• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

Quote from: thomasvista on October 27, 2008, 04:29:54 PM
So I'm guessing that the next thing to do would be to introduce new plugins one at a time to determine which one(s) are screwing with the RTMT?

Basically, yes.  You can put the NAM in all at once; there are no known issues with it, so assuming your copy isn't corrupted, that shouldn't cause a problem.  I would then start with any game mods you have, as they are the most likely culprit.  You can save yourself a bit of time by doing a type of "binary search" for this bug.  For the mods, move half of them back to your Plugins folder.  If the problem appears, move half of them out.  Otherwise, move half of the remaining ones in, etc.

If the problem isn't the mods, I'd recommend moving all your dependency packs in.  You can probably do that as a whole group, as they're unlkely to be the problem.  But you should check the game after doing this anyway.  Then try moving in various groups of other files, again using the binary search method to save time.

And when you find out what the problem is, please let us know.  It will be very helpful information if anyone else encounters this problem.

thomasvista

Z,

I found out that it is the Trafficfix DM mod that's causing the problems. Which really stinks because without it, even with the 5x NAM capacity and no congestion, commute times in my cities are still within the 40-45 minute range and it is causing problems with unemployement and abandoned buildings in my downtowns. Can the trafficfix DAT file be modified to be compatible with the NAM? I've never worked with DAT files before, but I'm pretty tech savvy when it comes to things like this.

I appreciate all you guys help!
Jason

Andreas

The old traffic fix files has been superseeded by the NAM/NAM plugins and shouldn't be used any longer.
Andreas

z

Andreas is absolutely right (as usual).  All the old traffic fix files now have some variation of the following prepended to their description:

QuoteIf you already have the Network Addon Mod (NAM) you should not install this mod.This mod is also included in a variety of files that come with the NAM. It is strongly recommended to remove this mod before installing NAM.

This means that these mods cannot be "fixed" to work with the NAM.  Instead, I would recommend upgrading to a more modern traffic simulator.  If you're having trouble with the 5x simulator, I would recommend trying (shameless plug) Simulator Z, which can be downloaded here.  It's specifically designed to deal with heavy traffic in large cities.  Although it's still in the alpha release stage, it's quite stable, and a number of people are using it as their main simulator.  It's also got a custom RTMT mod to provide custom capacities.  A new version is coming out in a few days, though, so you might want to wait for that one.

If you want to stick with a more traditional approach, you should use either Simulator A or B.  And if none of these simulators fix your problems, you need to do some work on your city.

Crissa

Can I place ped-tiles behind RTMT stops and expect it to work?

-Crissa

z

Yes, if you place a ped mall tile directly next to an RTMT stop, pedestrians should be able to walk from the ped mall tile to the RTMT tile and take whatever transport is available.

TheChosenOne

Can someone help me? Whats is the name of the current release? (3.?)

z

The current release is 3.50; the recently released patch announced in the Announcements thread is 3.51.

deathtopumpkins

Regarding the newly released T-RAM stations:

OK, I played for a few minutes this afternoon, and seeded a forest. Only one little part was messed up with the wrong trees (Peg used one of c.p.'s IIDs on one of his trees, though I don't really mind), but then I installed the T-RAM stations and the RHW Path Fix (asked there too), and now everywhere I see trees is just Peg's Pine trees. Even areas that this afternoon seeded as c.p.'s. Could something included in these stations possibly have caused this? I checked and I don't have Peg's God Mode Tree Mod installed, and the aforementioned things are the only things I've installed today. I would ask at Peg's too but he wasn't very receptive last time I pointed out that he had used c.p.'s IIDs and wouldn't admit it... and I haven't installed anything of his in about a week.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

z

It's highly unlikely; the only possible way that I can think of that these stations could have any effect on your trees is from an IID collision.  This is very unlikely, of course, but I just took a look at the IIDs used in PEG's Pine Forest, and they're nowhere near anything I used.  The fact that you're still getting trees (although the wrong ones) and nothing from an RTMT T-RAM station (they have no trees) makes me suspect that the problem is with Peg's stuff, especially since he's already had an IID collision with his trees.  You might want to look through c.p.'s IIDs and compare them closely with PEG's; that's what I would do next.

Swamper77

CP's tree controllers contain exemplars for Maxis' trees so the trees will show up when you are using any of the tree controllers that don't plant Maxis' trees. PEG's Pine Tree download contains the same exemplars to display his models in place of the Maxis ones and unlike CP's versions of the exemplars, PEG's allows the Maxis trees to be planted again while showing his models and modified LTEXT files. The only way to prevent PEG's Pine Trees from showing up with CP's trees is to load the CP tree controller you are using after PEG's Pine Trees.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

The Arrowz

Hi I'm just wondering... what am I doing wrong? For some reason the T-RAM stations don't work the way they should, and the menu is messed up as well... (I followed the readme, there's only one station in the props folder and I replaced what's necessary in the original RTMT folder).  When I plop the station, the road doesn't fill in, leaving an empty floor (showing the landscape). Also, the menu icons and buttons are wrong/glitchy. In the area where there should be icons for T-RAM stations, there are no icons. Likewise scrolling is an issue as glitches are present (going up/going down doesn't just leave a blank patch for where the icons should go, but instead makes the menu skip around, so if I scroll down I'll go past existing icons onto the blank patch. Then if I keep scrolling down, I get back to the existing icons...).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Either way, I can't wait for the RTMT4!

z

It sounds to me like you may have deleted the file RTMT_Road_Textures_Euro.dat by mistake.  Right now, there are only Euro textures because T-RAM comes only with Euro textures.  Deleting this file would cause all the problems you describe.

The Arrowz

I still have problems :( The last time I posted, regular RTMT stuff worked fine. Now...

Here's what I have:

Please and thank you!

deathtopumpkins

So, swamper, my problem should be fixed by just having my tree controller load after p.e.g's trees? hmm... I'll stick a few z's in front of stuff and see if that works. I will post if it does later. Thanks.

z, that's why I was confused...  ;) If Swamper's solution doesn't work, I'll check out the IIDs like you said.

OK, I made my terrain folder load after p.e.g's stuff, and now my trees are about 70% Maxis 30% c.p., instead of 100% p.e.g's. And I think instead of continuing this here, as it is kinda off-topic, could you please PM me swamper when you go to respond to this?  :) Thanks.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

z

Quote from: The Arrowz on February 27, 2009, 12:45:19 PM
I still have problems :( The last time I posted, regular RTMT stuff worked fine. Now...

Here's what I have:

Please and thank you!

Standard RTMT V3.50 and the RTMT T-RAM stations are completely separate, non-interacting packages.  You have mixed them up, and in the process have altered your original RTMT installation.  You are missing your road textures for standard RTMT because you apparently deleted the road textures file for that package; it's not in your file listing.  You need to have either RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Standard.dat or RTMTV3_RoadTextures_Euro.dat installed; since you are in the US, you probably want the first file.

RogerRon91

Hey folks!  :) I have a Problem with the RTMT T-RAM Stations...

I have built the stops in my town and have activated them with the one-way street tools. Now I can depart the stops no more...

With the removing...

and afterwards!

How I can depart the stops?

Please, help me!

PS: sry for my bad English  ;)

Greez
RogerRon91
Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

Andreas

Du meinst, Du kannst die Haltestellen nicht mehr abreißen?

You mean that you can't bulldoze the stations anymore?
Andreas

RogerRon91

Genau auf's Fass getroffen!

Das mein ich..

EDIT by Andreas: Translation:

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
Um well .... I know my English is enhanceable. =)

allan_kuan1992

uhoh... not immortal lot syndrome =O

- Allan Kuan