• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Changing the config.bmp

Started by bwatterud, February 09, 2007, 04:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwatterud

I have an already developed region (the default San Francisco if it's important) and I want to change the config.bmp.  I would be changing four medium city tiles into one large one.  None of the cities that would be effected by the change are developed.  Would just editing the config.bmp change the region configuration in the game?  Would any of the other cities in the region be effected? 

jplumbley

Hi Bwattarud,

Well, the only way that I know of that you can change a config.bmp for a map that has been created and saved in SC4 is by doing the following.  Note: This requires SC4TF.

To change the config.bmp for a map.

1. Open SC4TF and open your region.
2. Save it as and SC4M file.
3. Close SC4TF
4. Open the region folder for this region.  Edit the config.bmp to your liking.  And make sure that the config.bmp is the only file in the region folder.
5. Open SC4TF and open the blank region you just created with your new config.bmp
6. Now Import your SC4M file you created before changing the config.bmp
7. File->Save
8. Enter SC4 and play away!

Hope this is helpfull bwatterud.

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

wouanagaine

Will not work for a developped region :(

however you can do almost what jp said

1. Open SC4TF and open your region.
2. Save it as and SC4M file.
3. Close SC4TF
4. Open the region folder for this region.  Edit the config.bmp to your liking.  And make sure that the config.bmp is the only file in the region folder. delete only the city you want to remove/merge
5. Open SC4TF and open the blank region you just created with your new config.bmp
5.b lock every city that you don't want to change
6. Now Import your SC4M file you created before changing the config.bmp
7. File->Save
8. Enter SC4 and play away!

EDIT : you will however have to enter the neigbors cities of the new ones to make the simulator aware of the change

PS : MOST IMPORTANT THING => DO A BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jplumbley

LOL... I missed the "developed" part.

Thanks for catching my mistake wou!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM