• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT NWM Stations

Started by z, July 07, 2011, 11:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

We still have a few more to build...

io_bg

Looks nice! But what about moving the shelter closer to the road?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

z

b22rian

steve,

I think both the props and shelter look better closer to the road.

cammo2003

Glad to see these are actively being worked on. I use RTMT stops almost exclusively (I have a couple of other stops in my city (mainly because they're diagonal On-Road stops, which I've needed in a few places) and the lack of RTMT stops (I realise others have has been one of the reasons I've avoided extensive use of NWM roads (though I do use them in the inner city in a few places).

I'll be a dissenting voice and say I prefer the props being further back (on the grounds that to mine, it seems a safer arrangement for pedestrians).

alecz

1 - I agree with Cammo. The shelters should be as far away from the road as possible. This is also closer to the Vanilla bus stops. This is also the way they are built here in Montreal.

2 - where can I download this new mod from?

catty

Quote from: alecz on December 09, 2011, 06:24:19 AM
...2 - where can I download this new mod from?

Hi alecz

That was a "work in progress" picture, we are still at the stage of making the stops and then testing will have to be done on each of them to make sure they work correctly ...

Catty
RTMT Team
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mike3775

I for one do not mind whether the stops are closer to the road or away from the roads.  Both are fine for me. 

I am glad they are being made for the NWM, and want to say thanks to everyone who is working on this

z

A fully-functional FLUP under a bus stop for a TLA-3?  (Courtesy of b22rian)

mike3775

toxicpiano

Nice progress, is there an ETA on this?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

catty

Quote from: toxicpiano on July 07, 2012, 10:54:29 AM
Nice progress, is there an ETA on this?

not at this stage, we are a bit like the NAM in that respect ... but steady progress is being made   :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Grneyes

I would like to be able to have stops at two perpendicular roads. Whenever I plop a stop on, say a north/southbound road, and try to plop one on an east/westbound road, the road breaks and I get a terrain error.

z

You actually don't have to have two stops there; a single stop at an intersection will serve all four directions of the intersection.  However, if you want to have stops on both roads, one of them has to be at least one tile away from the intersection, or else you'll get the problem you describe.  Unfortunately, there's no way around this.

Grneyes

Quote from: z on July 08, 2012, 08:42:58 PM
You actually don't have to have two stops there; a single stop at an intersection will serve all four directions of the intersection.  However, if you want to have stops on both roads, one of them has to be at least one tile away from the intersection, or else you'll get the problem you describe.  Unfortunately, there's no way around this.

Ah okay. I did not know about one stop servicing all four directions. Thanx!