• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

I'll echo RickD and say; wow! Truly an impressive regio you've got both in size and style.  &apls

Looking forward to see this metropole develop, keep it up  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

cogeo

Nice update, but... right-hand driving? And.. american roads? Mmmm...

Swordmaster

Very nice stuff here. There can never be enough terraces  ;)

Cheers,
Willy

WannGLondon

Quote from: nbvc on March 24, 2012, 10:00:23 AM
Nice updates. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Quote from: vortext on March 24, 2012, 12:06:27 PM
I'll echo RickD and say; wow! Truly an impressive regio you've got both in size and style.  &apls

Looking forward to see this metropole develop, keep it up  :thumbsup:
Thank you! I quite enjoy my region view too  :P

Quote from: cogeo on March 24, 2012, 12:12:22 PM
Nice update, but... right-hand driving? And.. american roads? Mmmm...
Haha thanks, but I still am an American and I understand my cities better if they drive on the right side of the road.

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 25, 2012, 09:33:42 AM
Very nice stuff here. There can never be enough terraces  ;)

Cheers,
Willy
Thanks and I agree completely! Haha

Update on my region's transportation map.

And an update on my region.
Some more development in the west, including Erling Great Park.

& would someone like to BAT these tall terraces for me please? Im tired of having that large, empty space under Mayvale Park. I'll dedicate an update to you if you do :D

*I know gascooker has done these, but I'm looking for a more urban look, thanks.  :)
Call me Warren.

apeguy

Why this is my first post here I have no idea. I love the endless terraces and grand manor houses of Pense. It's always nice to see people making British-style cities, which I agree with you are not the easiest cities to make with the lack of british-style buildings around. Although there are a decent selection of British Skyscrapers on the STEX, and many of Mattb325's BATs are perfect for what you're doing, and you've used them well. ;D ;D

Just out of curiosity - the Maxis Highway circling around Pense, is that supposed to be a recreation of the M25? Or maybe the North and South Circular? (except they have a lot of at-grade intersections, which you can't properly do with MHW) or maybe another part of the London Ringways Project?

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

WC_EEND

Slightly offtopic, but Alex, have you seen Jay Foreman's clip about the ringways on youtube?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

WannGLondon

Quote from: apeguy on March 29, 2012, 04:03:24 PM
Why this is my first post here I have no idea. I love the endless terraces and grand manor houses of Pense. It's always nice to see people making British-style cities, which I agree with you are not the easiest cities to make with the lack of british-style buildings around. Although there are a decent selection of British Skyscrapers on the STEX, and many of Mattb325's BATs are perfect for what you're doing, and you've used them well. ;D ;D

Just out of curiosity - the Maxis Highway circling around Pense, is that supposed to be a recreation of the M25? Or maybe the North and South Circular? (except they have a lot of at-grade intersections, which you can't properly do with MHW) or maybe another part of the London Ringways Project?
I am glad someone agrees with me  :) haha. Thanks for the comment, and great eye! The circular highway is based off of the M25. I actually have not heard of the Ringways Project but I will definitely check it out.

Another update.

Just some images from my city, and how certain areas have changed.

In the west, along the Polas River, poorer areas have sprung up.

Back in the Central Area, I have changed Champlin Square (which is actually called Percer's Square).

And here is an area based off a square I saw in the Cadogan Estate in London.

One thing I also changed was the subway texture, to Thames Link trains.

Also, my changed rail-train texture.

And lastly, an image of the expanding region;

*Please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

Swordmaster

Nice progress so far. Keep going!

Cheers,
Willy

catty

as always a great update and your regional picture is   &apls

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

WC_EEND

Looking good, and I copletely agree with Catty about the region overview.

Also, this mini-documentary explains the Ringways scheme quite well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUEHWhO_HdY
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

RickD

Are the row houses grown or plopped? If grown, then I guess it takes a lot of patience and bulldozing to achieve the uniform look.
I also like the new train skins.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

cmdp123789

I like it, thouh I have a question, ddid you manage yet to take out the palms?

Silur

WannGLondon

Quote from: Swordmaster on April 01, 2012, 09:15:18 AM
Nice progress so far. Keep going!

Cheers,
Willy
Thanks Willy!

Quote from: catty on April 01, 2012, 10:42:20 AM

as always a great update and your regional picture is   &apls

-catty
As always, thank you Cathy. :)

Quote from: WC_EEND on April 02, 2012, 04:41:04 AM
Looking good, and I copletely agree with Catty about the region overview.

Also, this mini-documentary explains the Ringways scheme quite well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUEHWhO_HdY
Thanks! I will definitely check it out.

Quote from: RickD on April 02, 2012, 06:00:27 AM
Are the row houses grown or plopped? If grown, then I guess it takes a lot of patience and bulldozing to achieve the uniform look.
I also like the new train skins.
Well, I've actually been wanting to explain this, so here goes. All the residential (and commercial) buildings are growable. I simply have placed No Maxis Buildings Mod in my Plugins folder. Then I just choose certain lots like gascooker's rowhomes and they grow on my medium-density 1x2 zones. As for my suburban semi's, they only grow on 2x3 and sometimes 2x2 low-density zones. I have manipulated many lots to only grow on certain densities using the SC4Tool. For example, those red terraces by Mattb I set them to grow on only high-density 1x1 zones, I simply deleted the 1x2 lots found in that terrace download so I do not have those springing up. Lastly, I have uniform housing in certain cities because I simply extracted certain rowhomes that look alike and play the cities that use those certain rowhomes. When I play a different city with different rowhomes, I have to basically switch the folders around.
Honestly, I only have about 10 or 15 residential lots, all manipulated to grow only on certain types of zones.

Quote from: cmdp123789 on April 02, 2012, 07:46:15 AM
I like it, thouh I have a question, ddid you manage yet to take out the palms?
I have downloaded a 'No Palms Mod', but it hasn't seemed to work.  &mmm

Quote from: Silur on April 02, 2012, 08:37:57 AM
Great Region view  :thumbsup:
I like it ...
Thanks a lot!

Another update.

To start off, Winston Grande has had a new tower added to its skyline. I basically had to have a large office building built sort of on the outskirts of the central area because sims are starting to abandon homes because of long commute time.

This tower stands on a hill northeast of the central area. The rowhomes surrounding the hill and tower are lots I made when I found those charming rowhomes in a BSC prop pack. This hilly area was inspired by those many hilly park areas found in London that provide amazing views of the central area. In case you haven't noticed, I love views.

And here is an image of some development that has gone on on the south-side of the river, across from downtown. I am trying to make a Southwark-looking area here.

Lastly, here is an image of my growing city, now almost 1,500,000 people. If you look in the northwest part of the city where the river curves, you will see Westly Stadium, based off of Wembley in London, also located in the northwest part of the city. I like to post images of my region because many members seem to like the images and I certainly do too. Sorry if it's a bit much.

*Please leave comments or criticism below.
Call me Warren.

cmdp123789

I am loving it... really cool pics... it is getting quite a big city... keep it up!

RickD

The first picture is fantastic. Great location for the tower.
My name is Raphael.

catty

those region shots of yours they are just   &apls  and congrats on making it onto Ben's Top Ten +10  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14211.msg419894#msg419894  very well deserved   :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Kergelen

Nice pictures and really wonderful region shoot.  &apls
I love it!

Links to SC4 websites

WannGLondon

Quote from: cmdp123789 on April 07, 2012, 10:02:58 PM
I am loving it... really cool pics... it is getting quite a big city... keep it up!
Thanks!

Quote from: RickD on April 09, 2012, 07:59:57 AM
The first picture is fantastic. Great location for the tower.
Thanks Raphael, I was a little wary about growing the tower there, but I am glad you approve  :D

Quote from: catty on April 10, 2012, 04:28:52 AM

those region shots of yours they are just   &apls  and congrats on making it onto Ben's Top Ten +10  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14211.msg419894#msg419894  very well deserved   :)
Cathy, you are always the bearer of good news, thanks.  :)

Quote from: Kergelen on April 10, 2012, 06:21:45 AM
Nice pictures and really wonderful region shoot.  &apls
I love it!
Thanks Kergelen!

