• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Convert ploppable to growable.

Started by Stewey, October 01, 2007, 04:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewey

Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I'm doing some cleaning of my landmark menu and I have some ploppables that I would like to have as growables instead and have their icons gone from the menu. I was wondering if anyone can help by posting a pointer to a tutorial or some instructions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Andreas

I was about to convert some ploppables into growables today; I guess I could take some screenshots and write up a short tutorial about that. IIRC, SimGoober once posted a tutorial at ST, but from what I've seen, it hasn't been posted here so far (and it's probably a bit outdated by now, however, I didn't verify that).
Andreas

Andreas

Andreas

RippleJet

Thank you for that great tutorial, Andreas! &apls

Stewey

Quote from: Andreas on October 01, 2007, 07:55:51 AM
As promised, I compiled a tutorial for this purpose: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2550.msg76784#msg76784 :)

Thankyou Andreas, much appreciated.  &apls :)

I do have one more question;

If I have a dat or a lot file that includes both a growable and landmark file, do you only have to delete the exemplar and images that relate to the landmark or is it more complicated than that?

I'm still a newbie to all this stuff, but its fun learning.  :)

RippleJet

Quote from: Stewey on October 01, 2007, 08:51:15 AM
If I have a dat or a lot file that includes both a growable and landmark file, do you only have to delete the exemplar and images that relate to the landmark or is it more complicated than that?

I don't think there is any case where a single file would include both a growable and a ploppable lot of a building, they are always in separate files.

To remove the landmark, delete only the SC4Lot file for the landmark.
This file's name usually contains either "LM" or "PLOP".

Do not delete any SC4Model files, since that one is most probably used by thr growable lot as well.

Andreas

Well, there might be some weird DATs out there where the author put in both ploppable and growable lots, but yes, you can delete the exemplar files and the menu icon that is related to the ploppable if you want to get rid of it.
Andreas

Stewey

Cheers guys, you have been very helpful.  :)