• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Great work with the mine and the STR. I like the bridge and the harbor :)

Links to SC4 websites

DaveN

10.5, 10.7 and 10.8 it's brilliant. Great job with STR.

rooker1

5 page of great updates has brought you to this milestone of more than 100 replies!
Congrats from the SC4D Staff for making it to The Best Sellers section!!
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Great update, I love the STR  &apls

There's one curve that would use a wide-radius piece, but the nice thing about STR is that is can look just fine without wide-radius pieces. A big congrats on reaching the best sellers (again)  ;D  :thumbsup:

MTT9

Congrats on getting to the Best Sellers!!!  :thumbsup:
You can call me Matt

RickD

Totally unexpected for me, Empire Bay has made the jump from Recently Published to Bestsellers! I didn't even keep track of the postcount so I was pleasantly surprised. ;)
Many thanks to all who have commented. :thumbsup:

Expanding the Harbor

More and more material is needed in the region and mineral exports are rising at an incredible rate. Most goods are going through the harbor on Empire Island where they are unloaded from the large ocean ships and put onto smaller ones for distribution all around the region or in storage. The harbor is currently operating over capacity. New docks and warehouses are badly needed.

Empire Bay at a population of 10.508 people.

Work on the new docks starts right away. Soil from digging out the basin is used to reclaim land and for straightening the coastline.

Overview of the finished new harbor docks and warehouses.

The grain dock. The region is still largely dependend on food supplies from the outside. Here the grain is unloaded, stored and processed in the flour mill.

With World War I on the horizon, the Simnation Navy has stationed a battleship in the region to protect the strategically important resources.

The bulk cargo dock and storage.

And here is the coal dock.

The entrance to the inner harbor.

The old harbor basin to the left, the new inner harbor is to the right.

There are already expansion plans for the now still empty areas.

Firefly Island is a small island a few miles off the coast.

A lighthouse has been built here to guide the arriving ships into the bay.

Overview of Empire Bay (population: 10,508) with the new docks.

Next on Empire Bay:
The Empire & Kinbasket Railroad is beginning a huge project.
It will probably take me a while to post the next update. It is a really big project and I am on a business trip for the most of the week. Please be patient. ;)

Replies:

apeguy, Battlecat, nbvc, ladybug, bat, ricardomiranda, kbieniu7, Kergelen, DaveN, emmotic:
Thank you all for the great support and bringing my MD to Best Sellers.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on March 23, 2012, 04:51:53 AM
5 page of great updates has brought you to this milestone of more than 100 replies!
Congrats from the SC4D Staff for making it to The Best Sellers section!!
Woohoo! Achievement unlocked!  ;D

Quote from: noahclem on March 23, 2012, 01:13:41 PM
Great update, I love the STR  &apls

There's one curve that would use a wide-radius piece, but the nice thing about STR is that is can look just fine without wide-radius pieces. A big congrats on reaching the best sellers (again)  ;D  :thumbsup:
Thanks! I have used wide radius curves where it was easily feasible. I, too, think that the standard curves are ok for STR. Especially because I tried to create a historic mining railroad. In reality it would probably be narrow gauge.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nas-t

wow- very nice port, very realistic! &apls &apls &apls

you have to cancel your business trip, can't wait for the big railway project  :D

apeguy

Another excellent update, the new docks make a fine addition to Empire Bay. :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing these new railroad developments. ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

noahclem

Awesome job with the harbor  &apls  I've never succeeded in making a nice-looking seaport so I envy you  ;)

Good luck on the business trip, come back soon  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Congrats, Your new place in the bestsellers section is very well deserved!
And this new harbour looks fantastic, especially i like Your selection of buildings. And what You did under water is spectacular but i suspect this will change if more ships and industries will use this place and pollute the water. But for now it´s only great!
Greetz, Carl

WannGLondon

Harbor looks awesome Raphael, truly an inspiration. Congratulations on making it to Best Sellers too!  :)
Call me Warren.

bat

Nice work on the harbor. Also wonderful overview of it. The small island is great, too. :)

FrankU

Hi Rick,

I have made quite some harbours in the past, so I recognize almost all props. You make really beautiful lots with these NOB and Bri-Pizza sheds and warehouses.  &apls
Your harbour has a good atmosphere. To make it even more realistic it could be an idea to add a lot of small rubbish props on the lots, like old tires, broken things, sacks, trash, boxes, rubble, etc.

