• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Whooops, that's big, that's huge...  :D :D :D
Really nice work! :)  &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Girafe

I love it. Finally an IKEA which looks real and fit real size world  &apls &apls &apls

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

That Ikea looks absolutely perfect  &apls Really like the apartments and other recent projects as well!

Andreas

Hah, now that's what I call a mega lot alright! :thumbsup: Truly a perfect rendition of the actual size of those IKEA stores. You even chose a different blue, so they can't sue you for abusing their trademark by making such a perfect copy. :D The parking lot has LHD textures, I've never seen those before, did you make those yourself?
Andreas

CasperVg

Looks very nice! I feel like a store of that size would have to provide more parking space in order to get planning approval though. Perhaps the lot should include an underground parking garage entrance/exit somewhere?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

PaPa-J

WOW!  That thing is huge! Is that the size of a small city?

Brilliantly done! :bnn:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Andreas

Quote from: CasperVg on June 18, 2018, 05:58:30 AM
I feel like a store of that size would have to provide more parking space in order to get planning approval though. Perhaps the lot should include an underground parking garage entrance/exit somewhere?
I had a look at various IKEA stores in Google Maps, and all around had about 40-50% open space around the actual building. Some actually included a parking garage, and some shared the parking lot with other large stores, so I'm pretty sure Matt took that into account.

Compared to other parking lot textures, the maneuvering area for those look pretty generous, though, hence the amount of cars that will fit on the lot is somewhat limited (and then there's always the risk to hit the number of props cap with such huge lots). As advised in Matt's usual BAT descriptions, you're free to change the parking lot textures to something else yourselves, though. :thumbsup:
Andreas

Simmer2

Hi Matt.

Now we are talking  &apls &apls (I love megalots :thumbsup:)

By the way does it come in a little box with some tools for the assembly process?  :D

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Excellent! I'm also loving the use of KOSC's LHD parking textures!

Great to have a properly scaled IKEA store. I like the solar panels as well.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Andreas

Quote from: Simmer2 on June 18, 2018, 07:26:01 AMBy the way does it come in a little box with some tools for the assembly process?  :D
No, but you get a free pencil. :P
Andreas

art128

Very nice. Finally a nice big Ikea store for the sims who cannot afford more expensive furniture. (or just need something cheap, like in uni flats) :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kitsune

That ikea looks really really nice ! And they make practical furniture .... my couch is holding up quite well despite having a dalmatian and a labrador jumping on and off constantly for the past two years.
~ NAM Team Member

Krasner

Amazing  &apls And now I need to make a big commercial zone in my suburbs "concreting" some fileds...

(btw maybe you missed my question about that building in my previous response ?...)
ANARCHIST !!

fantozzi

from store to super-store to mega-store - I think your IKEA compared to gascooker's reflects pretty well the evolution of stores in general.

Lately I was at the new bauhaus giga-store with my old mother. Walking from the gardening division to the checkout she needed to have a rest two times to sit down on her walking frame.

I wonder if there will come a time you will need supplies to make it through those stores alive.

Bipin

Fab work!  &apls

omgitskosc

I have such a bit soft spot for massive buildings and lots. Amazing work! :thumbsup:

lolo69ol01

Hi, very nice job with Ikea I really like the bat and the cosntruction  &apls
Do you will publish the bat one day ?

mattb325

Thanks guys.

A couple of answers...

1) The lot size is 18x18 so it is pretty close to the maximum number of textures, props and objects that can be used on a lot.
2) It's KSOCs parking (I wanted to use the LHD option for something different and to honour the fact that sweden actually switched from LHD driving 40 years ago)  ::)
3) The building and parking spaces (>600) are accurate to real world scale.
4) The building in one of those screen shots is by Bixel https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/17588-wang-chau-public-housing-estate/, but I altered it.
5) I will of course release the IKEA, after sufficient testing. It's not just a usual plop with jobs.

For now, I have uploaded Catalina Restaurant (a week or so ago):

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3620

and today the Trade Union Hall:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3621

Terring7

The Catalina Restaurant is very nice and unique. I wish for more buildings like this :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

gutterclub

Love your work mate, Trade Union Hall is super cute and super useful. Keep them coming :)