMS on July 16, 2013, 05:02:53 PM
Unfortunately, as is the policy of all development with any Custom Content projects on Sim City 4, it will be released when it is ready, and unlikely to be released before it is ready. ...

Which pretty much sums up the situation, a karma point on its way to you with thanks from the team  :thumbsup:

DJSun1981

@catty:

I wait for this cool stuff 10 years, I can wait more ten years ^^ if its ready  &Thk/(

catty

Quote from: DJSun1981 on July 17, 2013, 09:49:50 PM
...I can wait more ten years ^^ if its ready...

The RTMT NWM is an ongoing project, but the latest NAM releases contained stations for the first time all of which needed to be tested and given the experience the RTMT Team have in testing stations, most of the Team are busy beta testing stations for the next NAM release, and no I can't tell you when that will be either.

-catty

Kuewr665

I understand. Thanks for the reply.