I'm looking forward tot the next updates.

ladybug

Aaron Graham

I like the look of the industrial area. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Framly

Great work Raphael :thumbsup:

I really like your Harbor and the development around..very promising ;)

Keep it on!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

io_bg

Great job on the port expansion! Also congrats on making it to the Best sellers! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Nice expansion work there, Rick! the new docks are superb. I am curious to know when we'll see some bigger road/buildings in this town. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Knosith

You have wonderful pictures, may I ask how you do your borders?  It makes the pictures look so much nicer than the straight edge.

Knosith

RickD

Previously on Empire Bay:
In the Middle Ages the region served as a retreat for King William Tygard I. and his followers after he was defeated by his arch rival, Lord Rupert of Courmore, in the great battle of Eruwan.

Three Seasons

Sorry guys, this is not the railway update I had promised. I had no time to complete the project. Instead I would like to introduce two major changes to the region.

I have switched my Terrain Mod from Meadowshire to Lowkee's Appalachian Mod. I think this fits the setting much better. I want to picture a rough, cold, and wet climate. The colorful Meadowshire Mod did not convey this. Lowkee's Mod does a much better job there.
But it also means I have to replant almost all trees because the highly saturated Cycledogg trees do not fit in anymore. I take this opportunity for getting serious with seasonal flora.

I still need to get more familiar with the new terrain and flora, but I think the first results are not too bad.  ()stsfd()
Let me know what you think.

Summer

Fall

Winter

Summer

Fall

Winter

Summer

Fall

Winter

Castle Frosthelm, abandoned for a hundred years. But soon the peace will be disturbed by iron dragons thundering past on their tracks of steel.

Next on Empire Bay:
The infamous railway update - now really::)

Replies:

apeguy, noahclem, WannGLondon, bat, ladybug, Aaron Graham, Framly, io_bg:
Thank you all for the great comments. :)

Quote from: nas-t on March 26, 2012, 05:46:55 AM
wow- very nice port, very realistic! &apls &apls &apls

you have to cancel your business trip, can't wait for the big railway project  :D
I'm sorry, you have to wait for the next update.  &mmm But thanks for the compliments.  :)

Quote from: carlfatal on March 26, 2012, 04:26:57 PM
Congrats, Your new place in the bestsellers section is very well deserved!
And this new harbour looks fantastic, especially i like Your selection of buildings. And what You did under water is spectacular but i suspect this will change if more ships and industries will use this place and pollute the water. But for now it´s only great!
Greetz, Carl
Thanks, Carl. Yes, I guess pollution is inevitable at the harbor.

Quote from: FrankU on March 27, 2012, 02:29:04 AM
Hi Rick,

I have made quite some harbours in the past, so I recognize almost all props. You make really beautiful lots with these NOB and Bri-Pizza sheds and warehouses.  &apls
Your harbour has a good atmosphere. To make it even more realistic it could be an idea to add a lot of small rubbish props on the lots, like old tires, broken things, sacks, trash, boxes, rubble, etc.

I'm looking forward tot the next updates.
Thanks, this is a great compliment coming from you. There is definitely room for improvement. I am still overwhelmed by the amount of props available and I can't always find the ones I would like to have. But the NUTS list is extremely helpful there.

Quote from: art128 on March 28, 2012, 07:57:12 AM
Nice expansion work there, Rick! the new docks are superb. I am curious to know when we'll see some bigger road/buildings in this town. :)
Hehe, this is what you all are waiting for, eh?  :D I looked in my crystal ball and saw some big changes to the town right after the railway update(s). ;)

Quote from: Knosith on March 30, 2012, 06:28:39 PM
You have wonderful pictures, may I ask how you do your borders?  It makes the pictures look so much nicer than the straight edge.

Knosith
Actually, it is a filter provided by my graphics program "Gimp" (give it a try, it is free ;) ). I don't know what the filter it is called in the english version. Probably something like "fuzzy border".
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)