• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Quote from: art128 on September 20, 2012, 09:04:52 AM
Quote from: Terring7 on September 20, 2012, 06:07:43 AM
However I think there is a little mistake in the last picture with the T road intersection

Indeed, he used the Tram in road T transition to Tram instead of tram in road..
Oh no! I didn't even know there was a difference but now that you point it out...  %wrd But rest assured, it will be corrected right now.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

vortext

Erm, you call this a teaser huh?!  ??? :D

Anyhow I like it, very nice usage of GLR indeed and great choice of BATs as well!

Looking forward to a 'proper' update.  ;)  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Pretty awesome "teaser"  :D

I'm really glad you got your stuff back together, it sounds like you went through a lot of work that doesn't sound too fun. The pictures look like the recovery went really well. Any chance of the wide road in 27.3 & 27.5 turning into a Siilijoki-style TIA-6? It seems like a good spot for it and I'd be happy to share all my sloppy lots I use with you.

Anyway, very nice and if this is a teaser.....

Kergelen

Fantastic "teaser". Many great details like the bus station, the tram and the market. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

wallasey

Wow! I am stunned with these images...there is so much cohesion and integration between the transit and attractor points such as the markets etc.

Well done! Looking forward to seeing more!

sim_link

This teaser is bigged than some of my updates. :P Seriously, though, nice work! :)

Schulmanator

Great details and very nicely done!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

Teaser Time !  ;D your modern city rail look cool  :satisfied: But the heavy railway is awesome  ()stsfd() Fantastic pictures again

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

solsystem

threestooges

I always enjoy good rail shots. Also good to hear that the puzzle piece has been replaced. Happy birthday Raphael!

MTT9

Happy birthday Raphael!!! Empire Bay is starting to look like a real city  :thumbsup:
You can call me Matt

benedict

Congratulations - you're back at number one on BTT.

I love the tram network - feels perfect here.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Congratulations and a belated Happy Birthday Raphael!!

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice teasers Raphael ! :)
I love everythink in thoose pictures, tram, buildings, market... Looks very nice !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

RickD

Grand Terminal

The train has quickly become the most popular means of travel into and out of the region. It is significantly faster and much cheaper than taking the ship.
It is a golden age for the Empire & Kinbasket Railroad Company. But shadows are looming on the horizon. A highway to Simnation is already under construction and several commercial airlines have shown interest in flying into Empire Bay. Plans for an airport are indeed discussed by the Empire Planning Comission.

The old E&K Railroad Station has always been only an interim solution with the tracks abruptly ending at Dock Road due to bad planning. The tracks were supposed to continue through the town center and connect to the dock rail. But the right of way had already been built over when the railroad arrived in Empire Bay.

The small station with only one platform and two tracks can not handle the amount of trains and passengers any more.

A new, large terminus station will be constructed on this empty lot at Broadway and Railroad Avenue. The land already belongs to the E&K Railroad Company.

One issue, though, is the rail line which currently continues westward over Broadway. It cannot be removed because it leads to the docks and is used by several freight trains a day. Additionaly the Simlantic Traction Company operates a passenger shuttle service on the tracks. This is Empire Bay's first public transit, by the way.

It is expected that the new station will boost demand in the area. The Empire Planning Comission has zoned the surroundings of the new station for urban renewal. They hope to establish another business district south of Old Town.

Now let us fast forward a few years.

The Grand Terminal Station is in full operation and the redevelopment of the district around it has been a huge success, exceeding even the most optimistic expectations.

The mainline is approaching from the east along Railroad Avenue.

Apparently Simnation's trains are not only a crude mix from all over the world but they also seem to have some extremely advanced train technology for the time.   ???

The new station has 9 platforms for 16 tracks.

I am getting more and more familiar with the Lot Editor. I created some lots of my own to make the area in front of the station more interesting. I know that there is still much potential for improvements especially when it comes to realism. So please consider this as a work in progress.

The railline to the docks passes under the new station. So, technically, it isn't really a terminus, is it?

The Grand Terminal is the cities main transportation hub.

The intersection of Railroad Avenue and Broadway. The station is located at the main east-west and north-south thoroughfares.

The old station has not been torn down yet, even a short stretch of tracks still remains. Its future is undecided. It is sitting on expensive real estate but a group of railroad enthusiasts wants to preserve the historic building and turn it into a museum.

In the next update I will show you how the area around the station has developed.

Replies:

Jeroentje, epicblunder, Terring7, Kergelen, wallasey, sim_link, Schulmanator, Dantes, solsystem, threestooges, emmotic, benedict, Ol.S / Benoit:
Thank you so much for the nice comments and birthday wishes. :)

Quote from: art128 on September 20, 2012, 09:04:52 AM
Looks like Empire bay is entering our modern ages! :)
Not really. I just suck at making old cities.  ::)

Quote from: vortext on September 20, 2012, 10:27:12 AM
Erm, you call this a teaser huh?!  ??? :D
Uh, err ... taking a second look, I guess it qualifies as an update. I tend to go overboard with the amount pictures.  ::)
Anyhow I like it, very nice usage of GLR indeed and great choice of BATs as well!

Looking forward to a 'proper' update.  ;)  :thumbsup:
Thank you. :)

Quote from: noahclem on September 20, 2012, 01:28:37 PM
Pretty awesome "teaser"  :D

I'm really glad you got your stuff back together, it sounds like you went through a lot of work that doesn't sound too fun. The pictures look like the recovery went really well. Any chance of the wide road in 27.3 & 27.5 turning into a Siilijoki-style TIA-6? It seems like a good spot for it and I'd be happy to share all my sloppy lots I use with you.

Anyway, very nice and if this is a teaser.....
Thanks, Noah. Yep, a TIA-6 is indeed planned there. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nas-t

Great update again. I like the station's forecourt with the tram and the bus and taxi stop - reminds me a bit of Frankfurt/Main  :thumbsup:

art128

Wow, now that's some big change in this area!

I like what you did around the newly creates stations. It all looks great! And I do agree with the railroad enthusiasts, a train museum could be great!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great update Raphael  &apls  You've done an outstanding job with the rails in Empire Bay. Now I'm getting curious about the highways and hinted at for the future....

Jeroentje

I really like your way of showing us the Empire Bay development. Great use of the railroads in combination with your other infrastructure projects!
Thanks for this interesting and RL based story!!  :thumbsup: