• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railroad crossings and other traffic props

Started by jondor, May 31, 2011, 02:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

^^ There's currently no opposite-side layout available, and it'll be tricky (maybe impossible) to make one. The point is that in this setup the T21 layout of one tile is dependent of the road layout of another tile. This makes it impossible to make everything (especially the multi-tile networks) like the USA setup, unless you do some large RUL2 modifications and adding extra transit textures and paths. However, this is not a feasable option...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jondor

There is the offset prop solution.  Since you're using S3D traffic lights, you'd just need two additional versions of each prop, offset 16m and 32m (in the correct direction of course) and you wouldn't even have to modify the T21s except to change the prop IIDs.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MandelSoft

Yeah, but then I still need offset posts. In summary, it's quite some more work than the setups I'm currently making...

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

j-dub

QuoteIn summary, it's quite some more work than the setups I'm currently making...

@mrtnrln, and it's quite appreciated. I wouldn't want to overburden you, but I wanted to show you another attachment, before I ran short on time. I can't figure it out, when you first draw a regular road T, its okay, but when you draw further the opposite direction away from the intersection, then the game decides to take the light and expand the pole length. ()what()

Also, the pictures before, I know what Maxis did, that made their crossings impossible, with the red X's and signal's, so I guess should of mentioned I thought those real pictures I found on the web, reminded me of how SC4 looked after TuLEP's came out for it, for the first time.

MandelSoft

Erm, both intersections are bugged. You aren't supposed to see the Maxis stoplight post after all. I have to review that section again when I'm ready with the rest of the T21s (I don't use the Auto Left Turn Lane Plugin anymore due to NWM instability problems)

j-dub

QuoteYou aren't supposed to see the Maxis stoplight post after all
Oh yeah, I forgot about those! Derp! (or Derpy in this case)
http://www.youtube.com/v/54cM2OqT2hk

QuoteThis makes it impossible to make everything (especially the multi-tile networks) like the USA setup, unless you do some large RUL2 modifications and adding extra transit textures and paths.

I don't even remember who edited which components to get the signals in that video working, but are you saying your mod would need to be built differently to switch the pole positions? I can't remember if European users, also got switched to have them after the X in that setup.

MandelSoft

^^ Those are about the only setups asside from the TuLEPs that allow these setups without any difficulty. However most of the other draggable intersections do require more work...

jondor

The TuLEPs get away with it without much extra work because they are puzzle pieces.  The traffic lights are not on the tile where the traffic does (or sometimes does not) actually stop.  The traffic light itself is activated by a spare stop point.

Until S3D animated props came along, this was the only option for far side US-style lights on multi-tile networks.  Consider as a simple case, a Road T-boning into an AVE vs a 4 way intersection.  In the T case, the T end tile needs to have a traffic light (for the intersection half) and the intersection half needs not to have one.  Now look at the + case: Both tiles are now the same half intersection (same IID as the T case), both now need traffic lights for each other, but now neither of them do or else the T intersection will have a spare light pole and traffic lights facing nothing.

ATC-based props could not be offset because they are simply flat images drawn onto the framebuffer.  These new S3D lights can be offset because they are fully fledged 3D models just like everything else.  The big problem lies in editing that whole mess of T21s again, which Maarten points out is a daunting task.

That's why I copy/pasted as much as I could during the RR crossing prop development and actually ran them through a java program I wrote specifically to swap all the prop locations and IIDs over to LHD rather than do that by hand.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

j-dub

Well, anyways, got this

Unfortunately, I'm not done yet, but I have to upload somewhere. Talking about it, I can describe I encountered something else like this, with one signal on the groun with one of the 3 tile wide TuLEPs.

MandelSoft

This bug has been reported on the previous page and I'll fix it in the next (soon to come) version...

j-dub

Yeah, I saw it, but I didn't know if that bug was only specific to only certain combined signal sets or not.

MandelSoft

Today I've uploaded version 0.5 of my stoplight mod. The following updates have been made:

- Main NAM T21s (overpasses, uncommon intersections and Tram-in-Avenue) have been added. Almost everything is re-done now*
- All signal models now have smaller variants, which are 33% smaller than the regular lights
- AVE-8 posts are fixed (they were too short)
- Dutch post set has been added
- General bugfixes

You can download it from the usual location: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/zzz_MRTNRLN_Stoplight_Replacement_Mod.zip

Happy testing!

Best,
Maarten

* no LHD support yet for the overpasses...

lrb

I came across this thread (again) after browsing through the forums. While reading, I found the stoplight mod here. I downloaded and installed it, played with some different sets, and, played SimCity with it. While playing with it, I found some glitches that slipped through or (it is version 0.5) didn't get looked at yet. Either way, here are the ones I found:

AVE-6/TLA-7 x ROAD T-INTERSECTION
Nothing special.

AVE-6/TLA-7 TuLEP x ROAD TuLEP T-INTERSECTION
A puzzle piece. Also, the stoplight in the median is partially in the way of turning traffic.

4-Way version of previous intersection.

AVE-6/TLA-5 x AVENUE T-INTERSECTION
Nothing special.

AVE-6 x AVE-6, AVE-6 x TLA-5, and TLA-5 x TLA-5 INTERSECTIONS
Nothing special.

T-End version of previous image.

AVE-6/TLA-7 TuLEP x AVENUE TuLEP T-INTERSECTION
A puzzle piece.

4-Way version of previous intersection.

I really like the way this project is going. I've been waiting for something like this!  &apls

Thanks,

--lrb
Simtropolis: lrb2_
Steam       : lrb2_

MandelSoft

Most of these bugs I've already fixed on my end, and I think I'll upload them quite soon ;)

SiameseKitty

Is there an arangement for the United States that the signal head are behind the intersection instead of being in front like the european setup. &mmm

Example...

(R)(Y)(G)-------|
                                                                              |
[/size]

..................................(INTERSECTION)...............................................

MandelSoft

^^ See the posts top of the page. Unlike the European setup, this would be very hard to make..

MandelSoft

Today I've uploaded version 0.6 of my stoplight mod. The following updates have been made:

- More T21 bugfixing
- Fixed the diagonal stoplight models from the smaller stoplight model versions.
- More LHD support*
- Added RHW TuLEPs, DDI and SPUI support
- Modified AVE-4 T21 setups for the Scandinavia set

You can download it from the usual location: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24507921/zzz_MRTNRLN_Stoplight_Replacement_Mod.zip

Happy testing!

Best,
Maarten

* NWM TuLEPs not yet supported for LHD...

SiameseKitty

Out of curriosity how did you make them, like what program did you use? :thumbsup:

SiameseKitty

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 10, 2012, 01:58:32 AM
^^ See the posts top of the page. Unlike the European setup, this would be very hard to make..
I kinda see what you mean, anyways it was just a thought.