• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Kingdom of Illium [AIN] | INSC Launch #117

Started by daTSchikinhed, July 18, 2014, 09:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daTSchikinhed

First and foremost, I'm daTSchikinhed (you can just call me daTS or Anthony), and many of you may know me from Simtropolis and/or the Alliance of Independent Nations forums. I'm broadening my horizons, and also coming over from SC4D. This is my primary country, and I've had her for going on four years now. She's a part of the Alliance of Independent Nations, and actively roleplaying in the AIN world. :)

Several of the images are larger than 800px, so I'll post those images as links instead of posting them here.

National Information
Nation Name (Longest Official Form): Her Majesty's Kingdom of Illium
Nation Name (Common Form): Illium Kingdom
National Anthem: Starfall
----Written by Elias Sariah III in 1625
----**Modified by Lord Thomas Bergeron and adopted 2011
National Motto: Peace through Supremacy

Capital: Illium City
Largest City: New Dallas
Government: Limited Absolute Monarchy (by definition, the Queen has Absolute power, but the Upper and Lower Houses have some veto power)
Head(s) of State:
- Her Majesty Queen Skylar Elizabeth Sariah (Queen) Image Link
- Prime Minister Lady Jacqueline Marie Pierre-Claud (Civilian Head Minister)
- Defense Minister Lord Dominik Zietzev II (Civilian Military Head)
- Joint Chief of Staff Admiral Alex A. Spoor, Commander all Illium Armed Forces
- Foreign Relations Minister Lord Angus Feros McTavish
Official Language: Illian English (A dialect of Scottish English)
Recognized National Languages: Gaelic & French
Population: 32,586,664 (Internal Census, December 2013)
Area: 2,275,853 km2
Climate: North: Subtropical, Central Mountains, Southern Plains with extreme southern ends having cold-antarctic blasts in winter.
GDP 2013 estimate
- Total: $1.191 Trillion
- Per capita: $36,543
HDI: 0.901
Drives on the: Right
Time Zone: UTC +5
DST Time Zone: UTC +6 (Illium is the only other country aside from the United States that observes Daylight Savings Time)
Internet TLD: .ilm .igov .imil .iedu
(Illium uses non-traditional domain identifiers in an attempt to make website representation more recognizable)
Telephone Code: +35

Her Majesty's Kingdom of Illium's National Flag

Coat of Arms

Maps of the Kingdom

Economic Breakdown by ProvinceMajor Natural Resources: Metals such as Iron, zinc and ore, the diamond mines of Morningstar Island, some timber and oil/LNG from offshore wells.
Major Import/Export Partners (non AIN): Australia, China, Oceanic Countries and the United States
Main Industries by Province:
- Dallas Province: Mostly a service-based economy, with limited industrial capability. AIN Alliance Embassy Complex located in New Dallas as wel as most of Illium-based big-box retailers' headquarters and distribution centers. SIU (Southern Illium Utilities) based from Ruegenhoek in the midwestern Dallas Province
- Capitol Province: Mostly Agricultural with heavy industry (including Greystone Industries Headquarters) in the southern end of the province.
- Helios Province: Large agriculteral base, but as the southern Serenity Range sits in the Helios Province, large amounts of Timber and resort locations can be found here, as well as a few uranium mines.
- Serenity Province: Mining of the Serenity Mountain Ranges provides a lucrative metals export business, such as Iron, Zinc, Aluminium, and Platinum as well as some heavy metals. Together, the Helios and Serenity Provinces provide around 80% of Illium's natural resources
- Callia Province: Mostly a provider of major heavy industries including all three of the auto manufacturers based out of Helium. Callia (city) offers a massive port complex for trade ships in the Indian Ocean. Vast pockets of LNG sit beneath Callia's western shoreline.
- Morningstar Islands: Huge tourism industry, with another major in the protected harbor city of Queen's Landing. Morningstar Island sits on Kergulean II Subcontinent's continental shelf, directly on top of one of the world's largest oil deposits. Mining can be difficult as the West Australian Current brings cold antarctic waters and constant swells ranging from 15 to 25 meters to the southern and eastern portions of the Islands, which happen to be the richest

National History
You can find the complete history HERE, at the AIN Wiki. I won't bore you with a wall of text here ;)

And now, to the best part! PICTURES!

Callia City CBD at Night

Don't click. Full size photo went missing :(

As you can see, I have a knack for nighttime Skylines

Oversized Images, MUST SEE!!
Grid-busting neighborhood Copperas Cove
Young International Airport

I do quite a bit of 3D work, too.

Illium City: Host of the 2014 Alliance Games!

Click for larger image!

The Capitol City Showcase: Illium City

Click for larger image!

The Alliance Embassy Complex (with Custom Made Alliance monument!)

and the Latest news story

Nanami

Nice to see you here! Lovely pictures and glad to heard the new host of AIN Games... hopefully this year wont be like last time hosted by Karasem which halted in the midway...

Gugu3

vortext

Wow!  :o Now this is a fantastic first entry!!  &apls

From the coats of arms, to the maps, newspaper and of course stunning and subtly photo-shopped mosaics: everything is just excellent! Very curious to see more!   :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

daTSchikinhed

Ladies and Gentlemen, Her Majesty welcomes you back to the Kingdom of Illium, where an unprecedented mission is taking place. The brave men and women aboard this shuttle are on the first manned trip to Mars. They will rendezvous with the Mars Transport Spacecraft (MTS) in orbit around the Earth, then embark on their 13 month mission to survey and, should conditions permit, possibly land on Mars. 

They'll launch this evening from the White Falls Space Center in northeastern Callia Province. 

Well, the time has arrived. Mission is a go. The Illium National Space Contingency has just launched it's 117th mission to Space. Enjoy the view, ladies and gentlemen. 

romualdillo

Great cities and rural areas!! The launch site looks very interesting!!  :thumbsup: