• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Provo : We're back! 7/4/14

Started by sunv123, December 16, 2012, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

Welcome to Riverton!
About Riverton

Riverton is a fictional city located in the West/Northwestern part of simnation. The place that it is located is on an unusually flat area, but around it is the massive Grand Mountains.
The wide Markham River runs through the region, bringing fertile land next to it, which is a magnificent thing compared to the rocky soil around the mountains. I, for some reason love to hand-craft my regions, so this may not be as good looking as the ones on the LEX and STEX.

About this MD

I have to admit, I am not a very good storyteller, so I will not do any stories like the Winding River Project does. Don't worry though, my main focus on this MD is showing off some of my "talent " in city building, so I hope you enjoy!

So here's my first pic, a shot of Riverton's "downtown".

I'll start this off with a shot on what's to come later.
Thanks for supporting Riverton! :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

vortext

Nice little town, I'm wondering what's being constructed.

Also, you might want to turn the shadows on while taking pictures, looks better imho. Good luck with your MD!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

I recognize that signature :D

Good to see you doing this. I concur with Vortext: turn on shadows, and turn off the grid. Now keep it up ;)

Cheers
Willy

rambuckel

Great to know you started an MD as well :) I'm curious what comes next!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

mrbisonm

Riverton....or River Town.....hm, there surely must be a river near by, right? Hope to see it in the next update, could we also the region? I know, I know, I'm just curious......... Great to see you start a MD. Good luck, I'll keep an eye on this. .)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

noahclem

Welcome to the world of MDing!! Good start and I look forward to seeing where you take it from here  :thumbsup:

sunv123

NOTE: This is not an update, just an announcement.

So I was looking through the STEX for some apparent reason and came upon THIS beauty. (you might like it mrbisonm, it would probably fit good in the winding river.) It looks very nice, though I was planning to make the second update today, I had to bulldoze all of my trees, so that took me awhile. The next update will be postponed until i'm hoping tomorrow. I hope you all have a very nice day. :thumbsup:

Thanks For Supporting Riverton! :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Quote from: sunv123 on December 17, 2012, 06:35:52 PM
(you might like it mrbisonm, it would probably fit good in the winding river.)

lol....just what I thought when I saw this, don't worry, it is already downloaded and will soon be a part of the Winding River Project. ;) Thanks.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

sunv123

We Need A Church!

Almost everywhere, there is a church where citizens are free to practice their religion. But there is no church built in Riverton! The citizens have asked for it, so Benson Tonham got a loan from the bank of Simnation and found this empty lot to build the church that the citizens need.

At the intersection of Kansas Avenue and Worth Street, there is an empty lot that serves as a little parking lot and sometimes a hangout place.

A few weeks later, construction begins.

In about a week, the main construction crews come in.

Finally, the church is done and ready for the Sims to use.

Replies

Quote from: vortext on December 16, 2012, 12:53:03 PM
Nice little town, I'm wondering what's being constructed.

Also, you might want to turn the shadows on while taking pictures, looks better imho. Good luck with your MD!  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the tip, I Do scorn myself for not being fully prepared for this. Just first time jitters I think. I capture updates A week earlier, so you still won't see shadows on this one. You DEFIANTLY will see them in the next update. ;)

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 16, 2012, 04:21:47 PM
I recognize that signature :D

Good to see you doing this. I concur with Vortext: turn on shadows, and turn off the grid. Now keep it up ;)

Cheers
Willy
Thanks! Like I said to vortext, just first time jitters. Hope you keep on coming! ;D

Quote from: rambuckel on December 16, 2012, 04:37:00 PM
Great to know you started an MD as well :) I'm curious what comes next!
Thanks, I looked at all of the other MDs here and I thought, I have to start one, so here I am! :)

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 16, 2012, 08:04:24 PM
Riverton....or River Town.....hm, there surely must be a river near by, right? Hope to see it in the next update, could we also the region? I know, I know, I'm just curious......... Great to see you start a MD. Good luck, I'll keep an eye on this. .)

Fred
Markham River is not exactly "Close" to Riverton, maybe a quarter of a mile away. Like I said, I handcraft my regions, so you won't really be seeing that until later. Thanks for visiting! :thumbsup:

Quote from: noahclem on December 17, 2012, 01:19:26 AM
Welcome to the world of MDing!! Good start and I look forward to seeing where you take it from here  :thumbsup:
Thanks! I hope to see you again! ;D

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 18, 2012, 09:32:00 AM
Quote from: sunv123 on December 17, 2012, 06:35:52 PM
(you might like it mrbisonm, it would probably fit good in the winding river.)

lol....just what I thought when I saw this, don't worry, it is already downloaded and will soon be a part of the Winding River Project. ;) Thanks.

Fred
That's great! Hope to see it in full action. ;D

VG1000

looking good...
can't wait to see what's next. :)

sunv123

Highway 103 Part 1:

Highway 103 is fairly important route in the Riverton Area. It starts at downtown Riverton and goes all the way to Kingston down south. First, we start off at downtown Riverton, the start and end of this highway.
In half a mile, we reach the small village of Jake's point. All you can really do there is eat at the small Mexican restaurant there. Their tacos taste pretty good.
Keep on driving for another mile and you will reach Notts Creek. There is plenty of fish here, so you will always catch something. There is a small beach beach there where you can go snail hunting or just relax.
You won't have to travel far from there to reach Notts, where you can shop for their famous snail soup. It's easier to eat if you close your eyes.
Turn Right at the intersection at Notts and you will reach Interstate 2, where we will be heading in part 2!

Replies
Quote from: VG1000 on December 18, 2012, 04:01:32 PM
looking good...
can't wait to see what's next. :)
Thanks for stopping by! What is next? You just saw it right there. ;)

Swordmaster

Yikes! Glad I ate before reading this.

A bit of building repetition you still have to deal with. Nice interchange ;)

Cheers
Willy

sunv123

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 20, 2012, 05:48:53 PM
Yikes! Glad I ate before reading this.

A bit of building repetition you still have to deal with. Nice interchange ;)

Cheers
Willy
You don't like the taste of Snails? :D I'll work on it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry guys, but it seems like Riverton has gotten Prop pox, so i'll have to develop a new city in it's place. You won't be seeing any pics of Riverton for a awhile, so Kingston will be what you guys are going to see for the next couple of updates. I'm so mad about prop pox. :bomb:
- sunv123

Part 2 will come later today.

noahclem

I also think the interchange is very well made. Nice tour and save some snails for me  ;)  And some Mexican food of course. Best of luck with your new project  :thumbsup:

sunv123

Merry Christmas!

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and hope that you'll have a happy new year! :thumbsup:

(For Noah: Sorry, but Hugo isn't first in line. Blitzen got sick from the cold, which I have right now and HATING IT. So that means that Hugo took the place for him. Good enough, right?)

Replies

Quote from: noahclem on December 26, 2012, 02:28:49 PM

I also think the interchange is very well made. Nice tour and save some snails for me  ;)  And some Mexican food of course. Best of luck with your new project  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the encouragement. I really helps a lot! :) Snails and tacos are coming up. There you go.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Comments are extremely welcome. It gives me the strength to run this. Say whatever you want. Just not too negative. Thanks. ;D

dedgren

Heh!  Great card!

The prop pox impacting your work is a real bummer.  Hopefully it will be just one of those random things and never hit you again.  Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metarvo

You're making me hungry!  Where I'm at, every town of any size has at least one Mexican restaurant, and normally more.  It's really too bad about the prop pox, though.  I hope you're able to build a new city that will be even better, although it will be hard since Riverton was very good.

The Christmas card looks good, Sunv123!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Swordmaster

Sorry to hear this. Do you know how it happened? Anything specific you did that might have caused it?

Cheers
Willy

Kergelen

Oh no, prop pox :thumbsdown:
I never get it but I regularly make backups because I'm afraid of it.

Like the interchange on the previous update :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites