• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Consumption of CPU (not the whole pc) depends mainly on the thickness of the conductors, which is on the latest i7 series - I think - 14 nanometers, which means roundabout 90 silicon atoms. Which means you own a true wonder of technology. To make conductors of a diameter of 90 atoms you need really sophisticated tools, you can't do this on a wooden workbench.

Most probably your new cpu being more powerfull doesn't mean necessarily to need more current. If every electric device would be as efficient as your cpu, some energy companies would go bust.

Or - if you compare how much light is created with 200 watts using light bulbs and how much fun is created with 200 watts, playing games on PC - to me PC is the absolute winner regarding efficiency.

[EDIT] Or - even worse - compared with ancient times, where they needed much bigger devices to run their games to have some fun - as there was no 14 nm technology:

So if Nero would come back on earth and you'd show him a pc, he probably would ask: and where do I put the gladiators in? And if you can't run gladiators on it, he would strongly doubt, you can have fun with this PC-thing (Privat Circus?).

It seems incompatibility is the price you have to pay for the progress of civilization.

BTW. Isn't it CIV III, where you have to fight tanks with mediaval knights - if you don't upgrade your technology in time?

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on April 12, 2018, 02:48:47 AM
BTW. Isn't it CIV III, where you have to fight tanks with mediaval knights - if you don't upgrade your technology in time?

Yes it is, one has to carefully upgrade with computer players and others to be on the same ladder of evolution as everyone else. But Knights Can win against tanks sometimes. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Quote from: brick_mortimer on April 10, 2018, 01:01:47 PM
Glad you got your new computer up and running.
And good luck with your upcoming heart intervention :thumbsup:

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 09, 2018, 12:52:33 PM
...nor does Civ III...
Ah, another soul who still plays Civ III in 2018  :bye:

I actually play Civ 2 now and then. And the original Quake that dates form 1996, if I am correct....

brick_mortimer

Quote from: FrankU on May 14, 2018, 08:14:15 AM
...And the original Quake that dates form 1996, if I am correct....
Marathon (anno 1994*), I win $%Grinno$%

Sorry to derail this thread, I couldn't resist ::)

(albeit the Aleph One version that runs on a modern pc, I don't own a early 90's Macintosh :P)
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

FrankU

Quote from: brick_mortimer on May 14, 2018, 02:47:22 PM
...And the original Quake that dates form 1996, if I am correct....
Marathon (anno 1994*), I win $%Grinno$%

Sorry to derail this thread, I couldn't resist ::)

(albeit the Aleph One version that runs on a modern pc, I don't own a early 90's Macintosh :P)

I would like to play Civ1 again, juts for the fun of it (and the fact that I made a Dutch translation), but I can't get it unpacked from my archive. It was written in four floppy's and should be unpacked from floppy. But I have no disk-station anymore (who does these days?). And then again: how to get it running on WIN whatever past XP? Pity actually...

fantozzi

For Ms-Dos based games (Civ1?) there's an emulator called DosBox. This emulator f.e. is used on archive.org https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_games

But now we're running really far of topic.

Time, mrbisonm shows some new renders, I guess?

Jack_wilds

Quote from: brick_mortimer on April 10, 2018, 01:01:47 PM
Glad you got your new computer up and running.
And good luck with your upcoming heart intervention :thumbsup:

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 09, 2018, 12:52:33 PM
...nor does Civ III...
Ah, another soul who still plays Civ III in 2018  :bye:

was it really that long ago?!!  ???   

man, that sucks...

why time has to be so weird   

I have no idea   &mmm

I actually play Civ 2 now and then. And the original Quake that dates form 1996, if I am correct....

Kitsune

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 12, 2018, 06:41:06 AM
Quote from: fantozzi on April 12, 2018, 02:48:47 AM

Yes it is, one has to carefully upgrade with computer players and others to be on the same ladder of evolution as everyone else. But Knights Can win against tanks sometimes. ;)

Fred

I was playing CIV VI today and took out a knight with a nuclear submarine. Some things just never change in CIV  :D
~ NAM Team Member

jmelvin

Just curious. When MFP1 is released, will it include a prop pack with various implements? I think I remember Fred mentioning at one time that he had done some models for things like tractors, machinery, wagons,  disc harrows, plows, rockgatherer, seeders, more wagons, drainage layers, Harvesters, etc. If help is needed to put together props (including timed items) I am willing to help.

I'm hoping there's something in there that acually looks like a plow (maybe even a multi-bottom plow). manure spreader, balers (for small bales and round bales). I never figured out how to do 3d modeling but I can turn models into props.

Plus, the game could use some items like timed sickle bars for mowing hay. There have been several field types issued where some of the middle timed stages could be made into alfalfa and other hay that show some actual height. I'm still looking for something that could be me made into a multi-stage soybean field that actually leads up to a ripe field that covers the whole 16m x 16m tile without leaving a grid effect.

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmelvin on November 02, 2018, 09:37:57 PM
Just curious. When MFP1 is released, will it include a prop pack with various implements? I think I remember Fred mentioning at one time that he had done some models for things like tractors, machinery, wagons,  disc harrows, plows, rockgatherer, seeders, more wagons, drainage layers, Harvesters, etc.
Yes, the last set will be the Implements, including tractors, Feeders, Fences, plows, harrows, balers, wagons of different sizes and utilities, mowers, rakes and conditioners, corn dryiers, bales, and many other smaller utility props. more than hundred so far.
Thanks for the offer to help me, but all of the MFP1 sets are already made into props.

While I'm here........All of the props that I will include in the MFP1 Set, have been finished with modeling and rendering (by the beginning of last October). I am a little slow at this time, but I work on it almost everyday, testing and choosing the right and best props and making the packages. All sets will be ready to upload before Christmas. I don't know how many, but there's a lot.....a very lot.
Next weekend I would be able to show a teaser of what's coming up. But be patient, all this is a real mess on my harddrive and DVD's and making pics takes a lot of time that I use at the moment to verify the quality of the renders.......Some pics and updates can already be seen on Facebook under "Simcity 4" and "Simcity Fanatics". I also started to play SC4 again with a new region. mostly with countrysides and farms. a perfect place to test my MFP1 first growable farmlots

Fred

Jack_wilds

Hi Fred
:)
its passed harvest... everything ought to go better easyier -right?... 
trowing "dirt" out on teh fileds of dirt now... cycle of fram and life

:satisfied:

be blessed

evarburg

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 03, 2018, 01:07:49 PM

Yes, the last set will be the Implements, including tractors, Feeders, Fences, plows, harrows, balers, wagons of different sizes and utilities, mowers, rakes and conditioners, corn dryiers, bales, and many other smaller utility props. more than hundred so far.  (...) While I'm here........All of the props that I will include in the MFP1 Set, have been finished with modeling and rendering (by the beginning of last October). I am a little slow at this time, but I work on it almost everyday, testing and choosing the right and best props and making the packages. All sets will be ready to upload before Christmas. I don't know how many, but there's a lot.....a very lot.
Next weekend I would be able to show a teaser of what's coming up. But be patient, all this is a real mess on my harddrive and DVD's and making pics takes a lot of time that I use at the moment to verify the quality of the renders.......Some pics and updates can already be seen on Facebook under "Simcity 4" and "Simcity Fanatics". I also started to play SC4 again with a new region. mostly with countrysides and farms. a perfect place to test my MFP1 first growable farmlots

Fred

OH GOODIE !!!!!!  &hlp

FrankU

Well, that sounds promising!
Guess I have to take some days off in the Christmasweek so I can try to figure out how the editor works and what my farm lots look like....
I really haven't touched SC4 stuff in a year or so.
But my memory is still quite weel, so I guess it will be all right.
It might take some tome though before I will have finished relotting all my 100+ lots for you.

mrbisonm

My SC4 is back on line, I even started playing the game again. And there's not one day that I do not touch any stuff of the MFP1.....(and MFP2.............)
Very difficult to choose the right models for the upload though. Some take days to decide whether or whether not to use them in my Mega Farm package.

FrankU, I will send you the siloset (the biggest yet) sometime next week or the week after, followed shortly with the Buildings/shed set. Is your e-mail address still the same? My e-mail for simcity, farming simulator and other games is now mrbisonm@mail.com, make sure to note this, because the others are dead. ;)

Pics are coming up also, just that this takes a lot of time to do.....

Fred

FrankU

Hi Fred,

I'm looking forward to it!
My e-mail is still the same. That is the advantage of having your own domain: durability of e-mail addresses.
Otherwise you can send me a zippyshare link by message, of course. I use wetransfer.com, quite convenient too.

Greetings,
Frank

mrbisonm

metarvo

It's good to see you back at it Fred!  I'm looking forward to what you and Frank come up with.

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

FrankU

Quote from: metarvo on November 15, 2018, 11:41:14 AM
It's good to see you back at it Fred!  I'm looking forward to what you and Frank come up with.

Me too!  ;D

mrbisonm

Frank, I 'll be late two or three days to send you the proppacks. We have received more than 30 cm of snow in the last two days. Lotsa work outside. ;)
Fred

mrbisonm

Ok, I think I am finished with all this MFP1 stuff, have chosen hundreds of Bats for the upload from hundreds of Models I made. What a mess.......lol.

Now to get all this into  the works of finalizing I will need some serious help from actual Players.
Here's what I have in mind.

Scale always has been a problem of mine, sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't and the other day I like it again. To get the right scale, I need your opinion.

I need 5 (Five) serious Players that play a lot with farms and have time to check three of my temp lots that I experimentally made. Nothing regular, nice, detailed nor final. These are two lots that you can find in the Parkmenu (for convenience) that represent Modern typical Canadian Dairyfarms. I want you to have a serious look at the size (SCALE) of the different bldgs and appliances used, carefully evaluate them and let me know how their sizes appear through your eyes and come back to me with the results.
Once that is done, it will be easier for me to see if other models are either over or underscaled by comparing the models with the ones you judged. There are a 5x5 and 4x6 lot and another one that I forgot it's size. Three different scales have been used. I included the barns. Be honest and simple, don't start critisizing the very details on the models (like doors and windows too small or too big), just check out the whole prop and rate it as too small or too big or ok. Thank You.

Resizing a model is easy and quickly done, but they have to be as right as possible, especially in this game since there are so many different scales in it .

So, please present yourself here and I will send you these two MFP1 lots ready to use, (in PM) which you will check out for the scaling in the game. If possible do it this or next week though, because I will be ready to send them to the LOTmaker (FrankU). After you can do what you want with these lots, without uploading them though, because they will not be supported and not be part of the MFP1 Proppack with their identifications. These are Experimental LOTS only!

I will choose the five first serious Players that have experience with farmbuildings and stuff. Thank you.

The reason I ask for this is because I have a little doubt about some of my model's scale, and this bothers me a lot to be uploaded for your use.

Fred

Click on link below for pics

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1w61ou0qw/