• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

That's interesting. You're completely insane. :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vlasky

This really is insane! If you need any assistance, let me know!
I do have one BAT from downtown and adjusting it to fit the map is something I would gladly do.
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

JP Schriefer

That's absolutely fantastic! You're never tired to impress us uh  &apls &apls &apls &apls
I also think the same as Matt.

c.p.

Wow, that's an amazing, incredibly ambitious project :o

praiodan

A mammoth undertaking indeed.  :o This project certainly will amaze us for a long time.  &apls

Simcoug

reddonquixote

I thought I won't let the weekend go by without posting an update, so here's a rather dramatic sweeping view along FDR Drive. I think I've added about 8 new buildings since last time, you might be able to spot some of them... (Alfred E. Smith only counts as one  :D )

Thanks for the nice comments so far. I'm finding it quite fun and satisfying to do this project  :thumbsup:

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

There are so many buildings that I can't identify the new ones D:
All I have to say is that this project is so amazing it can give SC4 one more decade of life '-'

Simmer2

Oh wow! You must have one hell of a powerful video card!! Amazing work  :thumbsup:

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

reddonquixote

Here's a catalogue of the buildings so far:

Current WIP:

Completed Models: - (Click to enlarge)

If you're thinking I've done/ doing all the easy ones first, then you would be right  :D

Nick: Yeah.. I got really good video cards at my last upgrade thinking they would make rendering faster but soon found out rendering is all driven off the RAM. ()sad() On the plus side, I've never had a graphic lag since, even with this many models in one file! Taking longer and longer to open though...

Thanks JP!  ;)

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

praiodan

Can't find words to describe how spectacular this undertaking ist.  :o :-[
Love the Custom House and the Battery Maritime Building in particular!

art128

Now model the interior and create a GTA-like game with this. :D (Am joking)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vlasky

You have left me speechless. I am looking forward to seeing more and hearing your plans regarding this project.

If you need anything, maybe even just to talk about this whole thing, please don't hesitate to get in touch with NYBT - Aaron Graham, PBGV103, Seraf and/or me.
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

mgb204

Wow, certainly a big project there, NY fans are going to love where this goes.

Quote from: reddonquixote on May 29, 2017, 07:59:12 AM
Nick: Yeah.. I got really good video cards at my last upgrade thinking they would make rendering faster but soon found out rendering is all driven off the RAM. ()sad() On the plus side, I've never had a graphic lag since, even with this many models in one file! Taking longer and longer to open though...

Whilst the default rendering does primarily utilise your CPU, it should be possible to offload some CPU cycles onto the GPU. If you have a NVida setup, you should check out their custom mental ray rendering for 3DS Max, which is apparently free. The issue with that is that would be getting BAT4Max to integrate with it, but it's worth a shot perhaps?

bombardiere

Clearly a sign of madness, but I like what you are doing. :D

I would love to mod Battery Building as a functional Ferry Port. The game needs variation.

deora

Wow,this is just Madness!!!Still try to imagine on how hard it would be place this huge Thing on properly scaled Manhattan Map...also wondering how this Behemoth would be aligned to the actual Map.
Most truscale Manhattan Maps for Simcity 4 are aligned parallel to the larger Portion of Streetgrid Manhattan is known for.
Also i know this Behemoth of a Project isn`t nearly finished i wonder how it`s Stats would be...Jobs,Pollution etc :D
Until the Time has come we all can just watch and enjoy how this amazing Project will grow Building for Building &apls &apls

mattb325

Amazing!  &apls

So many ready-made, stand-alone bats in the waiting. I think you are putting the nybt to shame (even when they were at their height of activity)  :D

seraf

Can't even express how great this looks. Wonderful work.  &apls &apls

As Vlasky said - if you want any help with that just ask. I still have my model of Custom House.

Keep up this amazing work  :thumbsup:

911Diva

These are all fantastic!!!!!!  &apls &apls

Girafe

Lot of projects in the pipe  :thumbsup:

Hope to see some released soon  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *