• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to build a light rail network?

Started by keithsed, January 31, 2007, 02:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithsed

Hi:

I understand the new NAM has included a light rail (tram) feature.  How do get the feature to show up in SC4? I've downloaded the new NAM twice and I cannot find it. The train button only brings up the rail system.  Grrrr.

I've looked at the read me files and the found the section on light rail puzzel pieces.  It reads like it should be showing on the menu button.  Has anyone had problems with this?

Thanks.

Keith

Frankie

It's under miscellanious transportation; i.e. the menu with bus stops; subway, ect. It's the top tool i do believe..and remember to use the TAB key to cycle the different puzzle pieces...

(yes yes my spelling is horrible; please ignore the typ0s)

keithsed

Yup, I found it.  Now to get it laid down and working. 

Thanks.

Keith

Fledder200

one tip: save every time you use the GLR tracks....you can have a desk top crash, if you hover it above a TE lot!!
( i know...happend about 87757697697 times to me :( )

and a other tip...if you have to cross a road...dragg the road first and then plop the road/rail intersection!! otherwise the roads wil not connect! :)

and...be sure to enjoy this masterpiece!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

keithsed

I've been looking for a small LGR depot to start and end the line, but haven't found one.  Do you have any suggestions or can point me to a good one?

Thanks for the tip.  I'll remember it. 

Keith

Fledder200

On simtrop you have a small depot by fukuda -------------> Here!

and there is the BSC one...a bit larger but more real like (imho)! made by Vester_DK!  ------------------> Here!

i hope you can find what you want! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

keithsed

:thumbsup: Thanks a lot. 

They are just what I was looking for.

Have you built a light rail network?  If so would you care to share a few pictures? 

Thanks for the links.

Keith