• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing some Exemplar Properties

Started by Egi, February 20, 2014, 09:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egi

Hello together,

I played around a little bit with the ILive Reader 1.4 (and also 0.93).
Great tool!

I tried to mod something and walked through that list here:
http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Exemplar_properties

Now I miss some properties in the reader for example in the Building_Development_Simulator Exemplar.
Stuff like "Cost Multiplier vs lot slope" is there but not "kShouldAttemptLotLevellingProperty".

Why has the list in the wiki more properties then I can see in the ILive Reader?
I pointed the reader to the SC4Exemplar.xml that came with the maxis plugin manager installation.
I also made sure that this .xml file also contains the mentioned exemplar "kShouldAttemptLotLevellingProperty".

Any idea what the problem is?

Best regards

vortext

Quote from: Egi on February 20, 2014, 09:54:06 AM
I pointed the reader to the SC4Exemplar.xml that came with the maxis plugin manager installation.

Point it to tropod_Properties.xml which came with Reader instead.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Tropod

Quote from: Egi on February 20, 2014, 09:54:06 AM
I played around a little bit with the ILive Reader 1.4 (and also 0.93).
Great tool!
Now I miss some properties in the reader for example in the Building_Development_Simulator Exemplar.
Stuff like "Cost Multiplier vs lot slope" is there but not "kShouldAttemptLotLevellingProperty"......

I don't use 1.4 anymore so I'm not sure if ilive fixed it, but 0.93 has a bug in that it doesn't parse properties of type Uint16 if I recall, which coincidently 0x6534284A/0xE7E2C2DB/0xE8DA7677 has one of. As such if you're reading the original Exemplar ilives reader won't show anything past 0x47E2C383 & subsequently truncates the rest of the properties in this exemplar if you modify it at all. 2 options to get around this; 1: (back up files first) hex edit the original, save a copy. Option 2: (shameless plug  ;D) use my SC4Reader Tool ;D.

On a side note; I've recently updated tropod_Properties.xml due to some typos in it that causes ilives reader not to parse some "Data Type" types properly. Copy of this comes with my SC4Reader tool.

Egi

so the properties were not there no matter what .xml I used.
I switched to the sc4reader.
thanks for the answer!