• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 34 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, December 25, 2015, 02:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooey500

There's probably not an SC4 player out there that doesn't appreciate all you guys have done to enhance this game and you can count me as one of them but I am eager to hear some positive news on the NAM for Mac issue. Hopefully this can be resolved soon. Thanks again for all your efforts.

mgb204

Quote from: fefenc on December 27, 2015, 05:11:00 PM
I could swear that NAM 34 (the one with all that incoming rail stuff) would take another year to get finished, glad it's already out :D

Thanks for all the effort you keep making to improve this awesome game NAM Team  &apls &hlp

I think getting NAM 34 out and continuing with more frequent updates is an important step in the right direction. 2015 marked some low points for the SC4 community, at times I wondered if it wasn't all over. However, I think things have ended positively with two new NAM versions, the advent calendar and what seems to be a flurry of activity. Not to mention a bug fix from out of nowhere, that I don't think anyone ever thought could be fixed (the hovering puzzle pieces over a Transit Enabled lot CTD).

Hopefully this momentum can be continued into 2016.

fefenc

Quote from: mgb204 on December 27, 2015, 10:08:14 PM
Quote from: fefenc on December 27, 2015, 05:11:00 PM
I could swear that NAM 34 (the one with all that incoming rail stuff) would take another year to get finished, glad it's already out :D

Thanks for all the effort you keep making to improve this awesome game NAM Team  &apls &hlp

I think getting NAM 34 out and continuing with more frequent updates is an important step in the right direction. 2015 marked some low points for the SC4 community, at times I wondered if it wasn't all over. However, I think things have ended positively with two new NAM versions, the advent calendar and what seems to be a flurry of activity. Not to mention a bug fix from out of nowhere, that I don't think anyone ever thought could be fixed (the hovering puzzle pieces over a Transit Enabled lot CTD).

Hopefully this momentum can be continued into 2016.
Wow, I didn't expected someone fixing that :0

I'm reinstalling over 4 gigs of mods after formatting my SSD to put windows in it and I lost the plugin folder with the mods installed, but luckilly I've kept all the downloaded plugins in a folder, so it'll take some time to get over the laziness and finish the installation of all that bunch of mods. So I would like to ask whether the eggman's work regarding railroads have been implemented in NAM 34 already :)

Tarkus

eggman121's FlexTrack system was actually implemented already in NAM 33.

-Alex

fefenc

The RRW bridges options are unselectable for me for some reason. I've enabled the RRW, but the bridges are greyed out ()sad()

Tarkus

You may not actually have the RRW selected in that case--it's not selected by default at present, and you'll have to click to expand the "Rail" section under "NAM Networks and Network Expansions".  Checking just now, without the RRW box checked, the RRW Bridges are indeed grayed out, but I have no problem checking the top box and getting all the bridges once the main RRW box is selected.

-Alex

Moses Zal

Thank you so much for everything you've done so far. People like you who likes to help makes the world a better place. I do have a situation.

When I first started playing this game, I was annoyed with the phenomenon of cars fading in and out. So I googled for a solution and downloaded Persistent Automata Mod 2.0 from http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23362-persistent-automata-mod/ . Later on, I encountered other problems so I googled for another solution and that's how I knew about NAM. I installed NAM 34. But now I have the problem of cars fading in and out again. I renamed the three files downloaded from http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23362-persistent-automata-mod/ by placing a capital Z at the beginning of their names and placed them in C:\Users\Moussa\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod. The problem is solved. But I am afraid that I might had created another technical problem that I am not aware about. Is what I did okey?

APSMS

Hi, the automata mod doesn't affect anything other than what you see on the screen; it's purely cosmetic, and doesn't interfere with the simulation of the game or the traffic.

So you are perfectly fine with it installed and working. The NAM's vital components usually don't affect visuals (aside from textures), and the main reason NAM includes an automata mod is to ensure that the automata appear on RHW networks, but since the mod you're using is derived from the NAM, I can't foresee any issues.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

AsimPika3172

I hope next version of NAM will includes Traffic Lights, more LHD, better roundabouts, RHW and PS elevated bridges over water, diagonal bridges over water etc...
I loves Sim City forever!

Tarkus

Well, being involved with the project, and knowing what is going into NAM 35, there will be some minor LHD-related improvements.  There are diagonal bridges already with the Diagonal Bridge Enabler plugin, which uses a workaround of temporary files that drain water and flatten slopes to allow for construction.  There aren't really any new developments related to it, however, nor has there been any bridge-related development of late (Edit: Aside from what mgb204 has mentioned below me).

With the roundabouts, there's some interesting developments in the works, but they won't be part of NAM 35.

Finally, with the traffic lights, we don't really do much in the way of traffic light modding on the NAM Team.  We will, of course, stick them on new intersections, where appropriate and consistent with game functionality, but the Maxis props are rather inflexible, and the phase behavior is hardcoded.

-Alex

mgb204

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on October 27, 2016, 10:31:31 PM
I hope next version of NAM will includes Traffic Lights, more LHD, better roundabouts, RHW and PS elevated bridges over water, diagonal bridges over water etc...

PS has been updated to include 3 new bridges. Level bridges for both L0/L2 MHO (Maxis Highway Override / PS) and diagonal support for the DBE.

There is a reasonable number of LHD pathing improvements. In addition to new LHD support for RHW-3 TuLEPs/Costmetic Pieces. For further ways to improve your LHD experiance, check out this article I made over at ST recently.

AsimPika3172

Thanks! For the future version of NAM, please make ONE WAY HIGHWAY!!! :D
I loves Sim City forever!

Tarkus

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on November 08, 2016, 08:02:58 PM
Thanks! For the future version of NAM, please make ONE WAY HIGHWAY!!! :D

There already is one--the RHW.  That was actually one of the original reasons it was created.

On another note, since NAM 34 is no longer supported, thread closed.

-Alex