• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Making a river

Started by deanva, August 01, 2010, 07:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

What would be the best way using terraformer to make a river for a city? I seems that the god menus have valleys or canyons but the top edges always have the hump of earth, never flat. If you try to flatten the humps out it usually pushes the side of the river I made back out into the river which I do not want to happen. Any suggestions? Pegasus has the pond kit III, but for curves in the river I could only make 90 degree turns (he has 1 tile wide streams with good curve making), but nothing for wider rivers.

MutantPlatypus

Use ploppable water.  I use Pegasus' because it works well on slopes, whereas the transparent ploppable water doesn't.  Its in the PPond Kit (for Ploppable Pond, I think).  Diggis' Pond system interfaces well with several canals.

Also, have you tried resizing the brushes?  Use SHIFT+[number] to size the brush.  For example, SHIFT+1 will give you a brush that typically effects just one square.  Using that with the leveling tool might work to get rid of those bumps.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus