• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Cleanitol TM

Started by wouanagaine, January 22, 2007, 02:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

I have upload the BSC Cleanitol TM tool to the LEX here

It ships with a basic cleanitol file that will move everything not needed by the game on a BSC_Cleanitol folder under your MyDoc\SimCity 4

Press the '...' button on top, and select cleanupList.txt,
Press 'locate' to find if you have unuseful files. It will also tell you if you have the building as props from maxis
Press 'Backup' to actually move the files

Everytime you press backup and if some files need to be moved they will be moved to a subfolder of MyDoc\SimCity 4\BSC_Cleanitol. the subfolder will be named by date/number of time you press on that date
It will also generate a report.html that you can read to see what have moved, and an undo.bat is also generated just in case you want old files to be moved again into your plugins

If you have downloaded latest SimGoober texture pack, you can use this tool with the shipped cleanitol file.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

kalanc69

Hello and thanks for another great program...I am having a little bit of trouble with the program, and I hope you can show me the error of my ways. When I run this program it seems to only scan my folder where the game is installed.. It does not seem to want to scan my plugins that I have installed under my documents on my C drive. Is there something that I am missing? What could I be doing wrong? I am making sure to select the text that came with the program, but am not getting any favorable response. Thanks for your timely consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Kalanc69

wouanagaine

Are you using it under XP ?
Not sure how 'My docs' is handled on Vista, so this may be the bug
Besides that , I don't see why the tool can't get the location of your 'My Docs' on your system

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

NikNik

Wouanagaine, You made a great tool. I queried 28 MB of pics and other rubbish from my files. Thank you for making this tool.

I have 1 question and 1 remark.

Question:
With the ever continuing of updates and dependancy packs from all players around the cleanupList.txt might quickly turn outdated. Will you be updating that file?
I certainly hope you will say yes, and if you do, where will we be able to find the updated list?

Remark:
I do not understand exactly how the dependancy check works. I downloaded Simgoober's pack the other day and in SG comment he stated that BSC Cleanitol TM tool would remove the duplicate files. That it did not and I still ahd to manually remove all the duplicate files. Did I do something wrong or was the assumption SG made a bit too premature?

Nik-Nik

Rayden

@Nik-Nik - From what I have understood, and this is pure guess, as I haven't seen that Simgoober's pack yet, there should be inside the pack a .txt file with all the files paths that should be found and removed. That is that file that you have to run with the Cleanitol Tool. Place that txt file on the same dir of the cleanuplist or browse the folder where it is and run it. Do that before installing the Simgoober's Pack.

NikNik

Quote from: Rayden on January 26, 2007, 04:49:44 AM
@Nik-Nik - From what I have understood, and this is pure guess, as I haven't seen that Simgoober's pack yet, there should be inside the pack a .txt file with all the files paths that should be found and removed. That is that file that you have to run with the Cleanitol Tool. Place that txt file on the same dir of the cleanuplist or browse the folder where it is and run it. Do that before installing the Simgoober's Pack.

AHA, that makes sense indeed!
Now wait a minute if I need to run it before installing (why?) the txt file is still in the zip file isn't it?

Nik-Nik

wouanagaine

What Rayden said, the futurs megapacks will incorporate this kind of file. I hope to come with a quick way to run it from installer, so you even not have to run it yourself, but this is quite tweacking of the installer

However you do not need to run it before installing if not expressly told by the author

As pointed by Vab at pegasus you may try to add the following lines to the default file list
*.rtf
*.doc
thumbs.db
*.gif

New Horizons Productions

Rayden

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 26, 2007, 05:28:50 AM
What Rayden said, the futurs megapacks will incorporate this kind of file. I hope to come with a quick way to run it from installer, so you even not have to run it yourself, but this is quite tweacking of the installer

However you do not need to run it before installing if not expressly told by the author

As pointed by Vab at pegasus you may try to add the following lines to the default file list
*.rtf
*.doc
thumbs.db
*.gif

I've did that already, as soon as I run the program the first time. I had also *.png but took it away as it removes the background files from the main game folder at Program Files. Png files I remove them manually now.

I mentioned removing files before installing the pack, because the other day, I have installed a pack and in the zip file there was only the install file, no readme. After installing the pack, this htm file came up and was written there to remove certain files to avoid duplicates. The problem was that the file list had the same names as the ones freshly installed. So, I ended up erasing the files I had just installed. Lucky, before removing the last one, I looked at the Date Modified and realized the mistake. I had to install the pack again. ;)

dioangel

I've been using the tool.. and LOVING IT!!!  &apls &apls

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Doc

Well, I'm not blind, so I must be a moron, which is probably an easier problem to solve. I installed Cleanitol and launched it after installing from the install menu. Closed it and now I can't find it. Can someone please tell me how to launch it and/or here to find it? (I didn't see it in the plug-in folder and there's no desktop icon)

Thank you. I know the answer is probably really obvious, but I can't see it.
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

wouanagaine

Start Menu->Program Files->SC4 utilities -> Cleanitol

or on your HD, it is under Program Files\BSC Cleanitol

Take care !

New Horizons Productions

Serkanner

I bet that if you used the default folder tree while installing the program will be installed to your "program files" folder and named cleanitol or BSC_cleanitol ... of coruse you could also let windows do a search on your computer for cleanitol ... a third one is to open up the installer againa nd see whta the default installation tree is ...

these were just some suggestions ... good luck.

EDIT: there you have it ... while typing Wouna gave the correct answer ...

Doc

Thank you, Serkanner. The BSC prefix was the key. Appreciate it!
...Doc  aka Doxxp29

shanghai kid

damn, i had 2331 unuseful files.

->kalanc69
have you compressed the files in the plugins folder?

I had the same problem as you, but i removed the compressed folder and put in the original folders again and now it detected a total of 2331 unuseful files, so this might be the problem.

->wouanagaine
Thank you for another great program :thumbsup: &apls
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

Grneyes

Ok, I ran this and got this msg:

*.jpeg not found
*.sav not found
*.gif not found
MISSING : bldgprop_vol1.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://simcity.ea.com/downloads/getfile_pri.php?filename=bldgprop_vol1.dat
MISSING : bldgprop_vol2.dat has not been found, you can download it : http://simcity.ea.com/downloads/getfile_pri.php?filename=bldgprop_vol2.dat
You seem to be missing some dependancies

Where do I download the missing dependencies to?

wouanagaine

Grneyes, you need to follow the links provided and unzip them in your plugins like any other plugins

New Horizons Productions

wild_horse_in_the_sky

wouanagaine,
When I ran the Cleanitol I got this message:wxPython:stdout/stderr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSCBackup.py", line 496, in OnStart
  File "BSCBackup.py", line 251, in process
  File "distutils\file_util.pyo", line 202, in move_file
distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: can't move 'C:\PROGRA~1\Maxis\SIMCIT~2\plugins\': not a regular file
Then it shut down what did I do wrong.

Rayden

I've downloaded the BSC Megapack cleanitol. It's works perfect, but on the results, one of the links to a dependency was wrong. See the pic bellow:

The message is related to BCSProps D66 Vol8, and the link is pointing to Vol7.

The right link is this: http://www.simpeg.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=430

wouanagaine

thx Rayden, I will reupload a version ASAP

wild_horse_in_the_sky, make sure you have the V1.7 like the pic of Rayden shows, else redownload from the LEX. Do you get it from the PCG ?

New Horizons Productions

wild_horse_in_the_sky

Thanks I never update. Have now