• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Avenues over capacity glitch

Started by pigtailsboy, February 17, 2008, 09:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigtailsboy

In a city I've recently started has just begun experiencing transit troubles. To alleviate congestion I upgraded a road to an avenue. And just as quickly as I did so the newly laid road went red, over capacity. And what's more all traffic moved to other roads putting them under more stress. When querying the avenues I find low, low numbers, like 27 or 0.

I'd like to know how to fix this.

I'd also like to know why I couldn't send PM's on this site?

jplumbley

I dont know what exacly your issue is because you havent shown pictures of what is happening.  The following link is to a useful Traffic Simulator that may help with your situation.  Before you install the Simulator be sure to read the Help thread that is linked in the description.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1493

Edit : Fixing url ~Wouanagaine~
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

pigtailsboy

I've been reading through that. I considered that still in beta and decided to avoid it.

I felt that my problem might be part of the game it self though?

I can't provide screen shots right now. I'm still trying to work that out.

(EDIT) Thank you for your suggestion. I'll reconsider trying out the simulator again.

Tropod

*Generally speaking*, depending on city size, computer system, traffic modifications used, it may take some time for the game to properly update things like this. This is of course, assuming any set up done works ok.

If on the other hand, the upgrade has caused a bad intersection, or prevent the use of the avenue itself, it may result with the problem or similar you've posted. But, it's only something that can really be better gauge from a picture.

xxdita

For screenshots, I use Gadwin Printscreen, then upload them to Photobucket.

pigtailsboy

I'll try and get them tomorrow. The upgraded areas usually and end at a four way junction of either roads or streets as the game doesn't allow a mix of either when meeting up with an avenue.

Querying buildings around the areas I'm using them shows me that cars and busses deliberately avoid using them and avenues end up being exclusively used by freight. And When I inspect them closely the roadways are clogged with trucks. A newly created community near where I've placed the airport related lots has started to decline due to commute time. So the avenue that covers all exits has cut housing off from most places of work.

Since this isn't the first time I've had this problem I feel this has nothing to do with any file I've downloaded. I don't use avenues that often so I've not had opportunity enough to discover any faults.

vester

Quote from: xxdita on February 18, 2008, 01:04:20 AM
For screenshots, I use Gadwin Printscreen, then upload them to Photobucket.

We are some that uses Irfanview for screencapture. Just press C and then set your favourite key short cut combination.