• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Automata generator: Planes on taxiways

Started by xannepan, May 22, 2013, 12:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xannepan

Hello again! I am working on a generator for planes on taxiways. The idea for now is to use roads/streets as taxiway network. As long as the taxiway road stays isolated from any other lots/buildings I assume no other traffic will appear on them.

Based on other generator examples (the eurotraffic generator and the ingame ambulance lua script) I have created a LUA script, a plane automata and a generator lot (see attachement).

Unfortunately, there is a bug somewhere... If I use it in the game, no planes are generated, and I have noticed all other generators (e.g. eurotraffic) stop working.  :'(
There may be a problem with the script, but perhaps also in the use of occupantgroup IDs. At this moment I don't have a clue...

Please help  ::)

Here is the script (also attached)

--#-package:e8f83fb6# -- package signature --

dofile("_templates.lua")
dofile("vehicles.lua")
dofile("pedestrians.lua")

automata_group.plane_taxiway = --TTT
{
   _parent = automata_group.vehicle,
   group_id = "0x8A00",
   source_building = "0x8000",     

}

-- create a generator that creates ambulance trucks at the edge of the lot.
generator.plane_taxiway_generator =
{
      automata = { "plane_taxiway" },                  -- create ambulance trucks
      count = 29,
      rate = 29,                              -- ...X times per...
      rate_scale = RateScale.PER_HOUR,   -- ...game minute
      max_count= 99,
      radius = { 2,14 },
      follow_roads = true,

behavior = {               -- behavior is always expressed as a table of tables, since there can be more than 1
         {   
            state = BehaviorState.DEFAULT,
            timeout = 9999,
            final=true;

},
   },
   follow_road = true,
   destroy_automata = false,
}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Finally, create a "school" occupant group with attached attractor & generator

occupant_group.plane_taxiway_maker =   ---- this is the building group name
{
    group_id = "0x8000",         -- this should be a GUID defined in ingred.ini's "occupant groups" value map - building group number
   controllers = {
      "plane_taxiway_generator",              -- DO NOT change this string without also changing cSC4Vehicle.cpp!
      },
}

-- keep this as the last line and uncomment it to check your work
--~ verify_all_templates()

xannepan

Argghhh.. Why is it that always 5 minutes after the post you find the solution yourself... Problem solved. The scripts are okay. Somehow the IID I used for the LUA script didn't work. Why that is, is still a puzzle to me though... but it works...

Still suggestions on where to improve are welcome!

ACEfanatic02

It may be somewhat off-topic, but thanks for (indirectly) alerting me to the fact you can *actually see* the game's Lua code in Reader.  Seems odd to me that it wasn't all compiled down prior to ship.
日本語勉強中-最近読んだ本はこちらで見えます。
Python Enthusiast

noahclem

Can we have  the picture back please?  :P

Looked very promising as a thumbnail but had been removed by the time I tried to open it. Anyway, outstanding work as always  &apls

xannepan

Don't worry ACEfanatic02. LUA scripts are included in SimCity_1.dat. Via LUA it is possible to do some simple coding without affecting the actual game source code.
Noah: for now no new picture.. I want to see if I can come back with some teasers a bit later in the process of completing this.... Anyway pictures are no good in showing taxiing and flying planes.