Another update.

The residencies of glorious Pense.
In this update I am going to show you the different residencies of Pense and give the pros and cons to each homestead. I would also like to ask; Where would you want to live?

Lets start off with some older homes. These row homes were built around the time when Lord Dorchester reigned. They are built by the riverbank and are very cozy and small. Pro: Gardens in the back and view of the river. Con: Walls are so thin you can hear your neighbor's mouse fart.

These quaint rows were built in the early 1800s just north of the central area. This area is actually a quite expensive neighborhood, probably because of the amount of greenery. Pro: Wonderfully decorated homes and ownership of one the rowhomes gives you a key to access your local square. Con: Traffic noise is quite bothersome due to the proximity of the central area.

Next we have some opulent terraces in Lansbury, just west of the central area. Many of Lansbury's squares are open to the public and each terrace provides many rooms and luxuries. Higher floors in the terraces have views of the central area. Pro: Green streets, friendly neighbors and sheer beauty of the buildings. Con: Traffic noise and good luck finding parking!

Now we move to the inner city. These aren't really residencies, but rather dorms for the students at Vecker College. Pro: Amazing views and quick access to all of the central area's delights. Dorms are also right across from Queen Elizabeth Station, with direct access to Callomine Int'l Airport. Con: Loud college students.

Across the river from Vecker College are the Westbourne Projects. Situated adjacent to the lively Primrose-Strand area, these projects were built to house the workers and their families of Pense's many industries. Pro: Strong sense of community, safety has also been at an all-time high in recent years. Con: Traffic noise and litter on the streets.

Here we have some northern Pense terraces. These terraces were built in the early 1900s and are just plain lovely.
Pro: Quiet neighborhood, also recieve your own key to your local square. Some homes also have stunning views of the city. Con: May have to drive to your closest metro station.

Moving towards the suburbs we find these condo complexes in southern Pense. These complexes were built in the 1950s and were originally shunned by the local community. Condos like these have sprung up all over the metro area though, and locals have accepted them. Pro: Great for smaller families, very safe. Con: Very boring environment, far from central area.

Next we have some very modest, medium-size family homes. These homes were built in the 1950s also and have some wonderful ammenities. Pro: Ideal for growing families, your own backyard and garden. Con: You'd better know your address by heart, because there are thousands of these homes all over Pense, so good luck identifying yours.

We then move on to the famous Pense suburban semi's. These homes are perhaps the most popular of Pense families.
Pro: Your own backyard, very safe in most neighborhoods, always a local park nearby. Con: Same as the smaller homes. Also, may be far from the closest metro station.

Moving further out into the suburbs, we find some more modern homes. These homes have become quite popular in recent years, with full amenities and grand design. Great for large families. Pro: Great neighbors, green living and safe areas. Con: Far from the central area.

These suburban terraces are very quaint and lovely. Great for newlyweds or small families. Very popular with retirees.
Pro: Safe environment, large backyards. Con: Bad choice if you are afraid of aged 60+ adults.

These are the Dockton Projects. Built in the 70s for Surrey Wharf's poorer workforce. Pro: Great views of the river and central area. Con: You may not get an apartment with a window. Also, safety is not very high.

Lastly, in Norbold Wood, we have some large tudor mansions. These mansions are a bit on the older side, but are very secluded and gorgeous. Pro: Private, grand and safe. Con: May be far from the closest metro station.

There are some other types of homes located in Pense, but I will present you with those later. You may have seen some in past updates.

But for now, so long!

*Please leave comments or critisism below.
Call me Warren.

RickD

Hmm, I think I would prefer one of the rowhomes in the second pic.  :satisfied: I like living close to the city center.
My name is Raphael.