• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omgitskosc

I love it! Would look excellent in those run-down areas of town.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

@matias93 Due to the inherent design of the LODs it is not possible to place props on this lot....nasty clippings will occur. However look below..

@feyss I may add a news stand to complement the vending machines I already placed on the concourse.

There will be 2 versions......and even the one with the roof is designed to show trains without clipping. You can clearly see the automata cross the lot  ;) There is also a path pic showing its functionality. Again, these pics are showing a low res model. Once completed I will render both in full HD glory!

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

AsimPika3172

Awesome!!!  &apls  &apls &apls &apls
We want more!!!  :bnn:  &hlp :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

Andreas

For some reason, the version without roof didn't really convince me, maybe because it looked a bit bare and "run down" (some additional stuff on the platforms etc. might prop it up a bit), but this version with the roof is a beauty alright! The non-HD rendering is perfectly fine, if you ask me, the final result will be lovely for sure. :)
Andreas

Kitsune

My only concern is for some Sim to be going for a Darwin Award on that roof ....  $%Grinno$%
~ NAM Team Member

noahclem

That's a great looking train shed! I hope it will be a separate bat/prop from the rest as I could see a lot of potential in making a large central station with several of those serving as the roof. Having something that nice looking and HD (really nice feature while looking at the HD automata passing underneath) would be an extremely positive development for me. I like the station as assembled here quite a bit too. Might just be the way I imagine things, but it seems like it could look almost nicer spanning a 7.5m deep railway than a 15m. Just a thought, and not backed up by any evidence of it actually being realistic  ::)  Always great to visit the site and catch up what you've been up to!

brick_mortimer

Am I seeing clouds reflecting in the glass  :o :o :o
Nice  :bnn:

Quote from: Kitsune on May 15, 2018, 05:28:00 AM
My only concern is for some Sim to be going for a Darwin Award on that roof ....  $%Grinno$%
He's just washing the the windows ;D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Alan_Waters

Excellent!  &apls &apls &apls
The idea of noahclem to make another station at a depth of 7.5 m is gorgeous. I believe that this project can be developed and made a set of stations of different heights and depths, as well as with zero height. IMO ::)

Gugu3

Great stations Nick! Don't know if it is possible, but I back Noah's idea of a 7.5m station... &apls &apls &apls

huzman

I am getting into the Maxis RR, finding it a little plain, I went hunting for more third party mods and LO! bumped in Simmer2's first thread here. (I had to push back my eyes into their orbits...)
So I loaded a good dozen mods with their unreal dependencies lists.
Alas! NONE of the dependencies files worked. "Corrupted file" or some such.

I'm hoping for some help on this and/or pointers to solve this.
Needless to say that all if Simmer2's RRW pictures are mind bogging.

Merci to all
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

mattb325

I liked the gritty version, but it looks great now it's wearing its top hat  :satisfied:.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone for the likes and replies!

@huzman Corrupted files are a possibility, in that case you must re-download all the dependencies again.

I may create a 7.5 meter version at a latter date. Keep in mind that I will have to start from scratch, the only thing I would be able to use from this model is basically the roof.

However....you guys think a sunken GLR version would have any use? Check it out.
Oh and this model in in full HD glory plus night lights...
You can actually see the automata entering and exiting the lot. Gotta love transparencies...

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

matias93

As I said on ST, really beautiful and useful as a GLR!!!
About the 7.5 metres version, wouldn't be possible to simply shrink the model vertically? Obviously it will result on some amount of distortion, but my gut feeling is that the roof would be enough to make it almost invisible to the untrained eye.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Terring7

Very nice station. I like it better with this roof.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Tyberius06

Really nice work on that, Nick!  &apls &apls &apls
The roof transparency is amazing! GLR version would be awesome too.
Thanks for making this! :)

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

huzman

@simmer2:
(I don't want to invade your lab with my personal woes, so feel free to move this post to wherever it may be.)

I tried to download several lists and got error message.
So I tried to download them individually from the "SM2 Intermodal Terminal (v2)" and got all of them OK.

But I'll be damned if I have to do this to all the lots. On last count they amounted to more than 40 Mo.

thanks for your reply.
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

PaPa-J

Awesome work, I love the reflection of the clouds on the roof.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

feyss

Nice idea for building some premetro network  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you!

Well here is the roof-less version in HD and night lights.
This project will contain 4 stations in total. 2 with roof and 2 without. (2 GLR and 2 train stations)

Here are the last pics.

Simmer2

AsimPika3172

Wow.....  :o  Look a.... REEEEEAAAALLLLL LLLLIIIIFFFE.... underground!!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
I loves Sim City forever!